• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors TBAC Brake Question

Disciple

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
I recently purchased the Ultra 7 and am very pleased. As I consider using it with several rifles the cost of a $125- $150 brake to buy for each rifle is adding up. Is there a place to buy them for less than $125? I was told specifically NOT TO SWITCH BRAKES BETWEEN RIFLES, but install with Rocksett.
Appreciate any suggestions.

I recently purchased the Ultra 7 and am very pleased. As I consider using it with several rifles the cost of a $125- $150 brake to buy for each rifle is adding up. Is there a place to buy them for less than $125? I was told specifically NOT TO SWITCH BRAKES BETWEEN RIFLES, but install with Rocksett.
Appreciate any suggestions.
They cost what they cost. Best alternative is the Area419 system

Reactions: Jackomason
If your barrels are all the same thread, loctite the brake to the can and turn it into a direct thread.

Reactions: Shane C.
Thanks Shane, If I can switch that helps. Didn't know about non timed brake. I'll definitely do that. Love to be able to switch. Good to know. Thanks for the info.

I keep a set of flash hiders in my truck to use as direct thread inserts. I like the flash hiders cause they have wrench flats and are easy to get out of the can compared to a brake.

I've bought flash hiders for several of my CF rifles when there were no brake mounts available, and specifically for rifles that I may shoot w/o a can mounted. They won't create nearly as muzzle blast as a brake will...