• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes swarovski torture test videos

Re: swarovski torture test videos

I can see the ad on ebay now "demo scope" for sale....
smile.gif

It makes me cringe to see them use a paper towel on the lenses more than seeing it shot! Looks like they need their own TV show.

Thats definitely a torture test. I don't think they could get it mounted any higher if they tried lol.

Wow!
The sounds is out on my computer, so I couldn't hear his explaination but the results are clear. What kind of mount is he using? LaRue? Impressive results on the mount as well.

That makes me feel really good about the Z6 I have!!! Who the hell shoots a scope???

Fun video.

When guy shot his scope with a a shotgun...I thought ho-hum, happens to my scopes all the time.

but when his buddy used the paper towel to wipe off the lenses I cried NOOOOOOOO YOU HAVE LOST YOUR MIND!!!

That was too much to watch.

Thats a good test. Makes me realize a scope is a lot stronger then how I treat it.

I always worried about banging mine, It really is a good
Advertisement for Swarovski.
I would like to see others in the same test.

Thats cool but give a scope to a monkey in a cage, or a platoon of rangers and see how long one lasts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CW1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats cool but give a scope to a monkey in a cage, or a platoon of rangers and see how long one lasts. </div></div>

have you seen a tougher test of another companies equipment?

Thats great for a test other that some are saying it wont tract correct when new and the last time I read about this was on a new Z6. I would like to see the same test but just dialing to a different elevation with the system they use with the 3 color coded yardages. I like the glass just heard to many tracking problems with them.

Impress me by driving over gravel, not a grassy flat field.
That was as lame as a "test" could get.

I am more stupid for having watched that, and may god have mercy on their souls.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Impress me by driving over gravel, not a grassy flat field.
That was as lame as a "test" could get.

I am more stupid for having watched that, and may god have mercy on their souls. </div></div>

did you watch test # 2 where they shot it with a 12 ga?

Im pretty sure that shotgun/barbasol video is fake.

When the camera zooms out to the target the second time, the film pauses (camera stops shaking and the blades of grass stop moving), then the "hole" that appears in the target is digitally drawn onto the target (watch how it "fades in" and notice that the coloring behind it doesnt match up).

Watch it again closely with sound off, and see for yourself. Im pretty sure there is some digital doctoring.

Edit: Im now 99% sure its fake. I can see a digital editing mark on the screen at the moment the second "bullet hole" appears.

what is a digital editing mark? i watched the video again and didn't see anything but im not a pro video editor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is a digital editing mark? i watched the video again and didn't see anything but im not a pro video editor </div></div>

what 427 said...

Yeah, I think he took his hand off the camera on the tripod, which caused it to stop shaking. It was shaking before and after because he was touching it while messing with the zoom.

i've always been a Swarovski fan, in fact, i'm using a set of 10x42 el's this season. that said, i'm got a 5.5-22 nightforce on my rifle, but i wouldn't hesitate to use a swarovski with the new ballistic turret system. just wish it had something for wind,

http://bt.swarovskioptik.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JACQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fake video? are you kidding me... go put your tinfoil hat back in a closet. I found some other pictures of this torture test.

look at these and tell me its fake now.
</div></div>

Go back and read what I said before getting defensive. I said that I think the second "shot" on the target is what was fake. I never said that they didnt shoot the scope and I never said that a Swarovski couldnt take a shotgun blast.

I am just saying that, in the video posted above, there are some tell-tale signs of digital manipulation at the point where the second hole is placed on the target.

you mentioned you saw the second shot fade in. isn't thatexactly what would happen on a shoot and see target? (im actually asking)

I'm sorry, but that is damn impressive! That really really makes me want a 1-6 Z6 with their BRT or BDC? reticle! I bet that thing has sweet glass in it!

Please! Please! Please make some kind of tactical/adjustable turret optic!

How sweet would one of their 2.5-15 or 5-30 Z6's with maybe a 34mm tube and a couple big fat knobs on it be?? Lightweight and clear as day!

I have two Z6 scopes Identical to the one's used in the test. I have never put'em thru that type of torture, but they have servd me well in the last 2 yrs of hunting.

It's not fake! The video never pixelates or digitizes. The camera operator simply took his hand off the camera andthe video became STILL until he put his hand back on the camera to zoom out. Watch at 3:44 when the bullet hits the target, you can actually see the black paper fall down behind the right leg on the target. Click on and off the video as slow motion and watch. Everything is in sink.

No, Just real world failures in the field. in no way was I discredting the scope. Now do this same test to other scopes....
Would love to see more tests too.

But then I am not getting shot at by #7 shot. It is just a dog and pony show in my eyes. I would rather have a scope tested by dropping it 50 feet attached to a 300lb bag of potatoes simulating a fastrope failure with a full loadout.

Be advised I do have a z6i, love it and yes this test makes me more secure in my choice in optics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CW1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats cool but give a scope to a monkey in a cage, or a platoon of rangers and see how long one lasts. </div></div>

have you seen a tougher test of another companies equipment?</div></div>

I have bigger dents on my Leupold and Super Sniper from everyday use than that one shot with shotgun. Not saying they aren't nice or decent scopes but practice shot at what 30-40 paces isn't that impressive.

the zero was lost after every test on the bushnell. the swarovski kept it zero the entire time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the zero was lost after every test on the bushnell. the swarovski kept it zero the entire time. </div></div>

I missed that part. Do you have a link?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the zero was lost after every test on the bushnell. the swarovski kept it zero the entire time. </div></div>

I missed that part. Do you have a link? </div></div>

its the link you supplied. it said they had to re adjust between tests, unless i miss understood.

I know a lot of you guys say that scopes and guns are just tools, but I just can't do that to something that costs as much as these "tools" do. I am glad to know that these high end toys we play with can take the abuse, I just won't be the one giving it. Thanks for sharing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know a lot of you guys say that scopes and guns are just tools, but I just can't do that to something that costs as much as these "tools" do. I am glad to know that these high end toys we play with can take the abuse, I just won't be the one giving it. Thanks for sharing. </div></div>

trust me your not alone. i dont mind if my gun or scope scrapes a limb hunting and it leaves a scratch, but im defintally not doning it on purpose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JACQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fake video? are you kidding me... go put your tinfoil hat back in a closet. I found some other pictures of this torture test.

look at these and tell me its fake now.
</div></div>

Go back and read what I said before getting defensive. I said that I think the second "shot" on the target is what was fake. I never said that they didnt shoot the scope and I never said that a Swarovski couldnt take a shotgun blast.

I am just saying that, in the video posted above, there are some tell-tale signs of digital manipulation at the point where the second hole is placed on the target. </div></div>

Are you high? No part of that video looks obviously digitally manipulated. Compression of the video is enough to create artifacts that can appear as digital manipulation. Especially on an image that doesn't change and then subtly changes. (such as a target). Experts of the internet love to call "shopped" like it makes them highly superior and totally wicked awesome bro. Besides if someone was going to cheat at this, the much easier way would be to achieve the deception in camera with an entirely different rifle shooting the target.

Still what do these guys have to gain through deception? Zero. That enough should prove that it's not fake.

A scope functioning after being shot with birdshot is totally believable. Oh yeah, and you can see a bit of the target fall off from the hit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the zero was lost after every test on the bushnell. the swarovski kept it zero the entire time. </div></div>

I missed that part. Do you have a link? </div></div>

its the link you supplied. it said they had to re adjust between tests, unless i miss understood. </div></div>

I see what your talking about. My original point thou was what a real test should actually consist of more or less. I just don't see the bird shot at 30 yards and a dunk in water as "on par" with other scope tests I've seen. It looks "COOL" but really doesn't do much to test a higher dollar scope.

i really didn't see any abuse in the link you showed except the fence post at the end and after that there was no shooting. thats one thing i do appriciate about the swarovski video, its all in one section. no cutouts you see everything. to each his own but thats the hardest torture test ive seen so far.