• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

We can't call it a SA KNIFE any longer

image000000.jpeg

While I think removing the knife blade from a multitool would be a dumb move, the knife blades are the least used blades on my Swiss Army knives. If I had to point to a "most useful" implement, it would probably be the scissors. My SAK of choice is the Huntsman.

And, this is just more in a long line of click bait. They are not removing blades from knife models. They are designing new models without blades.

I get the point.

Reactions: lash
I read this article last month and had a good laugh.
I hear they are replacing the blade with a vaginal scratching device for when the soy boys get a little to much cheese on the taco 🤣🤣
The article I read stated that it would only affect the already neutered areas of the world meaning those of us that can still wipe our own ass or cross the street without assistance will still have permission to use sharp pointy things.

Last edited:
I have a couple of old, discontinued original Leatherman tools that I have taken apart, repaired and modified. Wish they still made those - that modular aspect (probably unintentional) was a real feature. They were simple but they worked and very straightforward.

Reactions: XLR308
It would make sense to create a product legal for each country they do business in. Huge mistake if they are not going to offer knives on US sold models.

The market will speak

I agree with others, I have moved on to Leatherman tools and Gerber tools YEARS ago, so much better than anything SA sells, so they were on their way out anyway in my opinion.

The last SA knife I own sits in a travel bag I have, I don't give a crap if it gets confiscated by security in an airport or otherwise. The only use it has had in years is to open wine on vacation :D

It might be easier to kill someone with the corkscrew rather than the shitty little knife blade anyway.

The market will speak
Usually, it does. Some people try to out-stubborn the market. Who knows, they could follow the example of A-B Imbev and double down on the thing that ticked off customers.

While I think removing the knife blade from a multitool would be a dumb move, the knife blades are the least used blades on my Swiss Army knives. If I had to point to a "most useful" implement,

Si, the blades are generally useless except for raising eyebrows at the baggage check. Even those tiny fold out scissors on the multitools are more useful than the blade.

Hence the little multitool attached to my keychains all have pliers and/or scissors but no blade and I carry a real blade separately.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Well, after watching the non-locking blade close on my Cousin's finger when we were kids (we both had one and were sharpening sticks), I can say that at least they weren't sharp to begin with. He required a small band-aid. 😄

They were cool to have as a kid. I had both a Leatherman and a Gerber during my time in, and those got occasional use.

Now I have a toolbox with me, so they are irrelevant.

Can't carry a knife Ina lot of cities/states? Good thing they don't see what I'm actually carrying.

Reactions: Ronws
I only have one left that I haven't given away to a nephew or friend stashed in one of my camping boxes.
It's handy enough for basic tasks but use a Leatherman or mostly a Gerber imitation of the Leatherman since every blade in it locks and the the pliers are spring loaded.

NC doesn’t consider a simple folding style knife as a weapon and is exempt from weapons carry laws. Every state good be this smart, and NC has plenty of stupid laws.

Those kind of bans already happening here too. Don’t get caught with a pocket knife in NYC, then again shouldn’t be a surprise there.
Why carry a knife there when a 6"screw driver, sharpened paint scraper, or automotive gasket scraper, will work just as good or better depending your target. Same as a sharpened signal mirror and a whole host of other shelf items most never consider. Any tool can be used as a weapon.
Feel good laws and most all security check points only stop/catch none thinkers. Someone that is intent on tasking out, will.

Why carry a knife there when a 6"screw driver, sharpened paint scraper, or automotive gasket scraper, will work just as good or better depending your target. Same as a sharpened signal mirror and a whole host of other shelf items most never consider. Any tool can be used as a weapon.
Feel good laws and most all security check points only stop/catch none thinkers. Someone that is intent on tasking out, will.
Your post for some reason reminds me of something @sihrmechanic said a few days back, and I am ad libbing a bit for the situation.
" I will come at you in a way that will make Bruce Lee look like Steven Hawking "
I have been laughing at that gem for a few days now.

Your post for some reason reminds me of something @sihrmechanic said a few days back, and I am ad libbing a bit for the situation.
" I will come at you in a way that will make Bruce Lee look like Steven Hawking "

Planned properly the task will be completed before most have a clue something actually transpired. Action is always faster than reaction, and most people have a lag time that is so long, its beyond funny.

Planned properly the task will be completed before most have a clue something actually transpired. Action is always faster than reaction, and most people have a lag time that is so long, its beyond funny.
Very true, my wife used to give me shit for things like refusing to sit somewhere I have my back to the entrance or the room that stopped long ago.
Still working on her situational awareness to everything when she's out in public, I think after another 30 years she will be there. 🤣🤣

Very true, my wife used to give me shit for things like refusing to sit somewhere I have my back to the entrance or the room that stopped long ago.
Still working on her situational awareness to everything when she's out in public, I think after another 30 years she will be there. 🤣🤣
Took me 5 years to get my late wife to stand up for herself when first married, then one day she turned it back on me. I quickly realized her days as a pushover, were past. For the next few weeks I spent many a sleepless night re-strategizing how to massage her into seeing my side of tools, guns, trucks ect. Sometimes we unknowingly create our own pit falls. :)

• Haha
A Swiss army knife is a pocket knife. A Leatherman is brick you can stuff in your pocket with a shit pair of pliers on it. 🤣🤣🤣

Swiss army knife is half useless without the pliers though. If I actually need a tool besides a knife it's generally the pliers or wire cutters.

I always say that everything is a weapon. It's easier to grab the pen out of my shirt pocket than the knife in my pocket if I am going to stick something in your neck.

Reactions: P-Squared
Took me 5 years to get my late wife to stand up for herself when first married, then one day she turned it back on me. I quickly realized her days as a pushover, were past. For the next few weeks I spent many a sleepless night re-strategizing how to massage her into seeing my side of tools, guns, trucks ect. Sometimes we unknowingly create our own pit falls. :)
I did the same, my wife's mom treated her like shit and kept telling her to put a stop to it.
I don't have to tell you who was the beta tester on that on.

I don't even have to pull a knife. My flatulence has the effect of, and smells worse than, mustard gas.

• Haha
If anyone had bothered to read anything other than the bullshit clickbait article in the first post, then they would realise that SAKs without blades is AN OPTION.

They are not removing blades from all their knives. Just making some without blades for sale in countries where there are restrictions on knives or to be airport or air travel friendly.

If anyone had bothered to read anything other than the bullshit clickbait article in the first post, then they would realise that SAKs without blades is AN OPTION.

They are not removing blades from all their knives. Just making some without blades for sale in countries where there are restrictions on knives or to be airport or air travel friendly.

It’s the Swiss, so…

I frequently carry a Leatherman multitool in my pocket or range bag, and worst of all, I am Swiss.

Yes, I have read the article, but still, it's a shame they will remove the blade for some markets. It makes absolutely no sense; as others have stated, half of the tool is useless anyway. Another great company that will crash to bottom because of poor management and political correctness.

I made an "emergency" kit for the kid and his wife, both are in their 20's. I am sure you have seen them if not here is an example:

I used this style for their tin.

It has some cash in it, one of those compressed towels and other bits and bobbles. With the credit card thingy they made, or made several different styles. The DiL works at a hospital so no weapons allowed, at least by the staff, the crazies she works with have showed up with a gun before tucked into his waist band....but the employees can't have a knife.

Hers has a "letter opener". It is the best I could do.

Just figured I would share the story.

I did carry a gerber for a while, but it is too big, and I really did not use anything past the knife so I down sized. The tools in it are just not good enough for the tools I needed when I needed a tool, plyers, screwdriver whatever. There is a large one in the truck....somewhere just incase, but I am not going to carry that big assed thing daily. I will daily a pocket knife, and have going back to high school. The art teacher showed me how to sharpen it using a stone. It was a very different time.

Reactions: eprom
Si, the blades are generally useless except for raising eyebrows at the baggage check. Even those tiny fold out scissors on the multitools are more useful than the blade.

Hence the little multitool attached to my keychains all have pliers and/or scissors but no blade and I carry a real blade separately.

For heavy duty cutting, I use disposable standard utility blades all day long. Especially the plated DeWALT blades that can chew through anything. Cut up a whole bunch of 8 feet tall used packing tubes into 2 feet sections for the baler with one blade yesterday before both sides were dulled to the point of changing.

For defense and clandestine EDC carry, Milwaukee Hardline 3.5" bearing assist opener, SOG, or Schrade. All honed razor sharp and kept that way.

By the way, countries wanting to ban knife carry? Ahahaha. Ahahahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
Give me a piece of plexiglas and a concrete slab and I'll give you a transparent blade capable of shaving hairs in a few minutes. Also, in the hands of people who really know how to use knives, SPIKES, not blades, are the most deadliest and efficient weapons of all time. Because in and out stabbing is an amateur move. Pros stick it in, and then start yanking and waving the handle around like a stick shift, scrambling everything inside. A 5-6" poniard shaft made from a piece of shelving spacer rod or any similar rod, or screwdriver, honed to a point at one end and given a crude flat plastic or wood T handle on the other end is easily concealable and disguisable inside a book, or a case for an IPAD or tablet.

Reactions: doubloon