• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tikka chassis recommendations

Delicatessen

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2017
Kansas
I have a 20" 260 rem CTR that shoots very well but I can't get to fit very well so I am starting to look for a chassis system in order of preference currently is:

1) cadex field competition or possibly lite comp for the metal mag well and folding.

2) MPA

3) Xlr carbon

4) possibly mdt ess but don't see much on that yet.

I have also been looking through krg and mcree. My preference is to have easy adjustments with little to no extra tools, mirage band would be nice but not required, and easy maintenance and removal/reinstallation. When my barrel goes down the road will switch to heavier barrel and may try out the tikka prefit barrel nut options. Any others I am missing or any comments on experience with those I am considering?

My W3 KRG is pretty heavy, keep that in mind when looking at different stocks. The good part is I can put it back into the tikka stock and hunt with it if I want.

I have mine in an XLR, but which you like is going to be largely based on personal preference and budget

Tagged, will like to hear some opinions too.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I run Mcree's and love them. I have been kicking the idea of getting one of the chassis from got x ring.

My 20" CTR likes its new home in the XLR Element. It is very comfortable and I have had no issues yet but I am only at 200 rounds with this set up.

IMG_2064.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 301
Mine sits in a Wombat Ordnance chassis. Looks exactly like an AIAT -same functionality. Cheaper. Other than purchasing and using the thier product I have no allegiance to the company. Left and right hand tikka CTRs in Wombat stocks are in the picture

Attachments

• photo54164.jpg
    photo54164.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 295
I have a MCree and love it. In fact going to put my 110FCP 338 in one soon.

Attachments

• photo52356.jpg
    photo52356.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 117
  • photo52357.jpg
    photo52357.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 127
  • photo52358.jpg
    photo52358.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 129
  • photo52359.jpg
    photo52359.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 132
  • photo52360.jpg
    photo52360.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 133
  • photo52361.jpg
    photo52361.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 134
  • photo52362.jpg
    photo52362.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 114
i have my 260 Tikka in a Cadex hybrid chassis. let me do you a favor if you go that route make sure you get the Field Competition from EuroOptic. that way you are not stuck using the tikka factory mags like me. in other words don't buy this one http://www.eurooptic.com/STKFT-T3M-RH-LA-HTB-Cadex-Cadex-Field-Tactical-Chassis-Hybri.aspx

i have a tikka in 223 in a KRG xray. both are awesome chassis. but neither are folders so its a task to clean the barrel on both.

i have my 260 Tikka in a Cadex hybrid chassis. let me do you a favor if you go that route make sure you get the Field Competition from EuroOptic. that way you are not stuck using the tikka factory mags like me. in other words don't buy this one [video]http://www.eurooptic.com/STKFT-T3M-RH-LA-HTB-Cadex-Cadex-Field-Tactical-Chassis-Hybri.aspx[/video]

i have a tikka in 223 in a KRG xray. both are awesome chassis. but neither are folders so its a task to clean the barrel on both.
I have a Tikka T3 in a KRG XRay but planning to buy either a Cadex Field Comp or a MPA BA, how do you compare the XRay with the Cadex? Seems to me the Cadex is a "better" chassis but IDK if it worth the price difference.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

For those with the cadex, I am not finding a lot of people that sell retrofit parts (butt stock if I get the prs one don't see much on the mag sleeves either to fit different mag type) are these available or theoretical.

the Cadex is a more expensive chassis, its made of a lighter material, gonna be easily stratchable etc. its personal preference really. i would like the rifle more if i had gotten to use AIC mags. which leads to Delicatessen question. NOONE from Cadex has ever responded about the magazine sleeves. i've asked several times and no one could answer me about them. i looked months back on the website it talks about them. but no price no information whatsoever

Would be nice to see a desert tech type chassis available for the tikka. Most bullpup type triggers I felt were pretty bad but the design of these chassis's look awesome.

I have the Cadex Field Comp with aics mags and it works great. I really like the fit and feel. I originally wanted the lite comp but found a deal on the field comp so I went that route to save some money and didn't think having the folding stock was that big of a deal.

I now do wish I had went the lite comp route cuz after getting the field comp, I wanted to use the center bipod rail with an Arca Swiss plate for tripod use but Cadex said since the field is not tapped as the lite is it won't support that use. That's my only gripe with it.

I have my Tikka in a KRG Xray chassis and it is very light for a chassis. Very solid and shoots awesome. Lot of bang for the buck ($) also.

the Cadex is a more expensive chassis, its made of a lighter material, gonna be easily stratchable etc. its personal preference really. i would like the rifle more if i had gotten to use AIC mags. which leads to Delicatessen question. NOONE from Cadex has ever responded about the magazine sleeves. i've asked several times and no one could answer me about them. i looked months back on the website it talks about them. but no price no information whatsoever

This is the first I've heard of this, please feel free to call me, I would be happy to explain. 514-821-7982, Thank You!

Could be mis paraphrasing but from what I could tell after searching and asking they are for long action variations in the aics mags only.

This is the first I've heard of this, please feel free to call me, I would be happy to explain. 514-821-7982, Thank You!

Could you answer (for everyone here) if the Cadex chassis for Tikka will work with AICS patterned .223 mags (Like Accurate Mag AICS mags with theire inserts)? That seemed to get talked around on Scout, with a solid answer never coming out...

Yeah, I am starting to lean towards the Xlr with the second stock...not quite sure if element of evolution

Any of the vendors here sell the xlrs? Just been googling so far but like support people that help where I can.

i have my 260 Tikka in a Cadex hybrid chassis. let me do you a favor if you go that route make sure you get the Field Competition from EuroOptic. that way you are not stuck using the tikka factory mags like me. in other words don't buy this one http://www.eurooptic.com/STKFT-T3M-RH-LA-HTB-Cadex-Cadex-Field-Tactical-Chassis-Hybri.aspx

Does that Cadex chassis you have use Tikka CTR factory mags or does it use regular Tikka Factory mags? I actually like the factory CTR mags and wouldn't mind getting a Cadex if it would use the Factory CTR mags.

The ctr mags are nice for oal but have a hard time finding them for less than $115. Going to try the arc magazine as they are longer oal and I load to 2.91

Shawn i worked with Patrice directly with my chassis I am surprised you both don't remember me.. I have the hybrid Tikka Chassis that is only compatible currently with the extended tikka magazines. how can i convert it to a AIC compatible magazine system?

I've been super pleased with my tikka in a KRG X-ray. Solid feel, easy recoil management, and I like the vertical grip. I don't clean all that often, so removing the cheek piece is no big deal to me. I like the polymer build as it gives a good grip and doesn't get unspeakably cold in the winter.

That said, the MPA seems to be leading the way for competition/barricade gaming accessories and if I was buying today, that'd probably be the winner. Lead time and all.

I have my CTR in a KRG Whiskey-3 and greatly enjoy it. The adjustments are nearly tool-less as well, only required to move the cheekpiece forward and back.

I've been impressed with my KRG xray. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not but it's been a great upgrade. I will eventually move to a manners because I do like stocks more but that xray is a lot of bang for the buck.

Hello Sir

Do you seriously think that we are following every post on Sniper's Hide? If you ever experience a problem with one of our products then there's one thing to do and it's to email us at [email protected] or [email protected] and you'll get the best customer service there is like all other customers: https://www.cadexdefence.com/support/customer-testimonials/

I recall one gentleman (not sure if it was you or not) that purchased couple months ago a chassis from Eurooptic for a Tikka rifle. The problem was that he owned a Tikka CTR rifle and the Eurooptic representative didn't mentioned to him (because he didn't know at that time) that the CTR model didn't feature a magazine spring like all other Tikka T3 models. In this case the gentleman had bought a chassis for TIKKA FACTORY MAGAZINES instead of the AICS MAGAZINES and Eurooptic were going to send him the Tikka mag spring at no charge so that they could fix this problem. Cadex and Eurooptic were on top of their game, I personally called the Canadian Tikka distributor to find where the problem came from and Europtic and Cadex found the problem and solution in about than 48 hours...

No that being said if you want to change your mind and use AICS MAGAZINES all you have to do is to get a new detachable base for AICS mags. You seem very disappointed so I don't understand why in the case you haven't tried to see if we could do something for you. I'm willing to help you as we care for our customers so contact me and I'm get you that detachable base if you'r telling me that it will make your day. As simple as this.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards

Patrice Picard
Senior Sales Manager
[email protected]
work: 450-348-6774
cell: 514-821-7983

Could you answer (for everyone here) if the Cadex chassis for Tikka will work with AICS patterned .223 mags (Like Accurate Mag AICS mags with theire inserts)? That seemed to get talked around on Scout, with a solid answer never coming out...

Hello Sir

Yes the Tikka T3 in 223 Rem would work with any Cadex chassis short action caliber AICS mag style. The only concern that you may have would be the Accurate-Mag feeding lips that may need some "shaving" in order to work. Let me explain. Accurate-Mag is using a plastic insert in their standard DSSF 3.055" AICS magazine. This insert goes up all the way to the magazine lips adding some thickness to the lips. This added thickness results in a lower sitting of the 223 Rem cartridge in the magazine compared to a standard 308 Win magazine. Since the magazine placement versus the lower receiver of the chassis is critical to have proper feeding of the cartridge it is needed to shave the plastic portion of the feeding lips in order for the 223 Rem cartridge to sit at pretty much the same height as the 308 Win cartridge. http://rs29.pbsrc.com/albums/c252/lepic2333/mag0037 vs mag0040 2.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Here at Cadex we take all the Accurate-Mag 00100-0037 magazine that we import and shave the lips on them to make sure that the customer do not have to struggle with this. So if you buy this magazine from Accurate-Mag then you'll have to do it yourself otherwise buy it from Cadex and it will be done already.

I hope that it answers your questions. Otherwise your no further from your answer than a phone call. 450-348-6774 or [email protected]

Thanks for choosing Cadex

Best regards

Does that Cadex chassis you have use Tikka CTR factory mags or does it use regular Tikka Factory mags? I actually like the factory CTR mags and wouldn't mind getting a Cadex if it would use the Factory CTR mags.

Hello Sir

At the price that the CTR mags retail you could have 2 AICS magazines so this is why the demand is mostly for this configuration. We have designed a detachable base capable to adapt the CTR magazines but for the moment we offer it only for some special military rifle configuration. We may decide to add this to our chassis line up shortly as it's a modular part as most of the Cadex chassis parts.

No you do not. The problem that you are experiencing is directly caused by the fact that you order the wrong chassis model for the magazine that you were planning to use. If a gentleman has a CTR and order a Cadex chassis for Tikka with AICS style magazine it will be a drop in fit and he won't struggle like you do. If Eurooptic would've sold you the right chassis or if you ordered the right chassis from day one you wouldn't experience the problem that you described.

No please contact me so that we could fix this for you once for all as it confuses everybody here.

Thanks 450-348-6774 or 514-821-7983

Looking forward to hear from you.

Shawn i worked with Patrice directly with my chassis I am surprised you both don't remember me.. I have the hybrid Tikka Chassis that is only compatible currently with the extended tikka magazines. how can i convert it to a AIC compatible magazine system?

My friend we sell couple thousands of chassis per year so it's impossible to recall everybody behind a forum nickname.

Call me and I'll fix you up with the right part at no charge.

Thanks

Patrice

Hello Sir

Yes the Tikka T3 in 223 Rem would work with any Cadex chassis short action caliber AICS mag style. The only concern that you may have would be the Accurate-Mag feeding lips that may need some "shaving" in order to work. Let me explain. Accurate-Mag is using a plastic insert in their standard DSSF 3.055" AICS magazine. This insert goes up all the way to the magazine lips adding some thickness to the lips. This added thickness results in a lower sitting of the 223 Rem cartridge in the magazine compared to a standard 308 Win magazine. Since the magazine placement versus the lower receiver of the chassis is critical to have proper feeding of the cartridge it is needed to shave the plastic portion of the feeding lips in order for the 223 Rem cartridge to sit at pretty much the same height as the 308 Win cartridge. http://rs29.pbsrc.com/albums/c252/lepic2333/mag0037 vs mag0040 2.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Here at Cadex we take all the Accurate-Mag 00100-0037 magazine that we import and shave the lips on them to make sure that the customer do not have to struggle with this. So if you buy this magazine from Accurate-Mag then you'll have to do it yourself otherwise buy it from Cadex and it will be done already.

I hope that it answers your questions. Otherwise your no further from your answer than a phone call. 450-348-6774 or [email protected]

Thanks for choosing Cadex

Best regards

Thank you for the detailed and informative answer. It is greatly appreciated! I have been eyeballing a Cadex chassis for a .223 based rifle for quite some time, and your response definitely allays my fears of not having it being able to be magazine fed.

Cheers.

Decided to go Xlr and put the difference into glass for now, might try cadex down the road when I build a custom long action.