• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

20200204_072302.jpg
20200204_072302.jpg

I have been home the last two days, babysitting the insulation contractors.
Another home project crossed off the list.
I HATE crawl spaces, and I swear I'd sleep under there tonight with no concerns.

Day 1 -
Fiberglass itchy fucky shit removal
View attachment 7247322

Day 1-
Felt padded membrane and reinforced 12 MIL Poly Liner installation
View attachment 7247329

Day 2 -
2 inches high density closed cell spray foam applied. Foam board cut and fitted behind and around existing equipment where needed.
View attachment 7247341

View attachment 7247342

View attachment 7247345

View attachment 7247346

View attachment 7247347
So, in your part of the country, is that a short ceiling height basement, or a tall crawl space? Just curious.

Roughed out the corner upper for the reloading center last night.

P2120715.JPG

Still need to clean it up, trim and paint. Working with #2 twisty, wavy pine boards can try one's patience, but the price is right. Will finish the left and right shelves in the next few days, today is honey-do day.

Good day for honey-dos, tad bit chill today.

P2120719.JPG

Wouldn't be to bad if the wind wasn't howling from the NW. Windchill sitting at -40. Time for a bowl of homemade soup and a nap.

View attachment 7247855

Still need to clean it up, trim and paint. Working with #2 twisty, wavy pine boards can try one's patience, but the price is right. Will finish the left and right shelves in the next few days, today is honey-do day.

View attachment 7247856

Wouldn't be to bad if the wind wasn't howling from the NW. Windchill sitting at -40. Time for a bowl of homemade soup and a nap.
I would tell you to keep that up there, but forecast here is for its arrival in the middle of the night tonight. ?

Reactions: Nodakplowboy
Crossing the core of the jet stream yesterday afternoon. The wind speed is depicted above the arrow to show direction. It’s shown in knots which converts to 211 mph. Possibly the highest I’ve ever seen and I’ve been doing this for awhile ?
4B81133A-1791-435B-B914-F17CD56B7902.jpeg

View attachment 7247855

View attachment 7247856

F that. My slip ain't long or heavy enough?

E

Reactions: Nodakplowboy
Crossing the core of the jet stream yesterday afternoon. The wind speed is depicted above the arrow to show direction. It’s shown in knots which converts to 211 mph. Possibly the highest I’ve ever seen and I’ve been doing this for awhile ?
View attachment 7247977
I don’t know that I’ve ever seen 180+ I think my fastest was in the 150’s

Reactions: tnichols
I’m a little more channel 37 myself
I let my satellite radio lapse and pull all my music from Amazon now since I have Prime. The channels in the 30s were my stomping grounds when I had it though. Went for the shuffle method today and got what I got.

Reactions: Geno C.
IMG_20200213_190538863.jpgIMG_20200213_190805641.jpgIMG_20200213_190152724.jpg

PT&G. Tool fit well...very well. Might be a little soft though.

Going to verify dimensions of tool to the half thousands. See how roundness, diameter, perpendicularity and concentricity look.

Last edited: