• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

V-Seven Hyperlight Magnesium Handguard

MontanaMan

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2007
Anyone used one that can comment on it's stiffness or lack thereof as it relates to deflection & POI changes.

I'd like to use on on a new, lightweight build & have used other V-7 stuff & it's been top shelf, but I've not been able to get any info on the magnesium handguards, either good or bad.

Thanks.

MM

I had to use a heat gun to slide the rail over the barrel nut. I wouldn’t say it was super hot, but warm, and it was still a snug fit.

I could foresee some zero shift with irons. A red dot or cantilever mount would fix the problem though.

It will be scoped with a mount that does not go onto the rail, might have BUIS, but likely not.

Thanks for the info.

MM

I’ve never used the V7, but I can recommend the SLR for a lightweight build. I prefer the barrel nut on the SLR because it doesn’t require timing. It allows you to torque the nut exactly to your preferred specification.

I’ve never used the V7, but I can recommend the SLR for a lightweight build. I prefer the barrel nut on the SLR because it doesn’t require timing. It allows you to torque the nut exactly to your preferred specification.

Yeah, I've used several SLR rails & they are very, very good, & probably my usual preference, but the V-7 is less than half the weight & I'm striving to get as low as I can, reasonably, hence the desire to use the V-7.

Yeah, I've used several SLR rails & they are very, very good, & probably my usual preference, but the V-7 is less than half the weight & I'm striving to get as low as I can, reasonably, hence the desire to use the V-7.

I’ve got one on my new build. Only 30 rds through it so far, and none at long distance but it is very nice and rigid. No apparent flex in it when you load it.

IMG_2077.jpg