• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft This is how you do range math Check it out

Great stuff thanks for putting this together. will be using for sure

i find this extremely confusing whats with <span style="font-weight: bold" >5</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">5</span>00 meters" x 9 = 45 drop the two 00 in 5<span style="font-weight: bold">00</span> and insert the 45 for 545yds <span style="font-weight>bold">5</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">5</span>00 meters" x 9 = 45 drop the two 00 in 5<span style="font-weight: bold">00</span> and insert the 45 for 545yds seeems like its in computer programmer code?
I did a quick find and replace to correct the code issues. Maybe John or a moderator can correct the original post

This is how you do range math Check it out.

There is 91.44 meters to every 100 yards. So if I wanted to do the math in my head its simple.

I take the 9 from the 91.44 as a constant.

I go 2 "200yds" x 9 = 18 move the last 0 in 100 to the end of the 18 and get 180meters

This is very close and will still get a hit on target. the difference between 90 and 91.44 is not much.

Here are some more yards to meter range math:

2 "200yds" x 9 = 18 move the last 0 in 200 to the end of 18 and get 180meters

3 "300yds" x 9 = 27 move the last 0 in 300 to the end of 27 and get 270meters

4 "400yds" x 9 = 36 move the last 0 in 400 to the end of 36 and get 360meters

5 "500yds" x 9 = 45 move the last 0 in 500 to the end of 45 and get 450meters

6 "600yds" x 9 = 54 move the last 0 in 600 to the end of 54 and get 540meters

So on it goes

going from meters to yards is the same game just a different direction.

What you do is go with the same 9 from the 91.44

I take the 2 "200meters" x 9 = 18 drop the two 00 in 200 and insert the 18 for 218yds

Now lets look at the same distances just in meters

3 "300 meters" x 9 = 27 drop the two 00 in 300 and insert the 27 for 327yds

4 "400 meters" x 9 = 36 drop the two 00 in 400 and insert the 36 for 436yds

5 "500 meters" x 9 = 45 drop the two 00 in 500 and insert the 45 for 545yds

6 "600 meters" x 9 = 54 drop the two 00 in 600 and insert the 54 for 654yds

Last edited:
Reactions: JHOFF
This is awesome thanks for the simple approach

You know what's even faster?

Just do everything in metres!

Call to arms to my US brothers - give up the Imperial system. You stopped being a colony a long time ago; de-colonize your maths too.

Come and join us in the 20th century already! :)

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
The OP's short cut doesn't work so easily when the distance is meters isn't a whole multiple of 100

Let's try it his way with 483 meters

483/9 = ? Who the fuck can do that in their head?

Here's a faster way

1 meter = 1.09 yards, round it to 1.1

556 meters = 556 + 55 = 611 yards

483 meter = 48 (10% of 483) + 83 + 400 = 531 yards

Close enough

Reactions: sandwarrior
The OP's short cut doesn't work so easily when the distance is meters isn't a whole multiple of 100

Let's try it his way with 483 meters

483/9 = ? Who the fuck can do that in their head?

Here's a faster way

1 meter = 1.09 yards, round it to 1.1

556 meters = 556 + 55 = 611 yards

483 meter = 48 (10% of 483) + 83 + 400 = 531 yards

Close enough
Agreed, much easier to go from yards to meters. Using the 1.1 formula is the easiest to do in your head.

Last edited:

Call to arms to my US brothers - give up the Imperial system. You stopped being a colony a long time ago; de-colonize your maths too.

When you got a whole nation that's built on miles, yards and feet, (over the course of a couple hundred years) the changeover is a little more difficult than just going to a system no one has a clue about.

It may be based on tens, but that don't mean the tens are relative to what we know.

When you got a whole nation that's built on miles, yards and feet, (over the course of a couple hundred years) the changeover is a little more difficult than just going to a system no one has a clue about.

It may be based on tens, but that don't mean the tens are relative to what we know.
I hear ya - we did it in Australia and New Zealand. Confusing as all get out for the first decade or so; then natural to the next generation.

I reckon it's worth changing the entire country's system if for nothing else than the sake of faster range and field math! :)

The more entrenched it is, the more cold turkey you make it go. A gradual approach never works.

I hear ya, but..........

metric.jpg

And before anyone thinks I can't count......Apollo 8 and 10 went to the moon, they just didn't land

Yeah, but imagine how much easier it would have been to build all that shit if you were using a base 10 system ...

:)

There was another country trying to get to the moon and they were using the metric system.

They didn't make it

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: sandwarrior
I hear ya - we did it in Australia and New Zealand. Confusing as all get out for the first decade or so; then natural to the next generation.

I reckon it's worth changing the entire country's system if for nothing else than the sake of faster range and field math! :)
So, how tall are you young man?