• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Two Rules of Gunfighting

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    1. Always Bring a Gun
    2. Bring Enough Ammo

magazines ammo gunfighting.jpg

Just don't wanna get killed for lack of shooting back.

<iframe width="894" height="506" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you are not moving- get moving- no static shooting. Practice shooting while moving -
    Left to right
    Right to left
    Forwards and backwards
    Diagonal
    And definitely circles. Circle around the vehicle while engaging occupants

if you are not shooting-reload and check condition of weapon

cheating- does not exist in a fight for your life.

So tongue in cheek answer to a stupid picture makes a man a loser?

its a funny line.

but please enlighten me as to how it is wrong?

I know you are a smart guy @502Chevelle, with a lot of experience I dont have. Just curious why so serious in some silly stuff.

Reactions: Barneybdb
    My two rules:
    1. don't get shot or die
    2. make them die

if you adhere to my rules you will be better off.

Now I can't really tell, but it looks like he's got the foregrip with integrated bipod that pops out.... just behind a bipod.... hmmm.

Anyway, that bolt's gonna overheat and fail long before he gets to the second row of mags. Hope he's got another rifle handy!

Hey @powdahound76 my point is simply, if a gun fight starts, I really prefer to shoot first, and not give them the opportunity to shoot me first. Now this absolutely does not mean that I walk around pompous because I CC, I just hope that I have enough situational awareness during my everyday goings on that I can see stuff developing and be pro active in the situation. If someone is shooting at me, I consider myself behind the eight ball to start with. I also strongly agree with Decoy’s logic a couple posts above this one. I also strongly believe that “shit happens” and Murphy hunts me like a dog, so I may be returning fire someday, but that’s not how I would prefer it to go down.

Reactions: powdahound76
    Hey @powdahound76 my point is simply, if a gun fight starts, I really prefer to shoot first, and not give them the opportunity to shoot me first. Now this absolutely does not mean that I walk around pompous because I CC, I just hope that I have enough situational awareness during my everyday goings on that I can see stuff developing and be pro active in the situation. If someone is shooting at me, I consider myself behind the eight ball to start with. I also strongly agree with Decoy’s logic a couple posts above this one. I also strongly believe that “shit happens” and Murphy hunts me like a dog, so I may be returning fire someday, but that’s not how I would prefer it to go down.
    :) :) :) I agree your logic is sound but I still can't see with what you disagree with:)

I was replying to powdahound, as I did not realize that he was speaking my favorite language : sarcasm. He made a joke that I didn’t realize was a joke so I replied and disagreed with him, and he asked me to expound on my theories.

I was replying to powdahound, as I did not realize that he was speaking my favorite language : sarcasm. He made a joke that I didn’t realize was a joke so I replied and disagreed with him, and he asked me to expound on my theories.
    As 502 said, I think Powda's post was meant to imply that the investigating LEO would be told I was returning fire, regardless of the fact that mine was the only firearm discharged in order to negate a threat.

Its a funny joke. I heard it somewhere. I want to say a Clint Smith video or interview. Its been a long time.

And yes, the point of it is to be shooting first if warranted and not be under fire and trying to shoot.
    Or at least in my crazy brain.....

You are shooting back. Just before the other guy/gal starts......

I would not lie that I was shooting back.
    I can be sure if my piece comes out that I was in fear of my life or that of my loved ones, which is the burden where I live. You dont have to be shooting back.

I carried 6 mags plus one in the gun on my person. I carried a 3 day pack sized pack with another 15-20 loaded magazines, more medical, snacks and water.

I would get asked why I carried that bag everywhere and I always responded that I would not be killed for a lack of shooting back.