• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which digital powder dispenser/scale?

Nomad Farrier

Nomad
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2009
NE Oregon
Ok guys I'm sick and tired of screwing with my beam scale and manual trickler. I'm going electronic but I want to know your experiences with different brands. I was shooting with some Benchrest guys the other day and they swore by Pact products. Judging by the way they were shooting the scale works well. Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Which digital powder dispenser/scale?

I'm pleased with my RCBS Chargemaster. I've been using it about 5 years I believe.

I picked up the RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 in the beginning of the year. Best investment I've made for the reloading bench in a while.

In all honesty, I have no experience with any of them other than the RCBS Chargemaster. Having said that, I cannot imagine how any of the others could be any better. I LOVE that damn thing! I rank it right up there with my Dillon 650 for best purchases for the reloading process. If you get one, you will be saying "why in the hell did I wait this long to get one?!?"

I've got a Lyman.....personally I wish I'd have bought the RCBS Chargemaster. It's accurate to 2/10 of a grain. What I do is run it out right under my desired charge, and trickle the rest on a balance beam scale. It may sound slow...but it's really not.