• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB 224 Valkyrie aics mag

6brman

The 6mm man
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Hickory nc
I’m looking for a 224 Valkyrie AICS Mag or something someone has modified to try out in my new build. Let me know if u have something. Thanks guys!!

have you looked at the asc metal 15 round mags for 6.8 spc i have been using them for 224 val they were cheap enough for me think 14.00 each have not seen aics so cant comment on them. had to go through another site to get them still cheap enough to keep me happy. Not sure about posting links to other sales sites if its ok or not so i won't for now

Yeah I just seen one done with the primal rights 6br kit and bent the feedlips in till it worked. Just seeing if someone already has one or any other ideas.

Seeing that this conversation died out over 2 years ago I am wondering if there has been any developments on these magazines? I just finished a Valkyrie build and have one of these MDT mags. It works but could work better.

Seeing that this conversation died out over 2 years ago I am wondering if there has been any developments on these magazines? I just finished a Valkyrie build and have one of these MDT mags. It works but could work better.

Is this the magazine that you are referring to? My rifle is getting built now in 224V. I have a few of these magazines and left one with the gunsmith.

What could work better with the magazine? What are the shortcomings?

https://mdttac.com/us_en/mdt-polymer-magazines.html

I thought about doing this for the magazines but the polymer MDT magazine was more economical.

Yes the MDT is what I have and it mostly works great. Occasionally they hang up and don’t feed the next round. Easily fixed by touching the round or tapping the mag, but I want it to feed without manipulation.

So I’ve got to take mine out twice now and it seems to be getting better. May try smoothing out the feed lips with some fine sand paper and scotch brite.

I wouldn’t be opposed to modifying a metal version like that either. Was just hoping someone made a specific Valkyrie mag by now.

Reactions: Longshot231
FYI: I got the MDT magazine in 224 Valkyrie and used it in the KRG W-3 Chassis with an Origin action.

It was flawless. The only drawback is that it is only 8 rounds. However, I'll take the function over magazine capacity any day!

Midway had them but out of stock now.

Reviving this thread instead of starting a new one. Been waiting to see if a 4-5 round AICS type magazine wound be made specifically for the 224 Valkyrie. No kick in about 3 years. The 8 round MDT works very well in my daughters rifle but hangs down way too far for her to shoot off s bench or in other hunting situations. Decided to take matters in my own hands and modify the MDT.

Came out pretty nice.

BC45C356-3BC3-47E1-99C1-60854BD0A376.jpeg