• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Tonala "Numero 4" Anejo. Another older bottle from my stash, 4 yo before the Extra Anejo category of aged past 3 years was created.

IMG_20240506_212427_672.jpg

Louisville next week for me. 2 rounds of the PGA Championship and 2 days of bourbon tours/tastings/shopping. Cant wait
Quoting myself. Practice round of the PGA championship yesterday. Bourbon today. 4 tours/tastings lined up. A must if you’re in Louisville or Bardstown is a stop at Evergreen Liquors. 250 unicorns for sale by the ounce. Prices are very consumer friendly. Staff was outstanding as well

Interested. Who do you go through?
This time around was The Whisky World

the whisky world

You still have to shop around though. For reference, the walker blue cost $125.14. Not my favorite, but worth the price and it's a crowd pleaser. Here in NC, the price of that bottle is fixed at $249.95. I think that's the only bottle in that order I can purchase in NC without special ordering through the ABC.... I ordered on the 12th and it got here yesterday from the UK, including customs. No idea how that happened.

Fine drams is another one. The selection isn't nearly as good but they have great deals sometimes.

For really elusive, big $$$ bottles the whiskey exchange is pretty good. The shipping is insane though, so I'll only use them for bottles over $500 that are near impossible to find stateside or commanding absurd prices.

Reactions: stemikel and Ronws
I’m really not a fan of flavored booze, find them distasteful both metaphorically and on the palate to be honest, but my son and daughter-in-law turned me on to vanilla rum and coke a while back, and have to say, it’s pretty damn tasty.

i-grQ9LNP-4K.jpg

Reactions: Ronws
2012 and 2020 Blantons SFTB. Both 129.8 proof. Interesting comparison. Unfortunately, I think my 2012 bottle has had too much oxygen exposure in the 6 years or so it’s been open. Still have another 2012 unopened so should be interesting to see what that one is like in the future. I found them in a market that survived hurricane Irma on St. Maarten.

IMG_4656.jpeg

I’m really not a fan of flavored booze, find them distasteful both metaphorically and on the palate to be honest, but my son and daughter-in-law turned me on to vanilla rum and coke a while back, and have to say, it’s pretty damn tasty.

i-grQ9LNP-4K.jpg
Nothing wrong with that. Lemmy Kilmister (RIP) from Motorhead was always seen with his ever-present Jack Daniels black label and Coke, usually mixed over ice.

Damn! I forgot how much I like this drink…. I call it a new old fashioned:

2 parts good bourbon
1 part Praline liquor (instead of simple syrup)

- shake over ice and stir in a couple good dark cherries with some of the syrup in an ice-filled glass (didn’t have any of the big ice balls frozen).

- no oranges on hand so had to use orange bitters for the peel; did one w/Angostura, and the other with Stirrings brand. Both tasted about the same to me.

i-SSSTddx-X4.jpg

Reactions: db2000
Damn! I forgot how much I like this drink…. I call it a new old fashioned:

2 parts good bourbon
1 part Praline liquor (instead of simple syrup)

- shake over ice and stir in a couple good dark cherries with some of the syrup in an ice-filled glass (didn’t have any of the big ice balls frozen).

- no oranges on hand so had to use orange bitters for the peel; did one w/Angostura, and the other with Stirrings brand. Both tasted about the same to me.

i-SSSTddx-X4.jpg
Interesting!