• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What happened to the BEAST

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    I almost see no mention of the NF BEAST. What happened? Guess I’ll go google it now.... backwards, I know.

What happened to the B.E.A.S.T. is that Nightforce released the ATACR F1 line of scopes. Simplified mechanics, equal optics, lower price...

Not to mention a plethora of other scopes are on the market that get the job done for $1,000+ less than what the B.E.A.S.T. costs.

Just my opinion.

I'm a Night Force user but never understood the BEAST
    Out of friends I have that bought one, only one still uses it.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
    I understand the fine tic lever but never saw the need, just added complication to make the scope seem hi tech. I would love to have one don't get me wrong but I'd rather have an ATACR F1. With the Beast, For the money I would buy another scope and other stuff

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
    The lever on the turret never really caught on. It works well, but it seems that the consensus was that it was not worth the extra money over the more conventional and similarly excellent ATACR F1.

ILya

Reactions: Bender
    I'd like to pick one up in a TReMoR3 used if came accross one at a good discount, which i know makes no sense but have always thought the scope kinda unique. In fact my one friend that still uses a BEAST has the TReMorR3 reticle.

I've only seen one in person. A good friend of mine has one. Really good scope based on my limited experience with one.

What happened to the B.E.A.S.T. is that Nightforce released the ATACR F1 line of scopes. Simplified mechanics, equal optics, lower price...

Not to mention a plethora of other scopes are on the market that get the job done for $1,000+ less than what the B.E.A.S.T. costs.

Just my opinion.

Market forces!

I've only seen one in person. A good friend of mine has one. Really good scope based on my limited experience with one.
    Is he in Cheyenne? I would love to just look at one and finger it without having to buy it dinner.... lol this is why scopes are better than women. I’m some ways.... lol

I had one of the first BEAST with the MILR reticle when they first came out I paid $3,200 for it from Midway USA. I had it for over two years it is/was a great scope I just never got use too the .20 MIL adjustments then use the lever for the other .10. Luckily for me the price of them went to $3,977 I sold it for $3,100 with a SPUHR mount so I don't feel like I took to big a hit.

I think it is highly underrated. Depends on what you are using it for I suppose. I absolutely love the .2 mil adjustments. It makes it so much easy to know where you are and when making adjustments. Some don’t even use the .1 mil lever. I use it and have never had an issue.

Reactions: kansas
    Is he in Cheyenne? I would love to just look at one and finger it without having to buy it dinner.... lol this is why scopes are better than women. I’m some ways.... lol

Hi Bender, I'm the good friend ( I think). I have one of the first one's in the wild, I personally LOVE the .2 turrets. I never find myself using the lever at all. It is just a faster system and I love to Bracket targets so the concept works great for me. Also love that I can dial 1 mile with 0 moa built into the base or rings. I sold a S&B to buy it and I'm glad I did.

Reactions: Eric32 and Bender
    Hi Bender, I'm the good friend ( I think). I have one of the first one's in the wild, I personally LOVE the .2 turrets. I never find myself using the lever at all. It is just a faster system and I love to Bracket targets so the concept works great for me. Also love that I can dial 1 mile with 0 moa built into the base or rings. I sold a S&B to buy it and I'm glad I did.
    We need to get together on a Saturday at Otto some time, I know you guys do Sunday but I’m unavailable on Sundays. I would love to just look at the BEAST lol. Way more scope than I’ll need.