• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This definitely sucks. Submarine lost.

Honestly, if i had that kind of money to waste, I'd go. Buy a spot to go into space, fuck yeah! Everyone gonna die sometime.

Yeah, but if I had that kind of money, fuck the Titanic, Fuck space, I'd have a LOT of Guns, well, a lot more.
You can't take stuff with you when it is your time. I believe your knowledge does.

You can't take stuff with you when it is your time. I believe your knowledge does.
Agreed. When I was younger I would have jumped at the chance to go into space.

It's not fear that would keep me here, though claustrophobia might. Its that now, I've seen enough, maybe too much, and you come to learn that 'in this physical world' its all kind of the same. Knowledge, yes but knowledge is only part of experience. Unless youve been a slug and sheeple, you find you've had enough experience of this world. I know, for enough of a fact to satisfy me, that there is life after this world, which will carry new, better, knowledge and experiences. So I spend some time pondering that kind of stuff, instead of seeking temporal pleasure.

Now its time to go blast some temporal holes in some temporal paper.

Reactions: Jscb1b
Opposite dynamics, but it reminds me of the Byford Dolphin decompression chamber accident. Those pictures were not pretty.

• Wow
Reactions: Maggot
I was guessing at the time, as the number of suiciders hadn't been released yet.

On a side note, no Davy Jones locker jokes?
lrc0z79wk1rz.jpg

I call BS on this one :)

That's as funny as a screen door on a submarine.
Sorry if that's too DEEP for you guys.
Someone had to deal the crushing blow.
I don't feel any pressure from my comments.
@n2ishun jokes are all wet.

I call BS on this one :)
Actually checks out.
Now, a submarine is basically a metal container filled with air, and there is just enough air in a submarine to exert the atmospheric pressure at sea level. If the submarine goes underwater, the amount of air within it does not change (unless there is a leak, of course), so the pressure within the sub remains the same. The pressure outside the sub, however, is determined by the depth. As a result, you have a tremendous difference in the pressure inside the sub (which pushes the walls of the sub outward), and the pressure outside it (which acts to crush it). If the difference is too much that the net pressure is too great for the walls of the sub to withstand, it collapses.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
It's being reported that some sort of sub surveillance plane has detected what they say is banging on the hull every 30 minutes. They say that a rescue ship capable of doing something will arrive in the area just as the air for the 5 people runs out. It would obviously take time for the rescue ship to locate and connect to the sub, so the question is, when do the 5 trapped men realize that it might be possible for only 1 or 2 to survive?

• Haha
Reactions: Jigstick
Just for a little perspective and some trivia realize this. In the book, "Senatorial Privilege: The Chappaquiddick Cover-Up," it was estimated that Mary Jo Kopechne could have been alive in the upside down car for several hours until the rising tide waters got over her head and she drowned. During that time "the Lion of the Senate" was back in Martha's Vineyard and asleep in his hotel room. He didn't attempt to call authorities.

My apologies for the thread drift. Now back to our regular scheduled programming.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the conversation inside that thing if they only lost propulsion?
Passenger: So what is the plan?
Driver: Ummm, there isn't one.
Passenger: Fuuuuuuck!!!!

Mom!!
We're all out of AA's.

Honey, you're just going to have to find something else to do.

But Mom, I'm remotely piloting a sub at the Titanic.

Too bad! Now shut down the game and go clean your room.

But,....

Edited to fix the fucking Auto-Incorrect.

Last edited:
Day three.... People are starting to get very very hungry and thirsty.
Rich people that have not missed a meal in a very long time.

They could eat each others assholes. Nothing better to do in their situation.

The damn thing is guided by a $30.00 controller. I wonder if they fought over whose turn it was to use it and broke it?

a25feab75058dddcd221e5b7466ef765543e6ce4bb5458eee9c86096778063e3_1.webp

• Haha
Reactions: acudaowner

The CEO is a former pilot, and mentioned applying 'aerospace technology " to his submersible. I might submit that a deep diving submersible is a far more unforgiving environment than an airplane, As for eschewing "50 y/o white guys because he wants a more innovative spirit, those old guys have BTDT with a lot of those "new ideas" and understand shortcomings and weaknesses. A fresh engineering grad NEEDS the guidance and wisdom of an older engineer for a number of years before they are useful. Companies and startups often have older advisors or consultants to fix or massage the young guns "new" ideas. Apparently the CEO canned one guy who wanted more safety backups and testing. I think he just didn't want any older engineers arguing with him.

Brings back my mention of torquing those 17 bolts in place that sealed the submersible. How many people really, really know how to properly use a torque wrench? We ran a class for workers at one company and most of the guys, many who had been there for years, were doing it wrong. Was the person who sealed them in trained? Or did they have a beam torque wrench, maybe out of calibration or never calibrated,,and gave the bolts an extra oomph, just to be sure they're "real good and tight". Was a torquing sequence followed? All kinds of little stuff that might not matter at 50, 000 feet, but at 3-400 atmospheres? Even simple stuff can make things go away when operating on the edge. If they're hearing banging, it wasn't an implosion, or significant leak, so now we're into electrical systems. Was there redundancy? Triple? Any automatic ballast actions if loss of control is detected? Dozens of ways to do this. No big red "uh-oh" button to launch an EPIRB and dump ballast? Any locator beacons?

Any old engineer would be asking these questions. Young innovative types? Not likely. They haven't lived through life lessons of things going wrong.

I hope they can save these guys, but outside of having a rescue plan already in place with checklists and relevant parties on board, well, let's hope for the best.

Fuck me, this thing looks like its made out of parts from Amazon and Alibaba, and the dofus selling these rides is actually proud of how many cheap of shelf parts not meant for the job they used. As for diversity hire being more inspirational, i don't think he could convince old professionals to ride this thing even if he tried really hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 101st and nikonNUT

Wow. Looking at all that outside wiring, can't believe that is safe.

NYPICHPDPICT000012909224.jpg

How was that thing tested? What kind of margins does it have? One of the articles said Boeing,NASA and U of Washington consulted on 5he project. 50 years ago, that would have been a stellar endorsement. Nowadays, not so sure. Just looking at all the crap hanging off that thing gives me the Willie's.
That's a deformed sperm cell is all...

Reactions: nikonNUT
If it did implode, you would think that noise would have been heard by at least one of the many .gov listening devices in the ocean.