• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Rzr Gen III

anginaprinzmetal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2014
Any word on a new RZR Gen III big scope ? The current 4.5-27 x56 Gen II is a good serviceable scope for PRS and great for the money but it seems every other company is updating their product line. Wishlist: I'd like updated glass, 5-35 (at least 30), parallax down to 25 yds (for 22LR) and .2 mil on vertical stadia. Oh and for less than $2500. lol

CautiousRemarkableBonobo-max-1mb.gif

I asked them about it at SHOT this year and they said they are working on some new stuff for next year. I asked if would be additions or redesign for Gen II and additions was mentioned but no specifics. Also this was pre Kung Flu so things could be delayed. I would like to see something like a 7-35 and cut some weight out of them if possible. Meaningful weight, not just a couple of ounces. 2.8 pounds of scope adds up.

I got the standard answer at shot, "we can't comment"... lol
I don't care about the weight, I shoot PRS/NRL, the heavier the better but I understand...

If they do have something in the works it will be delayed. Asia just got pounded with COVID. If they are not still battling it, they were completely shut down for months. You really don't see this on the news but just my experience in dealing with manufacturers in the region.

Like everyone has said. A 35 power would be great.

If they do have something in the works it will be delayed. Asia just got pounded with COVID. If they are not still battling it, they were completely shut down for months. You really don't see this on the news but just my experience in dealing with manufacturers in the region.

Like everyone has said. A 35 power would be great.
Are 90 year olds over there building scopes? If not then Covid is no problem. If there are problems then it would come from government.

If the only Gen III change is getting rid of the L-tec zero system, I would sell and upgrade my Razors.

Reactions: Evolution 9
Are 90 year olds over there building scopes? If not then Covid is no problem. If there are problems then it would come from government.

If the only Gen III change is getting rid of the L-tec zero system, I would sell and upgrade my Razors.
You do understand the global supply of manufactured items is STILL severely impacted by the covid19 situation?

I had a Minox ZP5 next to a Gen II Rzr. We had targets at 1000, 1050, 1150 and 1250 yds. The difference in glass was fairly apparent. To me this is Vortex biggest drawback. I would take the scope as is, no question, if the glass was slightly better. The EBR7C is ok in my book, and the turrets and tracking are really really good.

A Razor Gen3 needs a EBR 7d reticle.
The same as 7c but with .2mil hashes on the vertical stadia. Don't know why they only have .5mil marks.

Tool less turrets and zero stop would be nice too.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
A Razor Gen3 needs a EBR 7d reticle.
The same as 7c but with .2mil hashes on the vertical stadia. Don't know why they only have .5mil marks.

Tool less turrets and zero stop would be nice too.
Yeah you would think that if there are .2’s on the horizontal that they would be on the vertical. I myself do not like .2mil hashes at all. When Vortex drops the Gen III big boys, I hope they realize that I am not the only one.

It definitely is interesting and exciting. Ive been patiently waiting for updates since I got the word it was in the works.

oh, you're one of those. Got it.

if Asia is being impacted by COVID 19 right now, somebody better tell the Asians. Transpacific shipments on ocean containers are booming. Huge spikes in rates because demand far outstrips supply. US demand is up and and goods are leaving major Asian ports at high levels.

I just got a razer gen 2 and I don't love the .5 hashes for holdovers. Kinda puts some guesswork into it. .1 mil can be a pretty big difference at long range.

There's a lot of competition at the top. I don't think there's a need to add a bunch of improvements to compete with them.

More reticles, 15 mils per rev, and maybe a larger tube with more adjustment. That might make it very popular in the ELR sports. Oh and what if they made it black?