• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Anyone know the size of a tikka bolt catch release retainer roll pin? or can measure one for me?
I can’t put my hands on my kit at this time, painting my shop… but I did purchase this kit from LRI…all the parts you need..My mistake!!! MOUNTAIN TACTICAL is where I ordered mine, looks like they are out of stock now… no surprise… you can get on there website and research dealers,,, one might have the full kit,,, if no luck… I will be able to access my kit tomorrow and get some measurements for you… best I can do,,, Charlie112

Last edited:
Reactions: Bbracken667
I can’t put my hands on my kit at this time, painting my shop… but I did purchase this kit from LRI…all the parts you need..My mistake!!! MOUNTAIN TACTICAL is where I ordered mine, looks like they are out of stock now… no surprise… you can get on there website and research dealers,,, one might have the full kit,,, if no luck… I will be able to access my kit tomorrow and get some measurements for you… best I can do,,, Charlie112
Thanks

BTW, the old, well used 22-250 T3 I bought arrived yesterday. When taking apart water dribbled out of the stock.... that is how some rifles are treated. Luckily there is hardly any rust except action screws.
edi

Started life as a Tac A1. Now all that remains is the action and trigger. :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_4593.jpeg
    IMG_4593.jpeg
    400.9 KB · Views: 68
Allways heard Tikka barrels are slow, having a hard time justifying that with my last test.
Had two boxes of .277 caliber 150gr ABLR sitting around and decided to test them with H1000 and fed 215 primers in 270 Win. They topped out at 2953fps in a 22" barrel in a tikka T3 lite.

The last five loaded slightly past mag length restrictions to avoid compression but only by .010-.015" showed no pressure signs in Black Hills brass AKA Winchester. At mag length i saw velocities around 2930fps easilily and feel that is the sweet spot. Anyone else played with this combo?
Seems like a great combo for everything from elk to hogs.
I have a new work up to test with 140 accubonds and 150 partitions to see what it will top out with but seems like overkill with most scenarios for my needs.
Still toying with the idea of rebarreling to a 6.5x55AI but not sure i can come close to the performance im seeing in this configuration.

Last edited:
Still toying with the idea of rebarreling to a 6.5x55AI but not sure i can come close to the performance im seeing in this configuration.
Buddy ran Berger 156 at 2950 from just a normal 6.5x55, of course, that's way over the red line, but except shortened brass and barrel life, everything was fine.
Can't remember barrel length, but I think it was 26" or 28".

Are any of you guys hanging suppressors on the end of factory length 7mm Mag sporter barrels?

My smith, who is big into PRS, says it’ll be too cantilevered/whippy and really hard to shoot well.
The sporter barrels are pretty thin at the end. Add to that you would have to remove additional material in order to create the thread. I would suggest you replace the barrel first.
For me, I plan on ordering a bull barrel when it is time to replace it and that one will be threaded.

I totally agree with your smith.

(I really intensely dislike auto correct. Sporter became shorter and additional became addition? LoL )

The sporter barrels are pretty thin at the end. Add to that you would have to remove additional material in order to create the thread. I would suggest you replace the barrel first.
For me, I plan on ordering a bull barrel when it is time to replace it and that one will be threaded.

(I really intensely dislike auto correct. Sporter became shorter and additional became addition? LoL )
Ive got an ultra 7 on my t3x lite stainless. Thunderbeast face mount cb brake. 9/16 thread and uses muzzle face for shoulder.
20220705_222415.jpg
20211010_082715.jpg

Last edited:
6.5 creed.

9/16 thread is good to 30 cal. Groove to thread root is over 0.100" wall thickness.
Thunderbeast does not recommend 1/2-28 on 6.5 or larger on centerfires.
SAAMI specifications

Are any of you guys hanging suppressors on the end of factory length 7mm Mag sporter barrels?

My smith, who is big into PRS, says it’ll be too cantilevered/whippy and really hard to shoot well.
It'll change your POI quite a bit, but doesn't seem to negatively effect accuracy as long as you tune your loads for it.
Pretty much everyone here run suppressors here, no matter the barrel, and most shoot better with than without, no matter barrel profile.

So you have no experience in this matter then, but are pontificating again

Thankfully we have people with real world experience adding to the conversation

I’ve had my 7mm-08 Tikka cut down to 17” and Fierce Fury 300 WSM to 21” both threaded to 9/16x24 with great results. Both done by LRI