• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Here’s a question for the hive: What spare Vudoo parts do you keep on hand in case something breaks? Or replace as part of periodic maintenance?
Honestly, for me, nothing. I have an easy 10,000 rounds through mine. Only issue I've ever had was after taking the bolt apart to clean, I didn't time the firing pin properly and was having light primer strikes. All I needed to do was take the bolt apart again and time the firing pin properly.

I've not heard of anyone keeping spares or needing to replace a part. I'd be interested in hearing what other's have to say though.

Reactions: ECK
And clearly no issue zeroing at 50 yards? That's interesting. I thought 60 MOA was pushing the limits.

And yes, it's shooting very nicely thus far.

I zeroed the rifle at 25y, no problem. Previously the scope and mount were on my custom shop 10/22 that had a 30moa rail for 60moa total so I checked the math beforehand.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I zeroed the rifle at 25y, no problem. Previously the scope and mount were on my custom shop 10/22 that had a 30moa rail for 60moa total so I checked the math beforehand.
You should consider yourself lucky as the Strike Eagle 5-25 is only listed to have 110 MOA of elevation or 31 mils. 70 MOA of cant should not work but it is for you.

Here’s a question for the hive: What spare Vudoo parts do you keep on hand in case something breaks? Or replace as part of periodic maintenance?

First this is the Hide and not the Hive. The Hive was a site started by an egotistical jack ass and died quickly. lol

And no spare parts kept on hand or replaced. My Gen 1 is over 6 years old now and still going strong. My Gen 2 is only a year and a half and the same.

You should consider yourself lucky as the Strike Eagle 5-25 is only listed to have 110 MOA of elevation or 31 mils. 70 MOA of cant should not work but it is for you.

Well when you start introducing facts into the conversation...

It is actually surprising that it works, innit? The mount is a 30 moa adm recon sl. The ruger came with 30moa rail stock and that worked for sure. I dialed down before I swapped it and I had the room so I swapped it over and it works, but 110 moa is a lot different than 140moa...

I put just over 15,000 through my first Vudoo and only replaced the firing pin spring…started throwing odd flyers(not real bad but noticeable)around 9-10k replaced the FP spring and back to normal other than that no issues….FYI Vudoo sent me 2 springs free awesome CS and can’t wait to get my new rifle!

I purchased a Fire Control Repair Kit....... just to have on hand.

1 Kit-V22-Repeater-Fire-Control-Spares - Fire Control Repair Kit $70.00 1 ea $ 70.00
2 prt-1070os - V22 Extractor - Outside Hook v1.0 $0.00 1 ea $ 0.00
3 prt-1070is - V22 Extractor - Inside Pad v1.0 $0.00 1 ea $ 0.00
4 prt-1033c - V22 Firing Pin v2.0 (Standard) $0.00 1 ea $ 0.00
5 prt-1031 - V22 Extractor Spring $0.00 2 ea $ 0.00
6 prt-1030 - V22 Extractor Plunger Pin $0.00 2 ea $ 0.00
7 prt-1054-22 - V22 Firing Pin Spring - Standard, 22 lbs $0.00 1 ea $ 0.00

Hi folks, my vudoo 360 barreled action arrived recently and so far I've put a few hundred rounds through it. Planning on shooting around 1000 rounds and then sending it to the lapua facility to get ammo matched up.

The rifle is a factory vudoo with 22" bartlein MTU and a timney HIT. My stock hasn't come in yet, so I put it into my hunting rifle chassis for the time being. I tried to shoot cheaper ammo for the barrel seasoning, but the chamber is a bit too tight to easily load cci standard, etc, so I'll have to stick with SK rifle match. Optic is a vortex strike eagle with combined 70moa of cant.

Target is 10 shots at 50 yards on my first day of shooting it. Not bad!

View attachment 8280156

View attachment 8280157
Can't complain about that!!! (y)

Like Bowchamp I have the kit he mentions. 62k rounds through my 360 with no issues but since I live in a remote location and if anything were to need replacing I'd really miss shooting every day while I waited for parts.

First this is the Hide and not the Hive. The Hive was a site started by an egotistical jack ass and died quickly. lol

And no spare parts kept on hand or replaced. My Gen 1 is over 6 years old now and still going strong. My Gen 2 is only a year and a half and the same.
Hive as in bee hive, sometimes bc of all the buzzing. Not aware of the other “Hive”.

Reactions: BowChamp
Hive as in bee hive, sometimes bc of all the buzzing. Not aware of the other “Hive”.
Yeah I know the meaning and probably why he took it and used it but kind of a pet peeve.

Thanks for all the replies. The thot crossed my mind bc I just sold my CZ455, leaving me with just the Vudoo. Coming from USPSA, I carried a spare parts kit but sometimes it is easier to grab the backup gun.

I purchased a Fire Control Repair Kit....... just to have on hand.

1 Kit-V22-Repeater-Fire-Control-Spares - Fire Control Repair Kit $70.00 1 ea $ 70.00
2 prt-1070os - V22 Extractor - Outside Hook v1.0 $0.00 1 ea $ 0.00
3 prt-1070is - V22 Extractor - Inside Pad v1.0 $0.00 1 ea $ 0.00
4 prt-1033c - V22 Firing Pin v2.0 (Standard) $0.00 1 ea $ 0.00
5 prt-1031 - V22 Extractor Spring $0.00 2 ea $ 0.00
6 prt-1030 - V22 Extractor Plunger Pin $0.00 2 ea $ 0.00
7 prt-1054-22 - V22 Firing Pin Spring - Standard, 22 lbs $0.00 1 ea $ 0.00
I’m saving this parts list for the future. Appreciate it!

Does anyone happen to know if SK "magazine trainer" .22lr will chamber easily in the vudoo? I need some volume ammo and I can't find what I normally shoot...

Edit: never mind. I found SK Long Range Match in stock so I'll get that instead!

Last edited:
Where did you see SK Long range in stock I need another brick

@dscl is that the Bison Tactical Cheek Riser? I saw that recently and was curious about it. It seems like a cool idea for getting your cheek weld as fast as possible. How do you like it?
Really helps with consistent head placement for every shot. It takes some tweaking to get it setup properly for your cheek and comfortable but definitely worth it.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
I have their ACE MTU 22" and never complained about it as it was shooting great.
One of my rifles went back to VGW to get a 25" 1.2 profile barrel just because I wanted the balance and because I can't leave shit alone.
My other two have original barrels and will stay that way as they shoot great.

MCR is the way to go hearing from folks at my matches if you're considering going outside of VGW

Reactions: adubeau
I have the ACE MTU 22" barrel as well, and mine shoots straight. It was an Altus build on Vudoo 60 deg. barreled action. Extremely happy with my first .22 that actually shoots straight and almost never throws a flyer. This is honestly the first .22 I've ever owned that I completely trust and in matches if I miss I know that "I" missed rather than questioning if it was the rifle not impacting my aim point.

If it didn't shoot straight I would try another barrel, but it does, so I probably don't need to...ever.

Reactions: adubeau
How are Vudoo's barrels? are they good - only reason I ask is a few guys at the monthly NRL22 match have Vudoo's but 3rd party barrels

Vudoo offers a few brands of barrel and I have used the Ace and Bartleins and both shot great. I had my original 18" Kukri ACE on until earlier this year when I got it rebarreled with a 23" 1.2" Bartlein just for some weight.

I am sure people go elsewhere to try something possibly not offered by Vudoo but I highly doubt they will shoot better.

How are Vudoo's barrels? are they good - only reason I ask is a few guys at the monthly NRL22 match have Vudoo's but 3rd party barrels

Do you mean they get them re-barreled after getting their barreled actions? I'm assuming a large portion of the Vudoo community is running the barrel they got from Vudoo. Like @Rob01 said, they offer a few brands of barrels, but none of them are a "Vudoo Branded Barrel" as far as I know. I just ordered mine and picked a Bartlein barrel. As far as I know they don't brand of their barrels.

I just got the call from the Lapua Testing Center. I'll be making the pilgrimage there in a week.

On one hand I'm extremely giddy at the prospect of finding out which ammunition performs best in my Vudoo.

On the other hand, I'm apprehensive because it might be next to impossible to get that ammunition in any sizable quantities.

Discovering what ammo performs best in the rifle without being able to get any is like spending time with a hooker that only wants to cuddle.

I just got the call from the Lapua Testing Center. I'll be making the pilgrimage there in a week.

On one hand I'm extremely giddy at the prospect of finding out which ammunition performs best in my Vudoo.

On the other hand, I'm apprehensive because it might be next to impossible to get that ammunition in any sizable quantities.

Discovering what ammo performs best in the rifle without being able to get any is like spending time with a hooker that only wants to cuddle.

I could be wrong as I've never gone, but I've never heard anyone who's gone say they weren't able to buy a good chunk of the ammo/batch that performed bested in their rifle. I'd assume they wouldn't have you come all the way out there just to find an ammo/batch you couldn't get.

Reactions: Longshot231
Ace is the Vudoo house brand barrel.

ACE is based out of Washington State and a separate company. How is that their house brand? When I was ordering my rifle I asked about the Bartlein vs ACE barrels and they said they don't sell ACE anymore because they weren't shooting as well as the Bartlein.

Apparently, according to your latest info, Ace is no longer the Vudoo 'default' barrel but it was once. I don't know where they were getting those barrels.

Maybe I have misunderstood what you meant by 'Vudoo branded barrel'.

Apparently, according to your latest info, Ace is no longer the Vudoo 'default' barrel but it was once. I don't know where they were getting those barrels.

Maybe I have misunderstood what you meant by 'Vudoo branded barrel'.

I guess that's partially my fault. When @adubeau asked about Vudoo barrels I was just thinking of the number of people who mention the barrel blank manufacturer. So it might get confusing if you ask a person with a Vudoo what they have and they say something like "360 with a 22 inch straight Bartlein". If you're not super familiar with Vudoo you might think they didn't get their barrel from Vudoo. That's why I asked "Do you mean they get them re-barreled after getting their barreled actions?"

I just ordered a Vudoo 360 22" straight taper in a Matrix Pro by phone 2 weeks ago....they have a few ACE barrels at their shop but Bartlein is their go to now.

I have two Vudoos… one with an Ace barrel and one with a Bartlein. Both shoot .3 MOA at 50 yards with preferred ammo (and no wind).

They will let you buy ONE CASE (5000 rounds) of your selected ammo. And that selected lot number won’t be available anywhere else.

And then you’ll have to wait six months before you can go through the process again.

Reactions: Longshot231
ok... mag extensions for NRL22 what WORKS.
I have not used these…yet…but here’s some extensions

Reactions: USMC22
I have two Vudoos… one with an Ace barrel and one with a Bartlein. Both shoot .3 MOA at 50 yards with preferred ammo (and no wind).
That is similar to my experience. My bet is that if VGW is moving from the ACE as their stock barrel it's because near everybody wants an "upgrade" when they order. I guess for most, the Bartliens are considered a upgrade due to their notoriety. I will say that when I sent my 360 in for a rebarrel ( to a 26" Benchmark) in September, they were still touting ACE and Barlien as their go too barrels in the 22" and under range.. Perhaps they were just clearing inventory.

That is similar to my experience. My bet is that if VGW is moving from the ACE as their stock barrel it's because near everybody wants an "upgrade" when they order. I guess for most, the Bartliens are considered a upgrade due to their notoriety. I will say that when I sent my 360 in for a rebarrel ( to a 26" Benchmark) in September, they were still touting ACE and Barlien as their go too barrels in the 22" and under range.. Perhaps they were just clearing inventory.

Does your voice get deeper when you say “Bartlien?”

Last edited:
Yes, ACE was the "default" supplier of barrels for Vudoo, and I guess remains so. But as the top-tier rimfire market has grown - exploded - since Vudoo kicked open the door in 2017, customers have become more knowledgeable and want barrels from known top-shelf suppliers. My understanding is that ACE quality has deteriorated since the pandemic- most barrels shoot, some just won't.

I have a buddy who asked me whether to order an ACE or Bartlein barrel for his first Vudoo last summer. I opined that he should get a Bartlein if he was willing to wait (supply was tight for ALL the Bartlein contours), or go with the Ace if he wanted faster delivery. He went with Ace. Long story short, that bleeping thing wouldn't shoot for beans, and Vudoo made it right and Bartlein is now in the house.

As I posted earlier, I had Vudoo rebarrel my gen-1 Vudoo with a Bartlein (MTU profile cut to 22") to replace the original almost-20-inch ACE/Kukri. I chose that profile because I didn't have to wait months for the kool-kids-straight contour and I chose 22" instead of longer because it's been reported by Vudoo and other precision rimfire experts that 22" is as optimal for a "PRS-intended" repeater as it gets (and I had a 26" Shilen barrel on my RimX which bled off so much velocity that I had four inches cut off it; the experience left me, rightly or wrongly, hesitant to "go long").

Yes, ACE was the "default" supplier of barrels for Vudoo, and I guess remains so. But as the top-tier rimfire market has grown - exploded - since Vudoo kicked open the door in 2017, customers have become more knowledgeable and want barrels from known top-shelf suppliers. My understanding is that ACE quality has deteriorated since the pandemic- most barrels shoot, some just won't.

I have a buddy who asked me whether to order an ACE or Bartlein barrel for his first Vudoo last summer. I opined that he should get a Bartlein if he was willing to wait (supply was tight for ALL the Bartlein contours), or go with the Ace if he wanted faster delivery. He went with Ace. Long story short, that bleeping thing wouldn't shoot for beans, and Vudoo made it right and Bartlein is now in the house.

As I posted earlier, I had Vudoo rebarrel my gen-1 Vudoo with a Bartlein (MTU profile cut to 22") to replace the original almost-20-inch ACE/Kukri. I chose that profile because I didn't have to wait months for the kool-kids-straight contour and I chose 22" instead of longer because it's been reported by Vudoo and other precision rimfire experts that 22" is as optimal for a "PRS-intended" repeater as it gets (and I had a 26" Shilen barrel on my RimX which bled off so much velocity that I had four inches cut off it; the experience left me, rightly or wrongly, hesitant to "go long").
I ordered mine at 22” but have an email in to see if I can change to 24” to help with balance.

I ordered mine at 22” but have an email in to see if I can change to 24” to help with balance.
As I recall from my dealings with them 2 months back, You could only go to 22" in a MTU or Kukri taper in ACE or Bartlein . (That's the spec on those blanks as ordered. 23 (maybe 24) drove you to a 1.2" straight taper in the bartlein. Anything longer required the competition taper that could go out to 26" in Benchmark or (backordered) Shillen. I just ordered in a size range (24-26) and let them determine the best length by slugging particular blank.

Reactions: touge and LR1845
As I recall from my dealings with them 2 months back, You could only go to 22" in a MTU or Kukri taper in ACE or Bartlein . (That's the spec on those blanks as ordered. 23 (maybe 24) drove you to a 1.2" straight taper in the bartlein. Anything longer required the competition taper that could go out to 26" in Benchmark or (backordered) Shillen. I just ordered in a size range (24-26) and let them determine the best length by slugging particular blank.
Do they actually slug the barrels for a pinch point? If yes did they tell you that or...?

Do they actually slug the barrels for a pinch point? If yes did they tell you that or...?
Yes, They will do it if asked. It's pretty common with longer barrels. ( I actually spoke to the gent who slugged mine, BTW) There is no charge for the service but you have to be flexible on finished barrel length.

Last edited:
Yes, They will do it if asked. It's pretty common with longer barrels. ( I actually spoke to the gent who slugged mine, BTW) There is no charger for the service but you have to be flexible on finished barrel length.

Thanks for the info I will be talking to them in a few hours about the changes....I also found a 1.2" Shilen 4 groove barrel I am going to see if I can send it to them to put on my rifle.

Yes, They will [slug barrel] if asked. It's pretty common with longer barrels. ( I actually spoke to the gent who slugged mine, BTW) There is no charger for the service but you have to be flexible on finished barrel length. [emphasis Downhill's]
Right. My original 2019 order was for a 20" Kukri. When my rifle arrived, I immediately saw the barrel was shorter - it measured 19 inches and change from breech face to muzzle. I called Jill about it; she explained that they started with a 20" blank and slugged that, cutting a little based on slugging. She offered to swap out the barrel if I was unhappy; I thanked her and said I didn't care - I just wanted to understand.

So when I ordered my Bartlein, I specified a min/max finished length of 22-24 inches.

Does anyone know how much to torque the screws for the scope base to the action?

Generally you want to torque them from 20-25 in-lbs. A lot of people use thread locker (Loctite) to make sure they don't back out. If you're using a thread locker like that I'd probably go lower like 15-20 in-lbs.

Typically rimfire are smaller action so you'll find some places that will say 10-15 in-lbs, but since the Vudoo is basically a centerfire action you'll run the normal torque specs. Sorry for the over explanation. Just like to add as much info as possible incase someone else comes across it later.