• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

This is like when first deciding between MOA & Mils

The only humane thing to do with a useless yap mutt like that.
Shoot it, twice.
Go on about life.
Never once seen a poodle worth a flying fuck in a hail storm.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and Yasherka
Well, I had erroneously thought before that mil was metric but it is not. It is just another angle of measurement but the math is different.

Minute of angle seems more intuitive to me because it reminds me of a clock dial. It also usually has finer or smaller adjustments since most scopes have one click equals .25 MOA. One click on a mil scope is .10 milliradians.

I have heard it said that mil makes for quicker target acquisition and it is easier to range, generally.

As opposed to MOA, which maybe busier in the reticle but more exact.

Regardless of the scope, people still refer to the rail in degrees of MOA cant.

I have not known many commie homo Biden voters (them taking it up the pooper is a given) that are much into rifles and scopes, but that could still be a true statement.

The only humane thing to do with a useless yap mutt like that.
Shoot it, twice.
Go on about life.
Never once seen a poodle worth a flying fuck in a hail storm.

Never seen a real poodle do work?

Their coat makes it a pain, but I've hunted over serveral that were excellent bird dogs.

Just that nobody uses them as pointers anymore.

Poodl, I don’t know about. Labradoodle is another story. Here’s mine after a days work.
IMG_0318.png

Gentlemen it's not February (designated mil vs moa month). If you need a refresher check out these threads.

Proof of why we are so tired of mil moa questions.

Edit: Jan 2024 update.
Updated with list put together by @TriggerJerk!
Original post had joelinux, alabusa, lcpiper, L2bravo threads.

Our recent discussions, in all their glory:

Jan 2024 kcode

May 2021 packfan

Feb 2021 chickon1

Jan 2021 thehorta

Mar 2020 Painjob38

Mar 2020 BJDelaporte
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/mils-at-100-meters.6994902/ (This one was epic)

June 2019 joelinux

June 2019 lcpiper

Jan 2019 L2bravo

Dec 2018 alabusa

Reactions: TriggerJerk!
That’s for really advanced snipery snipe snipers. I still have a couple stuck away somewhere that I don’t take out anymore because it intimidates those around me…
I made a dope card with both mil and moa come ups. And i giant sticker inside the scope cap saying 1 mil = 3.5 moa. (Slightly wrong, i know) but it does the job.

Reactions: lash
I made a dope card with both mil and moa come ups. And i giant sticker inside the scope cap saying 1 mil = 3.5 moa. (Slightly wrong, i know) but it does the job.
3.5 is what I used for years as well, as its close enough for Gov work.
The ability to operate in all three confuses those who can only operate/think in one. Especially if you get them off their home range where thinking is 90% of the task.

I have a perfectly fine 4x28 scope with a 1" tube, in fact it's very nice.
Only caveat, it's a Leupold M8 EER scope on my .44mag pistol.
The fact it's still in one piece is a testament to it's build after hundreds of my way too hot 300 grain xtp loads.

Well, I had erroneously thought before that mil was metric but it is not. It is just another angle of measurement but the math is different.

Minute of angle seems more intuitive to me because it reminds me of a clock dial. It also usually has finer or smaller adjustments since most scopes have one click equals .25 MOA. One click on a mil scope is .10 milliradians.

I have heard it said that mil makes for quicker target acquisition and it is easier to range, generally.

As opposed to MOA, which maybe busier in the reticle but more exact.

Regardless of the scope, people still refer to the rail in degrees of MOA cant.

I have not known many commie homo Biden voters (them taking it up the pooper is a given) that are much into rifles and scopes, but that could still be a true statement.
Mil is definitely metric

Derived units are defined as products of powers of the base units. Twenty two of the coherent derived units in the SI are given special names (such as newton, pascal, joule, coulomb, volt, ohm etc). Together with the seven base units they form the core of the set of SI units.
Since the base unit is Milli, (divisible by 10's 100's 1000's) it is by definition a metric base system.
The fact that it is dimensionless does not mean that it is not metric.

Reactions: Grim's Reapers
Derived units are defined as products of powers of the base units. Twenty two of the coherent derived units in the SI are given special names (such as newton, pascal, joule, coulomb, volt, ohm etc). Together with the seven base units they form the core of the set of SI units.
Since the base unit is Milli, (divisible by 10's 100's 1000's) it is by definition a metric base system.
The fact that it is dimensionless does not mean that it is not metric.
You want to get all weird about it, then MOA and IPHY are also metrics.

1715691167728.png

Well any system of measurement goes all to hell when you involve Space-Time. Relativistic speeds will shorten your ruler, either Standard or Metric, parallel to the direction of travel from a stationary observer's point of view. So everybody is wrong!

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws and lash
Well any system of measurement goes all to hell when you involve Space-Time. Relativistic speeds will shorten your ruler, either Standard or Metric, parallel to the direction of travel from a stationary observer's point of view. So everybody is wrong!
So at the speed of light there is no coriolis effect?

• Haha
Reactions: Grim's Reapers