• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes SWFA says "50 cal rated" for the SS series, odds that VORTEX PST Scopes handle 458 SOCOM?

My buddy has a 1-4 PST on his socom and I will be running one on my socom as well. I would not look at the 2.5-10x44, if you want that kind of magnification get the x32 FFP model. Its well worth the extra cash. Ive had all three of those scopes and the x32 has the best glass but on my socom I don't need that kind of magnification. For a little more cash Id go with the SWFA 1-6 though. Its an awesome scope and even better glass than the 1-4 and on par with the x32 PST. The reticle is awesome for quick acquisition on low power but has enough magnification for longer shots. All depends on how far you intend to shoot your socom.

All depends on how far you intend to shoot your socom.

Up to 600yds at the front end of the farm.
anim_bounce.gif

1 click on the backside for .308/7mm-08/7mm RemMag/300WM.

I'll pass SWFA and jump on NF if the PSTs can't handle 300gr REM HP/35gr H110/CCI 350 or 300gr Barnes TTSX/31.5gr H110/CCI 350.

Thanks!!!

Forgot to add: Been shooting 458S since 2003. For load development, I used a Japan manf'd Simmons AETEC 2.5-10x42.

The AETEC is now on my brothers REM 597M. It loves shooting 33gr poly fodder under 1"/100yds/5 shot groups. Yepper, that AETEC took almost
7 years of abuse and it's still doing its job rather well on the 597M.

Last edited:
600yds with a 458 socom?

The SWFA 1-6 is much nicer than the 1-4 nightforce and almost as nice as the vortex razor 1-6 but at dang near half the price.

600yds with a 458 socom?

The SWFA 1-6 is much nicer than the 1-4 nightforce and almost as nice as the vortex razor 1-6 but at dang near half the price.

600yds is fun and still kinda precise. I've been wanting to build a collapsible life size buffalo target.

1 click is a Call for Naval Gun Fire... hold my beer.
icon_smile_cool.gif

This is the 100yd line at the "Draw" {front side of the farm, FT308W(not in pics) has been up there more than once} :

John, on his first AR. The AETEC was borrowed till his scope came in.
P1010100.jpg

Showing John how I would set up to get rounds on paper at 25yds:
P1010101.jpg

Me firing John's rifle at the end of the day with his last 3 rounds:
P1010102.jpg

My brother, Louis, shooting one of two of my 458 SOCOMs with an AIMPOINT 5000:
P1010084.jpg

I'll have to get some 300 & 600yd pics, pronto.

Last edited:
Shooting 458 socom at 600yds has to be damn near indirect fire lol. 458s don't kick nearly as bad as some people make them out to be. Yeah its throwing a chunk of lead out there but its only doing it at 1800ish fps.