• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What boots are these?

FatBoy

After 20 years, going anonymous..
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2001
TN
Anyone know what these boots are? They look a lot like old jungles but they have a leather rand and appear to have some padding.

IMG_4770.jpeg

They look green to me, with smooth leather but they may just be well worn and lighting. I see they make a set in Sage as well.

Anyone use these? Impressions as compared to something like Asolo Fugitives?

I have purchased two pair of these one for me and one for stepson:
But I wanted the gortex liner. Great boots, price has gone up $40 since I purchased but still a good deal. Vibram sole material lasts a good long time.
They were a cheaper replacement for my hunting boot for the last 25 years or so:

FYI if you want you can buy the same thing minus the toe and heal covers here...
:)

Last edited:
Just know that the USMC Rat HOTs (hot weather- no insulation) are super wide and roomy compared to the regular Rat models- because Danner foolishly didn't reduce the volume of the boot when they designed the HOT version- so they fit big and sloppy, even if you drop a half or full size.

My other Danners fit really well- hence my frustration with the crappy fit of the Rat Hots.

Reactions: Faronth and FatBoy
Just know that the USMC Rat HOTs (hot weather- no insulation) are super wide and roomy compared to the regular Rat models- because Danner foolishly didn't reduce the volume of the boot when they designed the HOT version- so they fit big and sloppy, even if you drop a half or full size.

My other Danners fit really well- hence my frustration with the crappy fit of the Rat Hots.
Hmm, I may need to look into these since I have an 8-1/2 F foot. It sux having to buy custom boots because nothing fits.

Bummer, only $150 difference from my Whites and Nicks custom boots, and out of stock in my size. I will keep it in the pocket as an alternative though.

Last edited: