• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trouble shooting and load development scope

Jackpine_Savage

Private
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
Todd County, Minnesota
I'm thinking about picking up scope to have on hand for trouble shooting gun accuracy problems and for load development on guns that just have a red dot or low power scope.

Right now I'm looking at the Weaver 24x target scope.

Anyone else have a designated scope for this use? Any other suggestions in the under $400 price range?

Me too. I've been looking for a similar high value scope just to put in a spare ADM mount I have to throw on for development and shooting 100y + groups for fun. For me, this won't be the regular duty optic, just a QD pop on, bang away and pop off.

So far, I've been looking at the Weaver 24x and 36x. Also, the SS 16x and 20x. I'm setting my budget at $450 which would also include the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50. Kind of torn, but I'm thinking I'll go with the SS, as I'm accustomed to mils and it's nice to have that large amount of adjustment range.

Bushnells 4200 series 8-32x44 is great scope for this kind of stuff. Probably the nicest glass there is for a scope of that price in the industry as well. The parallax goes down to 10 meters which is handy for putting it on air rifles.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't know why I didn't think of the SS, I have their 5-20 on one rifle and like it.

Any ideas for a generic mounting system? Maybe Burris Signature rings and a QD riser?