• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has CCI 250 primers??

strictlyRUM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2006
Redmond Oregon
I am going to finally be putting the final nails in my cheytac coffin and have everything but the primers? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Federals wont work will they? Its the 375 flavor and I have heard the CCIs are the only way to go. THanks

Jason

Re: Who has CCI 250 primers??

I have used federals? 215M primers they worked , I have a few 1000 of the CCI but cannot ship them there
if you lived close I would give you some
Bill

Thanks Bill. I have a hundred or so of each. I guess I will try them while I wait for someone to get them in.

Jason

hey I think that bi-mart over here in hillsboro and the forest grove one also has some last I went in there last week.

Thanks bud! Hey are we ever gonna do some shooting? Hopefully ill have this little girl together in the next three weeks. If you could give a fire sure on either one ill be up in a heartbeat. Could probably take you out for a beer as soon as this cold let's go of my head.

Jason

CCI 250 are just large rifle Magnums right?

I should have some. I'll give you a couple hundred Saturday to get you by.

Thanks Jason, but I think I am gonna be in Montana on Saturday. Gonna go meet with Glen and try and figure out what the future holds. Big things are in the works.

Jason

You suck!
smile.gif
Bring me back something cool!!

What do ya want? Long action, short action? Oh no you a surgeon guy now. Isn't that what I heard?

Jason

hey I will go and check there tomorrow for you.
I would like to pull the trigger on that thing a time or two . We been shooting some longrange, a couple hours south of me & a little W. down by you. A little W. of creswell. It got some spots you can stretch-out over 1500 yrd. & more for sure but the furthest I go is 1300 but I only doing 300wm for longer range over my .308
dude, it's just a month or two and the sage rats & rockchucks will waking-up. This build sounds a little big for that though. LOL

If you're over in SH, have one of the Thriftway guys give you my number and I could spare a couple hundred to get you by if you can't find any. Hopefully, they will get easier to come by pretty soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strictlyRUM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do ya want? Long action, short action? Oh no you a surgeon guy now. Isn't that what I heard?

</div></div>

I just wanted to be consistent....and the 591 makes that so easy.

All they had was a few-K of Win.Large Mag. Rifle.
Sounds like you had your heart set-on the CCI but I use both the Win. Mag. & CCI primers on my .300wm and they work real well.
I will most times use Winchester brand rifle 1st and then "If" the Primer pockets start to loosen a little I will use CCI, as they seem to be a little more snug when pressing them in the pocket on rifle brass.

If you want them just let me know. I picked-up 500 as I was passing by this morning but It's no biggie if you pass. I will throw them in 'my primer stash' for latter use.

If you make it to Salem anytime soon... Ole's Gun Shop had some as of today. 500 primers per customer max, which is what I got. (gathering components for 338 Edge build) Not sure exactly how many they have left.

Thank you so much guys for all the help. I will give ole a call. I have been told the cci are the only ones that will reliably light this much slow powder. I have some to get me thru load development, but wanted to get as many as I could from the same lot once I get to throwing lead at 2000. Just trying to keep things as consistant as I can. Thanks again. Softcock, Jason, rum, we will have to get together for some shooting soon. I will be posting some pics of this little girl as soon as she is together.

Jason

Does Ole still live out in Sodaville? If you run across some primers and have an opportunity to pick up some extras, I'd be happy to buy some from you. If I run across some, I'll buy all that I can and let you know. As for getting together to shoot, I'm available most of the time and won't turn down a chance to throw some lead.

I just picked some up from Cableas so they are starting to be on the shelves more now.