• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Weaver Tacticals anyone?

exhogflyer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
Near Albany, NY, USA
I see these are listed on some sites but I've read nothing about them.Weaver generally is pretty nice glass just wondering if anyone knows more or has seen one?The 4-20 especially looks appealing....

Re: Weaver Tacticals anyone?

I have one of the older models. Its the 4.5x16. Its glass actually looks clearer ( in incliment weather (rain, fog, mist, etc.)) than my Nightforce.

Its a 1" tube with 1/8 clicks (I hate 1/8 clicks). Its also a FFP reticle. Its accuarate in milling, and errors in measurements are definately me, I do the same thing with the NF, but it tracks perfeclty and POA does not shift nor does my zero. There is plenty enough adjustment to get to 1000 yards with it on a 20 MOA rail. But I hate 1/8 clicks, I think its like 6 reveloutions to get to 1k.

I use it on a .223 now, and its a perfect varmint/hunting scope, and would be sufficent for some match shooting, though not my first choice.

I purchased mine from NatchezSS.com around 2002 when they were on clearence for $300. Best purchase I ever made on a midgrade optic.

Not sure about the brand new ones with the 30mm tube. My experiance with Weaver, including their customer service has been fatastic, so I would not hesitate if the price is right.

However, for that $300-$600 range, there are a couple other scopes that would be worth looking at, Falcon, Super Sniper variable (low magnification), Wotac, and a few others.

My .02.

Re: Weaver Tacticals anyone?

Been looking at them too. I think they are definately worth a try. The tube may be too short for a long action, but a rail should fix this.