• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor HD Gen II 3-18x 50mm vs Bushnell Elite Tactical ERS 3.5-21x 50mm

408s10

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2014
Hello guys I have narrowed my scope selection two these two scopes. The Vortex Razor HD Gen II 3-18x 50mm and the Bushnell Elite Tactical ERS 3.5-21x 50mm. The scopes basically have the same specs and the same features, zoom, etc. I have done research on Precision Rifle Blogs top scopes for completion. Both of the scopes prior models were on the list. I have looked at Nightforce and S&B's but for the money it seems these scopes should come close to those features. I plan on using this gun for 1000 yard matches with a custom built Remington .260 from Short Action Custom's on a Mcree Precision Stock. Please give me your opinions on the matter. Thanks !!

Tough to compare to a scope that's not even in the field yet. No one has a gen 2 razor that I've seen.

Question if you going to use for 1000 yard matches why not get the GEN 3 RAZOR in the 4.5x27x56?? From what I seen the price should be $2499 and you may get someone to do we beating price by 10%

I have thought about it not completely against it by any means just one more option to include...

I have the RAZOR 5X20 on my .308 and I like it a lot. I also have a S&B 5X25x56 on a 300 WINMAG I use for shooting 1000 yards. But as you know I could have gotten 2 Vortex for the cost of the S&B. I plan on going big for my next rifle (375 or 408) so I with be putting the Vortex 4.5x27 due to recoil and the fact the Vortex will repair any issues that may arise.

I have the RAZOR 5X20 on my .308 and I like it a lot. I also have a S&B 5X25x56 on a 300 WINMAG I use for shooting 1000 yards. But as you know I could have gotten 2 Vortex for the cost of the S&B. I plan on going big for my next rifle (375 or 408) so I with be putting the Vortex 4.5x27 due to recoil and the fact the Vortex will repair any issues that may arise.

All the major scope companies should fix it if it breaks do to recoil. If it has a lifetime warranty it will be covered and Vortex isn't the only company with a good warranty. JMO. Mike

Yes you are correct lepcur all the companies will repair their scopes, I should have been more clear. When dealing with S&B the wait time tends to be longer then Vortex for repairs. I had to send my RAZOR HD in due to some damage ( my fault) it was repaired and back to me in 6 days.

All the major scope companies should fix it if it breaks do to recoil. If it has a lifetime warranty it will be covered and Vortex isn't the only company with a good warranty. JMO. Mike

I believe he mentioned S&B-if a two year warranty is a "good warranty" then you are correct, from my point of view, it is one of the shortest warranties in the business, therefore; I is not a "good warranty".