• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why is there no new 300 win mag brass to buy?

Nick Danger

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2020
Why is there no new 300 win mag brass to buy?

Attachments

• 1687017658932.jpeg
    1687017658932.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 81
Graf shows in-stock ...

After the "shortage" more small ammo manufacturer's came on the scene. They really don't manufacture any of the components. They buy components and "manufacture" ammo. Many do not even have a store front or sign hanging on the front of their operation. I think their strong suit is in the quality control they apply while putting components together. Good quality components + good QC = above average performing ammo. Yes, it cost a little bit more. No different than other products in our economy. An example is house paint and what you want to have as your finished product. When times get tough shoppers do a bit more research on their needs. The small manufacturer's have found a niche in this economy and environment. That is where many components are going. Manufacturer's would rather sell a pallet of brass to them than 50 rounds to you.

Reactions: Nick Danger
Winchester destroyed their reputation with red bag brass. Lapua sells out in second, usually. Peterson and ADG come in batches maybe twice a year, I think less.

I haven’t seen large rifle primers for sale in over a year. Small rifle are everywhere, albeit at 3x normal pricing. Maybe when LR primers are back we’ll see it, but we have steady trends in this hobby of chasing the next best thing in lue of training. If a guy can get a perceived 5% more performances out of the new hotness, he jumps in both feet.

Cloners are the exception, though they (we?) have our own insanity.

The rantings of someone who likely has heat exhaustion from working in a fucking chicken coop….

Last edited:
I may have a couple hundred laying around. Some have been loaded 1-2 times. And I’m almost positive a 100 or so have never been loaded. I sold the gun on a whim and just hung on to the brass. Message me if you’re interested

Edit: evidently I must have done something with the brass. All I can find is 99 pieces of never loaded Sig brass. Not sure who makes their brass for them.

Last edited:
Graf shows in-stock ...

Yep.

Graf's also has Lapua 300 Win Mag brass... And have had it for a week or two.

And PPU if someone needs to be a bit more budget conscious.

Mike

Here’s a good source for Lapua brass

Reactions: OkieMike