• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tripod Setup

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
My setup is mainly used for night hunting coyotes with NV. I also use it for general shooting practice and probably some DMR matches. I currently have a pint sized GC bag that I literally just toss onto the head of my tripod as of right now. It works, but not ideal, obviously.

I am grabbing an Abel Table for it and plan on going with a direct mount to the PIG 0311 tripod. My idea is to attach a Modlite IR 850 light I have to the table as an IR spotlight. That way I don't have to aim my muzzle at everything with my laser and burn the laser battery. To have the Modlite move independently, I need a ball head or something for attachment to the light and table.

Anyone have ideas? The light is not heavy at all, so it doesn't have to be a heavy duty system.

I have mounted lights on my rifle and on my blind. I prefer mounting to the blind when there is a narrow shooting lane. I would think you could use a similar clamp on your tripod.

20200228_182842.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette