• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Vortex rail mounted spare battery holder?

cuz

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2017
Is anyone using the Vortex spare battery holder on their rifle? If so, what do you think of it?

It seems a bit expensive at $14, especially since I'd need about 6 of them. I have multiple rifles with electronics that I don't want to store with batteries installed, but also don't want to forget the battery if I grab a rifle for a quick short notice range trip.

What other options are there to attach a spare CR2032 battery to your rifle?

Thanks,
-Cuz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems unusual that you would find the need for illumination so frequently...? Anyway, I have a small range bag that I take with me everytime I go to the range or field. It contains a kestral, binos, rangefinder, hearing protection, receiver flags, etc, virtually everything I might (and usually do) need for a shooting session. Included is a small vitamin container that secures all the batteries I might need (kestral, magnitospeed, scopes, electronic hearing protection, rangefinder, etc. It's a crap load of assorted batteries but it's always with me and has "saved me" grief on numerous occasions. You might consider something similiar, the less stuff on your rifle the better IMHO!