• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars who makes a decent stiletto?

Two Star General
Minuteman
  • Nov 17, 2011
    looking for a decent knife to carry in a suit, looking for a stiletto or dagger blade...most of what im finding is import garbage with Stainless blades.

preferably something in an Auto.....preferably something with Ivory/ bone/ horn handles (nothing "tactical").....not too picky on blade steel, just something that can hold an edge.

under $500 would be preferable.

looking for a decent knife to carry in a suit, looking for a stiletto or dagger blade...most of what im finding is import garbage with Stainless blades.

preferably something in an Auto.....preferably something with Ivory/ bone/ horn handles (nothing "tactical").....not too picky on blade steel, just something that can hold an edge.

The Pro-Tech "Don" is very nice and I would recommend it for any formal dinner party. It comes with a wide array of handle choices.

Microtech Combat Trodoon or Dirac Delta OTF's with dagger blades. Benchmade Infidel is another OTF with a dagger blade.

"Nothing 'tactical'"? This is Sniper's Hide, get with the program!

On a more serious note, here are some ideas from a quality retailer, with whom I have spent way to much coin. A few in your price range, most higher:

1619043544506.png

Reactions: camocorvette
    The Microtech is pretty slim profile and would be within budget; remove the glass breaker for tuxedo wear.

Would look best in a tux wearing P7 and matching pumps.
    IMG_9956 copy.JPG
    IMG_9964 copy.JPG
    IMG_8887.jpg
    IMG_8888.jpg

Stiletto? the left one is an Ek/Spartan that is fairly handy. For BBQ, I'd go with the middle from the Busse custom shop, or step into the wayback for the Gerber Mk II I bought back ~ 1978.

IMG_3878.JPG
    o?

16190499164745598204049785713484.jpg

I have a lightning otf, they are cheap but rugged. Also it doesnt hurt to give them away when someone gets a cool boner over them. I had a double sided one i gave away recently, this one has been tun thru the ringer for the last 5 years or so. Its my go to carry knife.

Listen, I've already got a custom suit on order....but the missus told me i couldn't wear a saber to our wedding, so I've settled on a PPK in a shoulder holster and stiletto......have the ppk and holster on order.....just need the blade
    Did she offer to let you pick her dress?

Guardian tactical recon. IMO a better knife than the microtech. FYI my hands are very large so it’s not a tiny knife. Wife hears that all the time lol.

2047995A-E146-444A-937E-7F93FB45D278.jpeg

Reactions: Texasflyer

We had a nasty old bastard (RM) show us some of the Fairbairn "Defendu" moves, and skills with a dagger.
    The guy was magic.Not same bloke in vid, but same skills and mentality.
    He was in his late 60's, but still a fucking menace with a dagger.
    Bless his nasty black heart.
    👍

Last edited:
    Reactions: diverdon