• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

tactical bolt knob

aggieffbfd

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2009
Can anyone give me info on how to change my bolt knob on my rem 700. looking to put a tactical one on. Is it hard to do at home or do i need a smith to take care of it. Have a lil expierence with working on guns. Rebuilt a savage 10 from hunting 308 to tactical rifle. Was my first attempt and learned alot. So was thinking that i accomplished that how hard could it be to change the bolt knob
Thanks
Tac Medic

Rem 700 sendero 300 win mag
Zeiss conquest 6.5x20x50
about to put new stock and duracoat on

Re: tactical bold knob

is it really that hard? I really want to know.... i have a spare bold body just in case i screw it up

It isn't rocket surgery.

If you are mechanically inclined with attention to detail I'd say go for it.

Easiest is the stud route, next up is the Tac Ops which involves welding or solder (your choice), and at the top of the DIY difficulty list (if you don't have access to a mill) is threading the handle itself.

Plenty has been posted on the Hide about all three options. Research and choose which you think you're capable of and get going.

found the knob i want...and was looking at threading the handle and using expoy to make it permenant. I just have a hard time looking on here for installation instructions. Am fairly new to the site but loving it so far. Am really not wanting to send it off, thanks for the GA post...those guys rock love the way rifles look.

looked at the other forum notes....that is well with in my expertice but i wasnt looking at that know..was looking at a bills bolt knob...i dont know if it comes with the insert or you have to thread your handle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know that i am probably gonna catch some shit for this but check about 3/4 the way down the page. Its a method.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=5&t=230395&page=2 </div></div>

I did this exact same thing on my own Remmy 700P. but insted of using JB weld all I did was thread the post on the Tac Ops knob adapter to a 8-32, the I tapped the bolt hole with the same 8-32. Then red loctite and tighten it down by putting a nut on the large threads (for the knob) and use a wrench. Then just screw on the knob. VERY easy to do and its very strong, my rifle fell out of my Wifes Tundra onto our driveway and landed on the boly knob. Didnt break or even bend. I cant see paying someone for it in my case, it was only a 20 minute job. Then again I also thought doing my own paddle mag release on my HK was easy too....

I installed my Badger knob myself. I found it to be a pretty easy mod.

P1010085.jpg

P1010086.jpg

P1010079.jpg

P1010078.jpg

looks great...how hard was it to put on...can you give some instructions on how you did it...thanks what kind of stock is that

I tried to order the Tac Ops bolt knob that the other guy recommended..and guess what the are out of stock every where that i looked....anyone else have any ideas....thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know that i am probably gonna catch some shit for this but check about 3/4 the way down the page. Its a method.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=5&t=230395&page=2 </div></div>

Great Read,liked it so much I built my own Tactical knob this morning,ground down the bolt and here she is. Sorry if the pics are bad.
IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg