• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The AR15 Picture Thread

Here’s mine in her current configuration.

Attachments

• 5FF03C97-EDE3-4977-96B6-688DAC227E4A.jpeg
    5FF03C97-EDE3-4977-96B6-688DAC227E4A.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 527FD6E2-417D-4360-9AF7-A6E8F729A756.jpeg
    527FD6E2-417D-4360-9AF7-A6E8F729A756.jpeg
    324.1 KB · Views: 223
  • CAD6DDCB-8784-483D-AD3C-EF42449EC054.jpeg
    CAD6DDCB-8784-483D-AD3C-EF42449EC054.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 216
@Lawless

I’ve seen PSA throw up those Sig red dots for stupid cheap. How do you like them (obviously besides having three). How do you personally compare them to an Aimpoint?

I can afford a Sig, can’t currently afford an Aimpoint, so I am running irons now.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBWalsh
That video is pretty freaking convincing... I’ll start to consider the optic now.

So much to buy, so little time...

Reactions: Lawless
My 233 long range trainer. Has been shooting 75 grain black hills like a dream

Ascend Armory matched receiver set
20" Wilson combat threaded and fluted barrel
Lantac Nickel Boron EBCG
Slr rifleworks handguard and titanium adjustable gas block
Triggertech adjustable trigger
Luth AR carbine butt stock
Jp industries silent captured spring
Dead Air muzzle brake with Sandman L
Eotech Vudu 3.5-18x50 ffp mil/mil scope
Zro Delta 34mm qd mount
Accutac SR5 bipod
Radian Raptor SD charging handle

Attachments

• 20181124_150620.jpg
    20181124_150620.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 179
My little review of the PSA 10.5 pistols:

I went out to my cousin’s farm and sighted in the pistols with Federal M193. I started at 20 yards to get on paper and then set everything up from the shooting bench at exactly 43 yards per my software’s MPBR in a 4” target size.

Close zero of 43 yards means it will shoot inside a 4” circle out to 260 yards or so assuming around 2650 MV. Now of course with the dot of this red dot optic being 2 MOA and having no magnification this is all “potential” in a perfect world with a perfect shot being executed. In the real world, after today, I feel very confident in the 3 pistols’ abitilities and my own as a 48 year old with 48 year old eyes to hit a man sized target as far as I can see well enough to make him out.

After getting them aprox 1.5” low on paper at 20 yards I moved back to the bench at 43 yards. After a few adjustments the magic started happening. These things will shoot y’all, they shoot well.

I was drawing 2.5” circles with a big magic marker and coloring them in as targets. This gave me a good solid dot to aim at with a little outside the red aiming point to verify being centered. I slowly worked with each of the 3 to get them printing well inside 2” and then adjusted the rear Iron sights to be cented on the dots and continued to shoot.

I lowered the power on the intensity to get a fine crisp red aiming point for the last few targets and was cowitnessing through the rear Magpul sights. I was VERY happy with the results of tight groups and no indication of wandering or even ammo inconsistency.

The last 3 shot group I shot, I really did everything possible to do my best. Remember this dot covers a good portion of the 2.5” target and dots are not made for precision aiming. These pistols still have the milspec triggers too as the CMCs have not arrived. I concentrated on breathing and squeezing perfectly and was rewarded with the pic below. This 3 shot group is on a 2.5” circle, I didnt measure it but it’s close and much much smaller than the dot covers at this distance.

I am so so happy with every aspect of these. They worked 100% with not one hiccup. They were no louder than the 16” ARs with A2 flash hiders I also brought and honestly these dammm thangs are scary tools out to anywhere I can see well enough to put a dot on something. The PWS CQB comps really make the blast go down range, it isn’t hype.

I aint bragging on my shooting, my old eyes even in my RX Costas are not like a young man’s. I am bragging on these builds as meeting EVERY criteria I desired. I won’t change a thing once the CMC triggers go in them.

The $9.99 36” bags arrived today and the 2 gray pistols are in the vehs in bags with 5 full Pmags each. I feel very good about them being in the vehs. The green one is beside my bed with 40 rnd Pmag in it and will be a great tool in the house or the yard. I am actually struggling to see why/what the role of the 16” ARs is now LOL, they do have 1-4x scopes and will do much more at distance but for general purpose....these pistols have my respect in spades.

Viva La PSA and Viva La Romeo 5!

2.5” circle from 43 yards benched on bags with Romeo 5 RDS

View attachment 6978968

My PSA build has stood toe to toe w/ my LMT and both Noveskes.

Triggers are in them now, CMC flat 3.5lb, I have them in every AR I own now (6).

Black Friday I got these 3 for 89.95 at PA.

View attachment 6978971View attachment 6978972
I’ll bite, I need one (or two). What’s the total ballpark build cost of something like this, assuming I wait for sales and all that? I saw the sale on optic for $200. Other than that I don’t know nuthin about gas gun pricing. I only own one and bought it used from the px as a precision rig.

One of a pair, Pre 1990 lower (welcome to the Constitution state), DD MK12 upper, XLR stock, JPS silent spring, Knight's Armament dual stage 3.5 lb trigger, Atlas bipod, cheap Primary Arms scope and equally cheap Burris mount (also have Steiner m536 sight)
dd1.JPG

dd2.JPG

Colt LE6920 5.56mm Magpul CTR stock with Larue RISR mount, Larue A-Peg grip, Radian Raptor LT charging handle, EOTECH OPMOD with XPS and G3 magnifier, Troy VTAC Delta Carbine rail, and SilencerCo ASR Flash hider/suppressor mount.
E559387E-FCAB-49C0-8F09-A8980CA2F2BB.jpeg

Aero Precision upper & lower with 15 inch keymod rail dipped in battle-worn coating

20 inch Wilson Combat Super Sniper threaded and fluted barrel with an armor tuff burnt bronze coating chambered in .223 Wylde

Silencerco ASR muzzle break and blast mitigator

Wilson Combat rifle length gas system

JP BCG with JP enhanced bolt

JP Silent Capture buffer assembly

JP rifle tube extension

JP pistol grip with finger grooves

Luth-AR MBA-1 buttstock

Radian Raptor Charging Handle

Geissle single stage precision M4 curved bow set at 3.5lbs with lower parts kit

Leupold VX-R Patrol 1.25x4x24 Firedot SPR reticle
9590EF71-F544-403E-B2C2-FD4D4D970E4B.jpeg

Last edited:
Here she is:
IMG_20181212_201459.jpg

Upper / Lower - Sig Sauer M400
Barrel - BCM SS410 / 18" / 1/8" / Twist Rifle Length Gas System
Gas Block- Seekins Precision Adjustable .750
Rail - SLR Rifleworks SOLO Lite / 16.5"
Rail Section - Ariska 3-Section Low Profile Picatinny / M-Lok
Charging Handle - Radian Raptor SD
Stock - Magpul UBR Gen 1
Trigger - CMC 2 Stage / 2&2lb
Buffer - JP Enterprises Silent Capture System / Standard Weight
Optic - SWFA SS 10x42MQ / 1/10 Mil
Optic Mount - Nightforce / 1.125" Unimount / 20MOA
BUIS - SOUFORCE Flip Up 45 Degree Offset
Muzzle Device - SilencerCo Flash Hider 556
Supressor - Omega 300 / .22 Cal End Cap
Bipod - B&T Industries BT46-LW17 PSR Atlas
Grip - Magpul MOE

Here it is in action at 943 yards.

Here she is:
View attachment 6988908
Upper / Lower - Sig Sauer M400
Barrel - BCM SS410 / 18" / 1/8" / Twist Rifle Length Gas System
Gas Block- Seekins Precision Adjustable .750
Rail - SLR Rifleworks SOLO Lite / 16.5"
Rail Section - Ariska 3-Section Low Profile Picatinny / M-Lok
Charging Handle - Radian Raptor SD
Stock - Magpul UBR Gen 1
Trigger - CMC 2 Stage / 2&2lb
Buffer - JP Enterprises Silent Capture System / Standard Weight
Optic - SWFA SS 10x42MQ / 1/10 Mil
Optic Mount - Nightforce / 1.125" Unimount / 20MOA
BUIS - SOUFORCE Flip Up 45 Degree Offset
Muzzle Device - SilencerCo Flash Hider 556
Supressor - Omega 300 / .22 Cal End Cap
Bipod - B&T Industries BT46-LW17 PSR Atlas
Grip - Magpul MOE

Here it is in action at 943 yards.

My weird sense of humor was activated, you made a pretty good vid. Keep it up. Need more info in the video regarding rifle used and which projectile but I’ll allow it....

Reactions: Mr. Z
My weird sense of humor was activated, you made a pretty good vid. Keep it up. Need more info in the video regarding rifle used and which projectile but I’ll allow it....

Hey thanks a lot. I appreciate it. That's a great idea. I'll put out a video this week outlining my rifle and all components. Check it out.

Pretty simple little rifle, 18” WOA parts build. Vortex 3-18 StrikeEagle, should be good to about 650-750 if I can do my part well enough. (That means I’ll be good to about 500 lol)
EE7E7DD2-BAAF-471E-A2EC-006B0FAC5973.jpeg

Reactions: jLorenzo

Posted a video on the components used and build of the rifle. The next planned video is precision loading and load development for this rifle, it'll cover projectiles and in-depth development. Let me know what you think!

Posted a video on the components used and build of the rifle. The next planned video is precision loading and load development for this rifle, it'll cover projectiles and in-depth development. Let me know what you think!
Good deal. When you post a vid, include a link because I (probably many more) do not sign into anything Google and can’t subscribe to YouTube channels.

Last edited:
Here is one of mine. WOA 1:8 barrel, geissele SSA-E trigger, ALG defense V3 handguard, standard rifle buffer with JP enhanced rifle spring, and a Vortex gen 1 Viper PST 2.5-10x32 in an aero mount.

Attachments

• 26ADCFF1-9CF7-4FB7-89DF-730ADCF8EEDD.jpeg
    26ADCFF1-9CF7-4FB7-89DF-730ADCF8EEDD.jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 268
  • ECA980AE-395D-4B09-82E3-E89BD2FFB3BE.jpeg
    ECA980AE-395D-4B09-82E3-E89BD2FFB3BE.jpeg
    609.7 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Good deal. When you post a vid, include a link because I (probably many more) do not sign into anything Google and can’t subscribe to YouTube channels.

When it warms up, some buddies and I are planning to hit the 1K range with ARs. Hope to be as consistent as you seem to be. I am a fan of the CMC flat trigger also, have 6 of them.

Hey will do, thanks for the tip. Let me know how it turns out! Its very satisfying.

New 12” Grendel build

Noreen billet receiver set
Odin 12” barrel
Odin bcg
MBT-2s
PSA handguard pirated off another upper
Ultra-5

Whenever it arrives the Steiner will be replaced with a Pulsar Trail

??

Attachments

• 00BC35B9-7105-47F2-A57C-54F3517BF980.jpeg
    00BC35B9-7105-47F2-A57C-54F3517BF980.jpeg