• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka tac1 or Bergara bmp in 6.5 cr

klejeski

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2014
Lompoc. Ca
Am looking into these 2 rifles and beginning to practice shooting out to about 1000 yds I was set on the tikka until I read a post about the Bergara so thought I would try to learn a bit about them And now the debate is on when figure out added components and needed extras they pencil out pretty close in price. Brake, extra magazines etc. having no personal knowledge of either system I was hoping for a little help from some of you guys that have knowledge of these rifles

thanks for any input
Brian

Might be awhile before we start getting user feedback. Both are very new systems and are quite tough to get ahold of. I'm buying a new rifle here in the next few weeks (Happy Birthday to me) and I would really like user feedback on the Bergara. I have 100% confidence the Tikka rocks. The T3x CTR is a fantastic system and the Tac 21 is essentially an evolution of the CTR, imho. Buuuut, I could be wrong. I like the what I've seen on youtube about the begara so far.

Fingered the tikka this weekend. I would rather have a t3x ctr in an X-ray. Cheaper, and much lighter. Trigger on the new tikka is 2 stage though.

I have a CTR in 6.5 CM 24", awesome rifle. Probably will get a Tac A1 when they become available but it's gonna take a while.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sportsmans Warehouse has the 6.5 Tac A1 on the shelf here. All of them I have visited had them as well.

Sportsmans Warehouse has the 6.5 Tac A1 on the shelf here. All of them I have visited had them as well.
What a shame! I live in South Florida, there is no Sport Warehouse near me and is not available to buy online.

Thanks for the heads up @The King

Both are great rifles. The Tikka Tac A1 will coast ya about $400 more but you get a muzzle break and 2 extra magazines. I like that the Bergara BMP has a savage barrel nut and the receiver is based on the 700 footprint, so can use 700 scope bases and triggers. Both have smooth bolts but the Tikka has the 70 degree bolt throw advantage. Very hard choice.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Picked up a BMP in late April. Prime 6.5 creedmoor ammo with 130 grain HPBT is a sub-MOA performer in this rifle. Having great success with Hornady 143 ELD X reloads in Hornady brass. Testing a load today with promise using 130 TMKs and IMR 4451 powder. Picked up the BMP when all of the HMRs were back ordered, have not regretted the decision.

I know this post is several months old, but i have the bergara bmp. I love it. Still working on finding the best load, but so far hornady bthp 140 grn with varget powder is great. Even loads with different powders, the hornady 140 grn bthp still working better than the eld match, and berger hybrid.

I own a T3X TAC A1 and am very happy with it. Accurate. Smooth action.
Cons: 0 MOA factory rail and the stock hits the receiver once collapsed. Both are not deal breakers for me.

Both are great rifles according to friends that own them, this is such a great time to be a bolt gun shooter

How much do you like the Tikka trigger? Bergera will have more trigger options, but the Tikka trigger is a very good single action, especially with an aftermarket $10 spring

Both are great rifles according to friends that own them, this is such a great time to be a bolt gun shooter

How much do you like the Tikka trigger? Bergera will have more trigger options, but the Tikka trigger is a very good single action, especially with an aftermarket $10 spring

I didn't like it at first since I never owned a 2 stage trigger. Once I adjusted the trigger to my liking and had some range time under my belt....I changed my opinion.
I guess it boils down to personal preference.

Tikka trigger is reliable, but much fewer options to choose from if swapping out

True....limited options.
But the addage of "don't fix something that ain't broke" comes to mind. Once again it comes down to personal preference. Just my 2 cents.