• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Range finder

I have one and am happy with it. It is rated to 1000, but my buddy managed to range out to 1200 with it. But if your going to reach out last 500-600 yards with it you need to hold it really steady. We used a tripod.

I just got one and I am not impressed. Has trouble ranging past 400 yds. Inconsistent numbers. Maybe I got a lemon. Sending in back to vortex for inspection. If I could purchase again, I would get a Bushnell or pony up for a Leica or similar.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Just bought a Leica CRF1000 from Eurooptic. Great deal at $429 and need to support the site sponsors. I just couldnt justify the 1600r mainly for the fact Im using it to hunt with and I dont plan on taking shots past 600yd.

I agree with Jake and Anna... Even tho I like my vortex, it is difficult to range with some times. I live in the NW where there is a lot of vegetation so reflective targets are few and far between. Further distances require a steadier hold, but I imagine it is that way with all rangefinders. Also, I should add this is my first ranger so take my advice with a grain of salt...

Same story here, I took it back after one hunt and just bit the bullet on a Leica.

I just got one and I am not impressed. Has trouble ranging past 400 yds. Inconsistent numbers. Maybe I got a lemon. Sending in back to vortex for inspection. If I could purchase again, I would get a Bushnell or pony up for a Leica or similar.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I have had mine for about 6 months now. For what i do its been great and accurate, farhest ranged to date is 960yds on a shed. Ive ranged deer at [MENTION=80736]500[/MENTION]yds and can accuratly get a yardage on a groundhog at 400yds.

For what i need it does great and i got it in a trade so i wasnt out any cash very happy with it.