• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta TT315P or Schmidt Bender PMII 3-20x50 Ultra Short

Rhed

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2018
I’m about to take the plunge.. It’s down to these two. Both have good features that I like. The toolless feature on the TT seems like a big plus too. S&B been around for awhile and has been proven. And I like the compact package in the US. The TT is only a inch longer though. I just don’t know which one to get. Help me out here. Thanks..

@Rhed both are great option as is the Kahles K318i 3.5-18, we'd be happy to discuss the pros and cons to each at 916-670-1103.
Does the K318 come in moa reticle/turrets? Yea I know I’m old school lol. Just that All my scopes are in moa so I’m just use to it. Thanks..

Reactions: Geno C.
I’m about to take the plunge.. It’s down to these two. Both have good features that I like. The toolless feature on the TT seems like a big plus too. S&B been around for awhile and has been proven. And I like the compact package in the US. The TT is only a inch longer though. I just don’t know which one to get. Help me out here. Thanks..

I'm not super impressed by S&B ultrashort series. I'd say go with TT, or Leupold MK5. Kahles always have QC issue with early scope and my friend has seen it personally, avoid it for some time.

I'm not super impressed by S&B ultrashort series. I'd say go with TT, or Leupold MK5. Kahles always have QC issue with early scope and my friend has seen it personally, avoid it for some time.

What Kahles scopes are you referring to, and have you seen any problems with the K318i?

What Kahles scopes are you referring to, and have you seen any problems with the K318i?

It was K318i, parallax locked up right out of box, very disappointed. Friend don't let friend buy early Kahles models.

What was about the US you was not impressed with? I’ve never seen or looked through a US. Ive only looked through and played with a 3-27 pmII. Thanks..

It was K318i, parallax locked up right out of box, very disappointed. Friend don't let friend buy early Kahles models.

That's disappointing to hear, we've sold quite a few K318i scopes and have not had any going back from repair afair. Previous to that, Kahles has evolved as a company overall since the release of the original K624i back in 2012.

What was about the US you was not impressed with? I’ve never seen or looked through a US. Ive only looked through and played with a 3-27 pmII. Thanks..
Eyebox and turrets. Wont go in much details as this is quite personal, but I do think it will be much safer to jump on TT.

Reactions: Rhed
I have a TT 3-15P (purchased from CSTactical) and a 5-20 Ultra short. I do not have experience with the 3-20 US. Personally, I like the TT a little more. The TT turrets are much better than anything I've ever used, and I've had a lot of scopes. Everything about the scope is very well thought out. The turrets are perfect, tension on all knobs is perfect, glass clarity is perfect. Only 1 reticle choice on the TT right now, so if you like the Gen2 XR, you are good to go. It's just a fantastic scope. I do like the 5-20 US quite a bit, but I would pick the TT between the two if I could only keep one. As far as the 3-20 US vs the 5-20 US, I would get the 5-20 just because it's much more compact than the 3-20, if that's something that matters to you.

I have a TT 3-15P (purchased from CSTactical) and a 5-20 Ultra short. I do not have experience with the 3-20 US. Personally, I like the TT a little more. The TT turrets are much better than anything I've ever used, and I've had a lot of scopes. Everything about the scope is very well thought out. The turrets are perfect, tension on all knobs is perfect, glass clarity is perfect. Only 1 reticle choice on the TT right now, so if you like the Gen2 XR, you are good to go. It's just a fantastic scope. I do like the 5-20 US quite a bit, but I would pick the TT between the two if I could only keep one. As far as the 3-20 US vs the 5-20 US, I would get the 5-20 just because it's much more compact than the 3-20, if that's something that matters to you.

Thanks for your input.

Reactions: CSTactical
Got the order in for TT315P through Richard of http://www.cstactical.com/. Service is top notch. Why didn’t I go with them in the first place is beyond me.lol.. Thanks for your help and patience to the cs tactical team. And thanks to all who replied to this thread for your thoughts and input. What a great forum.

CS Tactical is top notch when it comes to scopes. Price is great and huge amount of knowledge. Really quick to respond to questions.

Last edited:
I’m thinking of piggy backing a micro t1 on this scope. Mounted angle between the elevation and windage turrents. Do you have t1’s in stock?

Reactions: CSTactical
Got my track # from http://www.cstactical.com/ Tangent Theta 315P is on its way. Can’t wait.. It’s a blind buy for me. But im sure this scope will exceed my expectations. Working with cstsctical team has been tops. Will be my go to shopping for shooting accessories. Stay tuned for some pictures.. thanks all

Got my track # from http://www.cstactical.com/ Tangent Theta 315P is on its way. Can’t wait.. It’s a blind buy for me. But im sure this scope will exceed my expectations. Working with cstsctical team has been tops. Will be my go to shopping for shooting accessories. Stay tuned for some pictures.. thanks all

Thank you and have a great weekend, you have a fantastic scope heading to you! :cool:

D0823545-27A4-4F35-A667-9B132DC96CC5.jpeg C4C81E7F-81CC-403C-8ABA-F2E01E3CB1A6.jpeg 414853C4-6B4F-4048-9FC1-475E71550CAA.jpeg A36443E6-C45B-40BC-9896-337875B8D4BB.jpeg E51FFF33-4135-4962-92C0-FBB3E587906D.jpeg CC1A9D7D-78F9-43EF-9315-BE6507ED291E.jpeg 4B26D25B-27FC-4313-9CA4-1B82A98113BC.jpeg FF7461BE-C70B-4CF0-A149-0968BFF3045D.jpeg 0523AE8C-289B-4DA6-994C-D535415DBFE3.jpeg 942EC155-C3A2-42A0-99F0-DC9E99D09228.jpeg

Scope arrive today. That was fast.. exactly 1 week from putting the order in on the phone to http://www.cstactical.com/, then arriving to my door. That’s fast service. Especially package is traveling all the way to Honolulu. And check out that packaging. CS cuts no corners..
Opening the box, it’s nicely packed with air cushions too. Not a ding on the box. Good job CS Tac.
The TT box is as you can see is sealed. TT manufacture did a fine job to wrapping it up. They don’t mess around too.
Now for the scope... Friggin omg, it is just badass.. The quality build on this thing is tight and precise. It’s true about what the reviews out there with everything positive. The turrets? Best turrets that I’ve played with to date. Better then my atacr’s or the s&b’s I got to play around with IMO. The length of this scope is just right. More mid size, which is perfect since I’m mounting this beast on a new MR762. This scope is surely high end. I’m glad I went this route.
I’ll post more about it when I get it on the gasser and on to the range. Oh btw, the glass, let’s just say I only wish I could use this as a lens to go on my Canon EOS-1D X Mark II camera. You know what I mean? ?
Thanks to cs tactical team for you service and help.. ??

Last edited:
View attachment 6921181 View attachment 6921182 View attachment 6921183 View attachment 6921184 View attachment 6921185 View attachment 6921186 View attachment 6921187 View attachment 6921188 View attachment 6921189 View attachment 6921190

Scope arrive today. That was fast.. exactly 1 week from putting the order in on the phone to http://www.cstactical.com/, then arriving to my door. That’s fast service. Especially package is traveling all the way to Honolulu. And check out that packaging. CS cuts no corners..
Opening the box, it’s nicely packed with air cushions too. Not a ding on the box. Good job CS Tac.
The TT box is as you can see is sealed. TT manufacture did a fine job to wrapping it up. They don’t mess around too.
Now for the scope... Friggin omg, it is just badass.. The quality build on this thing is tight and precise. It’s true about what the reviews out there with everything positive. The turrets? Best turrets that I’ve played with to date. Better then my atacr’s or the s&b’s I got to play around with IMO. The length of this scope is just right. More mid size, which is perfect since I’m mounting this beast on a new MR762. This scope is surely high end. I’m glad I went this route.
I’ll post more about it when I get it on the gasser and on to the range. Oh btw, the glass, let’s just say I only wish I could use this as a lens to go on my Canon EOS-1D X Mark II camera. You know what I mean? ?
Thanks to cs tactical team for you service and help.. ??

You're very welcome! Have fun with it and let us know your impressions after you use it :cool: