• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

To Those With a Phoenix Bipod

1609687814028.jpeg

In a more serious vein... for F-class (FTR) I use a Phoenix Gen II with a Blake lowering kit. Generally I bring it to the line in my range bag, upside down. It sits on top of my rear bag, donuts, ammo box(es), cartridge block and collapsible pet food bowl / brass catcher. Works well enough for transport from the vehicle to the ready area, and from there to the firing line.

If you're trying to be more 'portable'... good luck. About the best I've managed is when I flew in for a match, and used my 5.11 day pack as a carry-on / range bag rather than try to empty out the range bag and squeeze it in my (already cramped) luggage. One of the large 12" 'twist ties' from Home Depot thru one of the molle straps on the pack, and then wrapped around one of the ski feet kept it 'on' the pack, though it bounced around a lot. About the only other option is to keep the bipod on the gun all the time, over your shoulder, etc. Which might start to suck, given the size/weight of some of those ELR guns...

Reactions: PRCdude
mine has a D ring on it..and I just clip it to the gold chains around my neck....works ok.

Reactions: Sig Marine
Have you gold plated it so it goes with the chains?

nah....I don't want it to blend with my Mr. T. Starter Kit.....I want it to stand out...so left it the original color.

I've been eyeballing that lowering kit though....for those thinking about buying a Phoenix...it isn't like other bipods....took me some getting used to.....can't load it....it just slides away...different approach....but man does it feel stable....and my groups shrank a good bit on 1000yd paper...so if I can just win one match....the price was worth it.

But even if I don't...I just like it.....feeling the weight....your brain tells you that the price is a bit high for what you get....but it works...and works well.

• Haha
Reactions: Sig Marine