• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF Gunbroker? Buyers beware of this easily exploitable fraud!

They do, You aint got no glue? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The old mechanic at work was asking one day how to keep primers in his 25/06 brass. He queried if finger nail polish was how we held them in after the first firing. Turns out he is one of those load up the max charge of powder, and seat a bullet and go. He was jammed way into the lands.

I was thinking I could spray them with mould release and bed them in with Devcon. That way I can just load them normally next time.

I've used gunbroker for at least 10 maybe 15 years. Like any auction, only bid what ur willing to pay. I personally never put my maximum i'm willing to pay. I bid , then sit back and wait for the auction to get to the final minutes , if i want to up my bid i do, if not, i let someone else buy it. No biggie.

I've used gunbroker for at least 10 maybe 15 years. Like any auction, only bid what ur willing to pay. I personally never put my maximum i'm willing to pay. I bid , then sit back and wait for the auction to get to the final minutes , if i want to up my bid i do, if not, i let someone else buy it. No biggie.

how dare you operate with such common sense? if you do what you are saying, you wont be able to come start threads on SH bitching about "gunbroker exploitable fraud!! herpa derp"!

So your answer is you bid $600 but don't want to pay $600? Why did you bid $600?
Go find something else to do. See that over there? That's the point, and you've missed it.

Do me a favor. Screen shot your next high bid on gunbroker before the item has been bid up, and post it here. I'll happily push you up to the limit, and you'll be happy about it. You obviously won't, and I'll take that as your admission that you know you're just being dickish, and cannot be as dense as you're making yourself out.

Last edited:
Why do you go find something else to do? See that over there? That's the point, and you've missed it. Do me a favor. Screen shot your next high bid on gunbroker before the item has been bid up, and post it here. I'll happily push you up to the limit, and you'llbe happy about it. If you don't do that, then you do actually understand the problem, and are just being a dick.
errmergerd, the horror! I would have to pay the bid price in an auction I committed to pay by entering that bid?!!? That's crazy talk!! What would I do if I have to PAY THE AMOUNT I PROMISED I WOULD PAY FOR AN ITEM?

I think this is the same guy that was arguing back on scout that srp's work in place of lrp's because they fit in the pocket. Assuming it is, that should explain the situation.
The guy you quoted or me? I don't know what you're talking about.

errmergerd, the horror! I would have to pay the bid price in an auction I committed to pay by entering that bid?!!? That's crazy talk!! What would I do if I have to PAY THE AMOUNT I PROMISED I WOULD PAY FOR AN ITEM?
Do it, then. Publicize your max bid on a $600+ item. Until then, I don't think you have any conviction in what you're saying. I cannot imagine you're as stupid as you pretend to be.

Judging by the responses to my initial post, at least 9 people understood the point. Why can't you? The bottom 10% boot lickers on this forum remind me of Joe Rogan's stand-up routine from Triggered: "Well, some people have brains that are made out of dog shit."

Last edited:
Do it, then. Publicize your max bid on a $600+ item. Until then, I don't think you have any conviction in what you're saying. I cannot imagine you're as stupid as you pretend to be.

Judging by the responses to my initial post, at least 9 people understood the point. Why can't you? The bottom 10% boot lickers on this forum remind me of Joe Rogan's stand-up routine from Triggered: "Well, some people have brains that are made out of dog shit."

Here, it's simple, I'll break it down for you. Don't bid a number you aren't willing to pay for the item. It really is as simple as that.

Good luck in your quest for a KAC bipod

Here, it's simple, I'll break it down for you. Don't bid a number you aren't willing to pay for the item. It really is as simple as that.

Good luck in your quest for a KAC bipod
If you were capable of breaking the issue down, you would have demonstrated your comprehension of it in the first place. You're clearly not capable of either.

Last edited:
Last night I noticed a KAC bipod auction that ends today and the bipod was still priced in the $3xx range. I've been watching them lately, and I know they typically sell for $750+. So, I put in a bid of $600. The high bid jumped to $605, and I saw the message, that I was unfortunately not the high bidder at that point. I logged back in this afternoon to check out the item's status again, and come to find out, I'm the high bidder with a price of $385.

I check out the bid history and find this (note the bid retraction at the bottom):
View attachment 7608728So, basically, Burlsbuying has an F rating. Yesterday, I recall seeing that his bid was from 4/14, I think... maybe 4/15. The date there is only the retraction date. So, the guy had a winning bid for 5-ish days before retraction. Because my maximum bid was exposed, I was not satisfied with the idea that the seller or whomever could fraudulently and confidently bid me right up to my maximum before auction end. So, I sent a note to gunbroker that I was not satisfied with this situation, wanted my bid retracted and would NOT honor the bid if it were pushed up to my maximum at auction end. The response:

View attachment 7608730

So, if you're a seller, it behooves you to have at least 1 fraudulent account with which you can test the maximum bids of your buyers. Then you can retract your fraud account's bid, and push your top buyer to his maximum bid with confidence.

I just thought you folks should know about this easily exploitable problem. I'll send them a link and invite them to defend this policy.
wow thanks for that heads up. I have purchased rifles from Gun Broker but not on an auction. Just direct from the seller at asking price. Good to know !

Reactions: Praetorian_6
I am scared to buy anything on GB, so much scam up there and their Mods are doing anything about it. GB used to be such a safe site to buy and sell.