• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Think I found my load...

tacshooter223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2009
Destin, FL
Well. Started off with some zeroing with some old loads because I realized I was seating my rounds to deep. I chrono-ed the old loads at 2750 fps. Not thinking I started shooting the loads I was testing round robin. Didn't stop to look where they were going at first until after I shot one round of each load. They were going at around 3100. Needless to say they were hitting a little higher..I brought the next three down 3/4 of a minute. Took the last round of each back up to see how it went and only one group looked half decent. Looking at the whole target I was disappointed to say the least. Brought it back out for a second look and realized one group was .09 moa! That's the best group I've shot at 100 let alone 200 (the test was done at 200).

Now, can I do this "all day, if I do my part" hell no.. But I did load the rest of the 68 grainers with the same load and plan to shoot those again at 2 and 300 on sunday after the cmp shoot.

I was really excited about this and thought I'd share.

IMAG0061.jpg

2 shots in the top and 3 in the bottom. 5 round groups soon to come.

IMAG0062.jpg