• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WE DID IT!!! CLOSED BogeyBrownsBigButtSplitterFund

1J04

Lost Squirrel
Minuteman
  • Aug 7, 2011
    PNW WA
    So here we go. For those of you that would like to play, I've gotten the ok to proceed with a project I think will be fun as hell. We're a community of like minded people coming together to bestow upon one of our own a gift. Nothing more, nothing less. It's a gift for a man that has been there and done that. It's not because he's a Vet. Not because he's former LEO. DEFINITELY not a handout or a sympathy poor him thing either. It's because he is who he is and "We" can and have the ability to change lives for the better. So if you're interested in doing something for one of our own, read on.

Outta respect for the man I will tell you he is feeling very sheepish about this. I get that. Hell, who wouldn't be like 'wtf'. I see it as a fun project and a win win for all of us. We as a community can do this. We can come together and bless this man with a kickass log splitter he could really use and we get to feel good about doing it.

Lemme tell ya just a bit about who we're talking about. He's known as BogeyBrown on here. Most of us just call him our "Brother". Bogey was an Infantry Pit Sgt in the Marines, not his fault. :p He finished up his enlistment in 2001 and like most, needed something outta the norm with some action. He was in what we call BLEA, the Basic Law Enforcement Academy during 9/11 and when that happened he tried to get back into the War on Terror to no avail. The man wanted back in bad enough he keep seeking ways to serve in a capacity he was familiar with.

9 yrs later: Nine years later in 2010 (for you Army guys) he connived a way to get back to the action, but with a caveat or two. Bogey left the PD to go work Bomb Dogs for the Canadian Army, as a civilian. The man went thru the shit, on foot, with a dog, as a civilian, in the Panjwai District of Kandahar, LOOKING FOR BOMBS. Yes, many others have done some crazy duty and gone through literal hell. And as stated above, this isn't about what he's done, it's about who he is. Our Brother, and we're damn happy to have him.

I know a few people that have been around detonations. He's one of them. Got mad respect for these guys. The Canadians finished up Combat Ops, he moved up, then began training and supervising Bomb Dogs for another 3+ yrs.

This is really all about having some fun, hooking up a Brother, and putting our collective strength together because we can. Now on to the item.

The Splitter we're trying to get is Hella Stout and will tackle anything he can throw at it. In other words, it's a Dandy. 37 Ton Rugged Made Splitter.
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.ruggedmade.com\/media\/catalog\/product\/cache\/3\/image\/7313918932875fa582ed533344760b7f\/l\/o\/log_splitter_37_ton_horizontal_vertical_by_ruggedmade_-_3qleft_front_vert_-_lead_1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

It's on sale right now for $1,487.00. US ;) The cheapest shipping is $307.85 to Alabama. Not his fault either. :rolleyes: That comes to $1,794.85 without tax, which they shouldn't charge for an online purchase outta state? We'll see. So it looks like we're looking for $1,800.00 smackers to pull this gig off. I already have some coveted members standing by to toss Benjamin's this way and it's greatly appreciated. You guy's are awesome.

So to keep this simple this is my thought and suggestions are always welcome. I'll be keeping a running tally of donations by member and amount. This "Master" list will not be for public consumption, but the running Tali (lol) will of course be public and updated accordingly. If you want your name/handle and/or amount made public I'll post it up in the thread as it happens. It's up to you. What's also up to you is form of donation. I'll handle the carnage since it's my crazy idea. I'd like to keep it to MO's and PayPal, but if that's a deal breaker then cash, gold, first born, all good. Again, suggestions, thoughts, ideas, all welcome.

Don't forget to give our guy some shit. He so deserves it..............:p

I'll get it going and publicly say what I did in the "What's Your View II" thread. I'm in for a Benjamin.

8/23/2017 Total:
    $1146.90 :p

8/24/2017 Total: $1871.90

9/1/2017 UPDATE: The Paypal Acct has swelled to $1,321.90. We have $700 in Cash, Checks, n Money Orders sitting here waiting to go to the Bank so I can put it into "The Account". :p That means, for those AJ types:p;), we have $2,021.90 and we still have one more confirmed envelope on the way and an unknown pledge from an Elk Hunter who may or may not be in NM right now getting ready to drop an animal.

Gentlemen, I think we're ordering "Splitzilla" today. I'll get back to this and you shortly. ;)

Here is the current Breakdown.
    PAYPAL ACCT: 1321.90

9/2/17 UPDATE
    We're over the top. Wife is on her way to drop off the Deposit in the drop slot. We now stand at $2,171.90 :) I'm just trying to figure out why she's gotta take an overnight bag. :confused:

I have heard from all but one at this point informing me 'it's in the mail' since they're choosing not to utilize paypay, and I get that. This thing you guys are doing is AMAZING!!!!! I knew it. :cool:

The PayPal account: [email protected]

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand GO !!

PS: Speaking of caveats, there is one Tucker put in. He'll donate but the Splitter has to have either a sticker or stencil that reads "Not For Rectal Use". I agree to those terms......

PSS: And yes, you can obviously PM me for my dope. Had to say it. It's a full disclosure thing.

Last edited:
    This is gonna be easy.

fetch

Thats a beautiful sentient Larry. Im usually right there in helping a brother but right now funds are getting really tight.

Regardless, unless he needs one for a full time gig, it seems more logical to rent one. I did that last year from the group below and it was great. Split everything but some huge sweetgum (which I believe he has...but Nothing short of dynamite will split sweetgum.) The only thing to do with sweet gum it burn it on a brush pile..and burn it...and burn it...and burn it until its finally gone. $100 bucks should cover a couple days. On top of that if you buy it then you have to store it when youre done...again, unless youre using it professionally. Rented you jut take it back.

As to BB himself, Bless you brother, thanks.
    Sunbelt Rentals® Official Site - Construction Equipment Rental‎

Adwww.sunbeltrentals.com/Construction/Equipment‎
    Find a Local Store & Reserve Construction Equipment Online Today!
    Smartphone App · Nationwide Locations · No Sweat Guarantee · 24 Hour Customer Service
    Types: Electric Tools, Hydraulic Tools, Industrial Vehicles, Portable Lighting, Paint Sprayers, Trailers, Welding Equipment, Storage Containers, Traffic Safety Equipment, Hydraulic Pumps

Last edited:
    Thats a beautiful sentient Larry. Im usually right there in helping a brother but right now funds are getting really tight.

Regardless, unless he needs one for a full time gig, it seems more logical to rent one. I did that last year from the group below and it was great. Split everything but some huge sweetgum (which I believe he has...but Nothing short of dynamite will split sweetgum.) The only thing to do with sweet gum it burn it on a brush pile..and burn it...and burn it...and burn it until its finally gone. $100 bucks should cover a couple days.

As to BB himself, Bless you brother, thanks.
    [h=3]Sunbelt Rentals® Official Site - Construction Equipment Rental‎[/h]
    Adwww.sunbeltrentals.com/Construction/Equipment‎
    Find a Local Store & Reserve Construction Equipment Online Today!
    Smartphone App · Nationwide Locations · No Sweat Guarantee · 24 Hour Customer Service
    Types: Electric Tools, Hydraulic Tools, Industrial Vehicles, Portable Lighting, Paint Sprayers, Trailers, Welding Equipment, Storage Containers, Traffic Safety Equipment, Hydraulic Pumps

That's not a problem and I get what you're saying. This isn't gonna be for just "One" job. It's gonna get used as he see's fit and we're good with that. Let's Deforest Alabama. :p

oh my goodness mr tucker, you have class...
    i am in,
    mike cassleton and i meet him this weekend, maybe i could give him some po-boy ways that made us some money with firewood
    i swear he is going to say damn...

I am very happy you used Army math, the only math really. Now where the hell s the paypal address.

I fucked up right off the bat. GO NAVY. :eek: I'm in Jail and the address is at Residence. I'll get it out this early evening.

Whoa. The L train is sentient now? Will the miracles never cease?

Chalk that up to " I broke two fingers in 5 places the 3rd week of typing class." They dont always do what I tell them to.

I'm going to be "out and about" for a bit.
    I'll see what I can get done when I get back.
    I don't do paypal, as other may not I'm guessing there are other means.

R

How far down in AL is it? If this doesnt gain traction before it gets cold maybe someone who lives in AL or nearby, could just go split all the wood.

How far down in AL is it? If this doesnt gain traction before it gets cold maybe someone who lives in AL or nearby, could just go split all the wood.

We're buying Bogey a Splitter. It's getting shipped to the Mobile area. This IS gonna gain traction my friend. I got my toofers sunk into this now. Ain't letting go. I gotta lotta faith in our Hide Brothers.

We gotta barely used HIPOINT to auction off as well. Barely used since it never functioned properly new outta the box.:p

pix001118324.jpg

Whoa. The L train is sentient now? Will the miracles never cease?

We grafted in some more human DNA on top of his genetic Sasquatch construct. It seems to be working.

And I thought Jerry Lewis was Dead. The phones are ringing off the hook here at the "Due Drop Inn". An anonymous caller just pledged another "C" Note. Thx man. You're an awesome MoFo. ;)

Really. I guess youre sold on doing this, and I mean Bogey no bad, but for the price of gas and a motel room or whorehouse room Id drive down. I dont mean to go all 'Picklebunny' on ya but thats only a 'before breakfast' amount of splitting with an axe and maul.

Really. I guess youre sold on doing this, and I mean Bogey no bad, but for the price of gas and a motel room or whorehouse room Id drive down. I dont mean to go all 'Picklebunny' on ya but thats only a 'before breakfast' amount of splitting with an axe and maul.

We're Buying Bogey A 37 Ton Splitter. Capiche? :eek:

This just in folks. TheGerman has blessed the pot as well as Dewey7271. The Bell just keeps on ringing around the Ole Musky Ranch. I'll be getting the PayPal info (I know) out shortly and PM the guys that were looking for it. ArmyJerry is waiting as well for the PayPal and he's bald. Has nothing to do with anything other than HE'S COMPLETELY FUCKING BALD. :p

Edit: I'll Edit the new total soonest and we're now, due to TheGerman being a Google Master, buying off Amazon. Speaking of Amazons, I had one, twice. Banging Women over 6'3" is weird. It's like who's banging who? Just saying.:eek:

Not trying to Jinx us, but it's been asked, and rightfully so, what happens if we don't reach our goal. Money gets returned. :(

Last edited:
    We (and by we I mean sirhrmechanic) could make some #saveBogey patches

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"332","width":"785","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/StV17ob.jpg"}[/IMG2]

We grafted in some more human DNA on top of his genetic Sasquatch construct. It seems to be working.

I was completely expecting a HAL/Space Odyssey meme from you, but you took it in another direction. Nice work.

I was completely expecting a HAL/Space Odyssey meme from you, but you took it in another direction. Nice work.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/HJy7S3I.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Brother, 1J04 and I have had several heart to hearts about this. That beautifully weird man has got the bit firmly in his sexy mouth on this.

Bogey, if you were hungry, my check would be in the mail. I sent one out to a hungry person for $150 just the other day., and most of you should remember the thread I ran for the retired Army sniper who was in trouble. I mean no ill towards you, hell, you, and we all, deserve the best. Its just that to me, to spend all that money for a machine, that from what I have heard, is going to be used little (unless you plan on going into the firewood business, and I think that a hard living in Bama) is not the best use of energy. As I said, I (or you if you know what youre doing) could split that before breakfast to work up an appetite.with and axe and maul. The $=/- $1700 could go to feed a lot of hungry folks...homeless vets if you like.

Thats just my $00.02. If the OP doesnt like it ...he can just....not like it.:mad:

Other than be well, live long and prosper, and enjoy youre new splitter, thats all I have to say on it.:)

Maggot out.

Wow. Not so happy with the direction 'some' are trying to take this. But I get it. But stop. Really. Just stop.
    My Buddy in Utah (2ndAmendFan) just texted me because he gets it. I wish everyone could. It's not about the Splitter. It's not all about our Brother Bogey. It's about our Brotherhood as a whole. It's about what we can accomplish "IF WE CHOOSE". If you 'choose' not to participate fine. You wanna run with a crazy idea? Have at it. It's a thought on a whim that will meet fruition. Bogey, the coveted recipient, is our Brother and I thought as a "Brotherhood" we could possibly do something crazy as hell for him to prove a point. It's already proving more than that. Nobody is going to ruin this. Nobody. The man and I have had several chats regarding this and I'm adamant I want it to happen. Is he reluctant? Yep. Have I told him "we" got this? Yep. Is some of this helping the goal. Nope.

If we need to down scale we will. But that's really a last resort. I am more than prepared to rally my local Brothers for this. It's on, it's happening, and it's amazing. ;) Rationalize it anyway you want. It's a benevolent act among "Brothers". Period.

Now I gotta answer some PM's and Text's. JERRY LEWIS LIVES. :p

Bogey, if you were hungry, my check would be in the mail. I sent one out to a hungry person for $150 just the other day., and most of you should remember the thread I ran for the retired Army sniper who was in trouble. I mean no ill towards you, hell, you, and we all, deserve the best. Its just that to me, to spend all that money for a machine, that from what I have heard, is going to be used little (unless you plan on going into the firewood business, and I think that a hard living in Bama) is not the best use of energy. As I said, I (or you if you know what youre doing) could split that before breakfast to work up an appetite.with and axe and maul. The $=/- $1700 could go to feed a lot of hungry folks...homeless vets if you like.

Thats just my $00.02. If the OP doesnt like it ...he can just....not like it.:mad:

Other than be well, live long and prosper, and enjoy youre new splitter, thats all I have to say on it.:)

Maggot out.

Bro, this whole thing came about from a fairly long running thing in another thread. I begged 1j04 not to do it.

I am not, nor would I EVER, ask for ONE FUCKING THING from my brothers here on the Hide. And as for being hungry, etc There was a time when I couldn't afford to eat for the last 7-10 days of each month and was being kicked out of my apt. Not ONE motherfucker in my life, including my parents, had any idea that I was "in need". I've been eligible for a ton of govt benefits and didn't even use my GI Bill, much less pursue my disability.

As i alluded to, 1J and I had some deep personal talks about this and I had to eventually just trust the man to be the Deplorable that he is.

I'd written a bunch more, but just went back and deleted it. Maybe I am learning something in my old age.

Everyone thinking this trough, just remember, throwing a little into the pot is a silent STFU to our dear, dear friend and contributor here in he pit, MAGGOT. We Luv ya mags but this is America, plenty of giving to go around for many many different reasons, not all tied to empathy. Sometinmes its just a here man take this,,, not really giving more like forcing to receive, for no other reason than, just because.