• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Vortex razor or atacr. Which one?

1st or second Doesn't really matter. I will pretty much always be running on max power. Camera land has a deal if you buy a scope you get a 400 spotting scope for 10 bucks so I figure the razor ends up being about $500 cheaper in the long run.

Anybody else? is the glass comparible? Pros or Cons of each. I have not heard anything bad about either, I have quite a few nightforces and never had an issue but I do like the vortex reticles. Also both have tons of elevation travel for ELR if I can find the place to do it. Any input is appreciated.

might want to go SFP for the ELR setups. just thinking reticle size at distance with the weapons systems listed.

Anybody else? is the glass comparible? Pros or Cons of each. I have not heard anything bad about either, I have quite a few nightforces and never had an issue but I do like the vortex reticles. Also both have tons of elevation travel for ELR if I can find the place to do it. Any input is appreciated.

I've used both and the glass quality of the Nightforce is noticeably better. The Razor is a great scope that is feature rich. If I was buying based on glass quality I would got ATACR. If i needed a FFP for dynamic shooting, it would be the Razor.

might want to go SFP for the ELR setups. just thinking reticle size at distance with the weapons systems listed.

defuzer said:

That's what I was thinking as well

Thanks guys, that was also my main concern with the ffp of the razor. I have noticed a lot of people using the razor lately for the elr. The atacr was my first choice but was starting to notice the vortex being used more by the likes of dta during they're HTI testing and the recent over 2 mile shot at the Whittington center.

I have several NSX's, Leupolds, and a Vortex PST. The PST FFP seemed close to par with the Leupolds, but the NSX's are better. I just picked up the new NF ATACR with the MOAR reticle and there is a notable difference in the glass over the NF NSX. I really like the ATACR. I have never owned a Razor, although I have looked through them. I just like the MOA reticles better.

If you search, there is a really good write up on the NF ATACR from a very well respected guy in the ELR shooting arena.

I bought a Razor for my 338 laupa, shot it for a day. It seemed to me to not be as clear as my NF NSX 5.5-22x56. So I took it back and exchanged it for the NF ATACR 5-25x56 MOAR and I am much happier. The glass seams much more clear to me. Remember to buy the 34mm rings if you go NF. You can't go wrong with NF.

Bought an ATACR with MOAR reticle (on a custom 6.5 Creedmoor) and shot it for first time Wednesday. Wow. Now I know what all the fuss is about with NF scopes -- though I am hearing that the ATACR glass is an exception. I also shot for the first time the same day my first Swarovski Z5 5-25x52 (on a T3 in .223) and I must say its glass is just as good as the ATACR, but without the bells and whistles. Don't think I went wrong with either. My dilemma now is that I have $2,500 to $3,000 left to buy two more scopes and am having a time trying to decide -- probably another ATACR (on another custom 6.5 Creedmoor) and what's left on a lower end Vortex scope for my CZ527 in .223.