• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has experience with 100% suppressed ARs?

RyanScott

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2005
Houston
I’ve done a few, but SBR. Looking to do 16.5” rifle gas barrels with an Allen Engineering AE22. Rifle stock also. Going to use the Spikes gas block with integral taper. Anyone ever done anything like that?

I did an intermediate length gas system on a WOA 16in barrel with a .086 gas port hole. Used a Vltor A5 stock and an uktralite BCG from YM. Shoots soft as hell suppressed.

Which suppressor? Or rather, was it low or high backpressure?

When I did my 17” .093” with an M4S (thats 2” past the muzzle and just a blast baffle and end cap) I thought the port could stand to be a little smaller. The new can will be 4” longer so the port will probably be in the .08 range? But I’m unsure if I can’t go smaller... I have to use a specific gas block that isn’t adjustable also. Good news is I’ll have a rifle stock and buffer and those are real easy to adjust weights in.

I was using a SilencerCo Specwar 7.62 suppressor on a 556 with an SLR adjustable gas block. Shooting 77g match kings. Even with a light spring, light buffer, and ultralite BCG it felt slightly under gassed to me when shooting non suppressed

How was it with the block opened all the way? I won’t be using an adjustable block.

In general I’m leery of adding parts but in particular the gas blocks I’m using are specific to the OPS/AE silencers and aren’t available in adjustable form.

Reactions: Docsherm
In general I’m leery of adding parts but in particular the gas blocks I’m using are specific to the OPS/AE silencers and aren’t available in adjustable form.
I guess I'm confused here. Are you planning on using the tapered gas block in place of the 12th model collar?

Touché. My own post from another thread. He wanted a carbine though and I want an SPR. The LPR isn’t doing it for me. A DSR would be close.

I have 2 SBR's that have been suppressed for their lifetime.

These are both duty rifles that have been to a shitload of classes and countless rounds....just a little more cleaning...

both have nickel boron coated bolt carriers.

bench

I have a 16.5 rifle gas system that I run exclusively suppressed. It wears an Omega and the only real "trick" I think it has on it is a JP silent captured spring.