• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Magazine Load Assist

i dont want to be that guy, but thats not something i would ever think is needed, button removed or not.

its a 22lr mag. ive never had trouble loading with with or without the side button.

i would not pay to have another peice of junk/kit like that laying around i have to keep track of.

now, loading Colt SMG and mp5 mags? yeah, lula loader helps a lot. especially when you get to your 20th mag reload and you cant feel your thumbs anymore.

i dont want to be that guy, but thats not something i would ever think is needed, button removed or not.

its a 22lr mag. ive never had trouble loading with with or without the side button.

i would not pay to have another peice of junk/kit like that laying around i have to keep track of.

now, loading Colt SMG and mp5 mags? yeah, lula loader helps a lot. especially when you get to your 20th mag reload and you cant feel your thumbs anymore.
More hoping it’d prevent the rim lock

I had issues during matches with Vudoo magazines. Just about every stage. I switched to the Dope Precision followers and have had no issues since. I may be completely screwing myself by responding but it literally was an issue and then wasn’t. I did add the small piece of Velcro that some have recommended. That keeps the front/rear movement of the mag to a minimum when loading into a barricade. I also run a gray ops barricade stop.

I had issues during matches with Vudoo magazines. Just about every stage. I switched to the Dope Precision followers and have had no issues since. I may be completely screwing myself by responding but it literally was an issue and then wasn’t. I did add the small piece of Velcro that some have recommended. That keeps the front/rear movement of the mag to a minimum when loading into a barricade. I also run a gray ops barricade stop.

l3i mags solved a lot of shitty voodoo mag issues

There was a guy on my match squad this past weekend who timed out on first two stages because of feeding issues with his Vudoo. I asked him how he was loading his magazines. Puzzled, he said he just pushed down the side button and dropped in the cartridges.

Sigh. Exactly opposite of what Paul recommends in the Vudoo video. I told the guy to use the button to lower the follower just enough to slide the cartridge in - don't leave room to create a rimlock situation. When the mag is full, check to insure the bullets are staggered as shown in the photo*.

Following this process, I haven't had a misfeed in three or so years and thousands of rounds (gen-1 Vudoo V22 in MPA BA Comp chassis with adjustable magazine latch). To my knowledge, the gentleman in my squad had no more feeding problems that day either. Conversely, I can pretty much cause a misfeed by having two or more cartridges "incorrectly offset." Caveat: This process works for me, and apparently worked for my squadmate. No way I'd guarantee it works for everyone.

Is the Vudoo feed system fussy? Well yeah, compared to lesser rifles. How about compared to a RimX? Pfft. The most common RimX misfeed I experience is with a RimX 5-round extension in place with the standard spring... cartridges seem more prone to go nose up as the bolt closes, the rim doesn't go under the extractor, bolt pushes round into chamber which then has to be dug out with a fingernail stronger than mine or some kind of tool I see a lot of RimX guys stick to the side of their rifle.
----
* This is a now-discontinued 15-round magazine. The 10-round mags don't show the staggered offset as clearly, but it's easily visible if one looks.
IMG_3105 2.jpeg

Reactions: Williwaw
There was a guy on my match squad this past weekend who timed out on first two stages because of feeding issues with his Vudoo. I asked him how he was loading his magazines. Puzzled, he said he just pushed down the side button and dropped in the cartridges.

Sigh. Exactly opposite of what Paul recommends in the Vudoo video. I told the guy to use the button to lower the follower just enough to slide the cartridge in - don't leave room to create a rimlock situation. When the mag is full, check to insure the bullets are staggered as shown in the photo*.

Following this process, I haven't had a misfeed in three or so years and thousands of rounds (gen-1 Vudoo V22 in MPA BA Comp chassis with adjustable magazine latch). To my knowledge, the gentleman in my squad had no more feeding problems that day either. Conversely, I can pretty much cause a misfeed by having two or more cartridges "incorrectly offset." Caveat: This process works for me, and apparently worked for my squadmate. No way I'd guarantee it works for everyone.

Is the Vudoo feed system fussy? Well yeah, compared to lesser rifles. How about compared to a RimX? Pfft. The most common RimX misfeed I experience is with a RimX 5-round extension in place with the standard spring... cartridges seem more prone to go nose up as the bolt closes, the rim doesn't go under the extractor, bolt pushes round into chamber which then has to be dug out with a fingernail stronger than mine or some kind of tool I see a lot of RimX guys stick to the side of their rifle.
----
* This is a now-discontinued 15-round magazine. The 10-round mags don't show the staggered offset as clearly, but it's easily visible if one looks.
View attachment 8412928
Pretty much this.

I have 14 polymer mags and 1 (had a 15 rounder) metal 12 round mag. They're numbered and I run through them all evenly. It's extremely rare for me to have a misfeed but again, I load them just like above.

Reactions: Williwaw

anyone used one of these? Looking into mag extensions but removing the button seems like it's going to be a pain to load. Looking into options for that task.

I use something similar to load my Vudoo mags that have mag extensions on them. It makes it so easy to load compared to trying to jam them in. You can get a few in without the tool but then your fingers with bullet lube on them slip and it's hard to load the rest. This type of tool makes it easy to load. I have mine attached with a little J hook to my ammo bag.

That was your problem. Not the magazine/follower itself. It was the fit of the mag into the bottom metal and if any pressure was on the mag it can cause issues as you are shoving a little bullet into a little hole and it doesn't take much to get it out of line.

That was your problem. Not the magazine/follower itself. It was the fit of the mag into the bottom metal and if any pressure was on the mag it can cause issues as you are shoving a little bullet into a little hole and it doesn't take much to get it out of line.
I went through several adjustments and never could keep the mag from going back and forth. If you have any experience with the Elite chassis it’s a common problem. Same issue with a buddies. That issue is completely separate than rimlock. The new followers help prevent rim lock and have a better angle for loading into chamber.

I went through several adjustments and never could keep the mag from going back and forth. If you have any experience with the Elite chassis it’s a common problem. Same issue with a buddies. That issue is completely separate than rimlock. The new followers help prevent rim lock and have a better angle for loading into chamber.

No experience with Elite chassis but as you mention it's a chassis/bottom metal issue and not a mag issue as I mentioned. Some are made large and for centerfire and can cause issues with a rimfire. It's also the followers which are compensating for the mag not fitting right in the chassis. I had one Manners mini chassis which caused me issues with my Vudoo and I swapped to another I had and the same mags ran fine in it. A lot of people go right to blaming the mags when it's not them at all but the way they interface with the stock/chassis.

Rimlock is a different thing. I have only had it with Eley ammo in my Vudoo when not loaded carefully due to the bullet shape. With Lapua/SK I never worry about it and just jam the rounds into the mags and never a rimlock in almost 8 years and tens of thousands of rounds in my Vudoos.

If you take just a little care when loading the Vudoo mags, as described above, rimlock will not be an issue. Carry a back-up mag and quick change for those times shit happens. For me, in hindsight, rimlock was a negligible occurrence. But feed issues arising from contact with the magazine during a stage drove me bat-shit-crazy. Finally, when I got a barricade stop that completely shielded the mag from contact with the bag, all those issues just disappeared.

I use something similar to load my Vudoo mags that have mag extensions on them. It makes it so easy to load compared to trying to jam them in. You can get a few in without the tool but then your fingers with bullet lube on them slip and it's hard to load the rest. This type of tool makes it easy to load. I have mine attached with a little J hook to my ammo bag.
Yeah, I didn't think about loading magazines with extensions on them. I'm fortunate that my particular Vudoo reliably feeds from my two (discontinued) 15-round mags, which of course have buttons to depress the followers for all rounds loaded.

I can relate to the value of a tool to assist loading extension-equipped mags. I have just the one RimX mag with the RimX 5-round extension... it's a royal pita to get the last few rounds in, and the majority of misfeeds I experience with that rifle are with that magazine. Seems like Zermatt could do better for a $180 magazine...:rolleyes:

Reactions: mulish