• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Will a Schmidt 5-20x50 Ultra Short DT27 fit in Spuhr 4001C?

brand692

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2009
Western NE
Will the old school SB 5-20x50 Ultra Shorts fit in Spuhr SP-4001C?

I'm struggling to find an answer.

Specifically, this scope

In this mount

Last edited:
Since that’s not the Ultra Short specific Spuhr mount, I’d guess no. 5-20x with pre-LPI illum do not fit most scope mounts because of the reduced distance between erector core and illum knob. Spuhr and ERA-TAC make versions specifically for that model. The non-illum models do not have that limitation, neither do the next Gen with LPI knob.

Since that’s not the Ultra Short specific Spuhr mount, I’d guess no. 5-20x with pre-LPI illum do not fit most scope mounts because of the reduced distance between erector core and illum knob. Spuhr and ERA-TAC make versions specifically for that model. The non-illum models do not have that limitation, neither do the next Gen with LPI

Since that’s not the Ultra Short specific Spuhr mount, I’d guess no. 5-20x with pre-LPI illum do not fit most scope mounts because of the reduced distance between erector core and illum knob. Spuhr and ERA-TAC make versions specifically for that model. The non-illum models do not have that limitation, neither do the next Gen with LPI knob.
Ya, I tend to agree with you I don't think it will either. And since the 4036 was discontinued, I think my onky option is rings.