• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTF is wrong with people today?

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Seeing more and more of this crap everyday. Pop was a captain with TWA in the 50's-60's so we flew a lot. This was unheard of in the day

American Airlines manager seriously injured in alleged ...​

1701611730253.png
    TheStreet
    https://www.thestreet.com › Travel

==============================

A couple's fight was so bad it caused a Lufthansa flight to ...​

1701611843425.png
    Gwinnett Daily Post
    https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com › arena › thestreet

2 days ago — A 53-year-old Lufthansa passenger reportedly "threw food, tried to burn a blanket using a lighter, shouted at his wife."

=========================================

Close calls push airlines to stop passengers from opening ...​

1701612008339.png
    Gwinnett Daily Post

5 days ago — One nation's transport officials will require airline operators to add a new warning to the list of preflight instructions.

• Sad
    Reactions: kenny1773
    Pop was a captain with TWA in the 50's-60's so we flew a lot.

That was a whole different day. People that flew on planes were classy and effluent as it was expensive back then to fly. That was before deregulation and the Carter years when he stuffed planes full of trashy people paying for their tickets with our tax dollars. It’s gone down hill every sense. Add in the fact that the media glorifies every deviant freak out there and calls people with principals and morals the greatest threat to this nation and here we are, people feeling entitled to go nuts on planes and elsewhere in public. At least it’s impossible in flight to actually open an emergency exit as they are plug type doors that have to open in first and with up to 8.5 psi on them the handle would break first.

Last edited:
    Why in the hell didnt he get a mud hole stomped in his ass before the police get there ?

Reactions: Maggot
    Why in the hell didnt he get a mud hole stomped in his ass before the police get there ?

Because some idiot would video it with their phone and the perp would get turned into the victim by the media and courts; unfortunately. I’m just waiting for some entitled class individual to try something really threatening in the air when there’s an Air Marshal onboard and find themselves with an extra hole in their head upon their removal from the aircraft after landing.

Not enough collective beatdowns being dished out nowadays. That mofo should have been beaten bloody and unconscious by a group of other male passengers while they mock his failures as a man and then dragged off the plane. And when he wakes up he can enjoy his own special 2 minutes of narrated fame and humiliation on Steve Inman's X channel.

Granted, I just skimmed the first article, but it read to me something like this:
    I need my meds
    you can't get your meds
    but I need my meds
    No, sorry.
    But if I don't get my meds, I get angry and the meds stop me from getting angry.
    company policy, you can't get your meds right now.
    But I NEED my meds, or bad things will happen.
    take it up with your congressman, you can't get your meds right now.
    But I really REALLY NEED my meds, dammit.
    don't talk like that to me, or there'll be consequences
    you mean like consequences from me, for not getting my needed meds?
    that's different,,,, this is importanter
    you don't understand,,,, I NEED MY MEDS NOW, right NOW, or I'm gonna lose my shit.
    Security.... we have an unruly and unreasonable passenger, please bring the multibarreled taser and call ahead to get medical authorities on the ground to have some tranquilizers handy.....
    what the hell do you think I have been trying to get, from the start of this conversation? Right there, in my bag. For THESE reasons...

Granted, I just skimmed the first article, but it read to me something like this:
    I need my meds
    you can't get your meds
    but I need my meds
    No, sorry.
    But if I don't get my meds, I get angry and the meds stop me from getting angry.
    you don't understand,,,, I NEED MY MEDS NOW, right NOW, or I'm gonna lose my shit.
    Security.... we have an unruly and unreasonable passenger, please bring the multibarreled taser and call ahead to get medical authorities on the ground to have some tranquilizers handy.....
    what the hell do you think I have been trying to get, from the start of this conversation? Right there, in my bag. For THESE reasons...
    True, but where were the meds? If buried in the cargo hold it would be difficult or impossible to get them. Passenger should have used a bit of foresight and had them in their pocket or at least accessble.

Reactions: 232593
    That was a whole different day. People that flew on planes were classy and effluent as it was expensive back then to fly. That was before deregulation and the Carter years when he stuffed planes full of trashy people paying for their tickets with our tax dollars. It’s gone down hill every sense. Add in the fact that the media glorifies every deviant freak out there and calls people with principals and morals the greatest threat to this nation and here we are, people feeling entitled to go nuts on planes and elsewhere in public. At least it’s impossible in flight to actually open an emergency exit as they are plug type doors that have to open in first and with up to 8.5 psi on them the handle would break first.
    Sorry, I can't help myself. :)

ef·flu·ent
    [ˈeˌflo͞oənt, ˈefləwənt]

NOUN
    1. liquid waste or sewage discharged into a river or the sea:
      "the bay was contaminated with the effluent from an industrial plant"

classy effluent?:

1701621003053.png

Deregulation?

Part 1 - You have a large percentage of 3rd world people in a first world country that no longer make any effort to assimilate or learn to live more civilized, WTF do you think is going to happen?

Part 2 - you have mentally ill people that need help wondering around free to do whatever damage they want to do should they forget their pills or even while they are on their pills because the pills don't really fix the mental illness.

Part 3 - Any good citizen that does anything to protect innocent people from mentally ill and/or violent people is locked up for life.

Large parts of the United States are like living in a 3rd world country now. Violence rules the jungle, and sadly the only cure is more violence...

If you’ve flown in the past 3 years, it is worse than ever. Crowded airports full of the filthy masses that look like they just got out of bed - and smell even worse. As you are prodded and poked thru the lines of airline employees who are barely polite you are then corralled thru TSA (who look about the same as the travelers in pajamas) who treat you like you’re stupid for not understanding their incoherent babble only to be treated like children who have been sent to the corner for the entirety of the flight experience.

Honestly I drive unless it’s more than 12 hours away.

We are living in the age of pretending, where real manners and politeness are non existent. When is the last time you observed a young man stand to give a lady his seat?

We are witnessing the downfall of educated society and this is just a symptom.

This is what a vaxxed society looks like

I was young at the time, but apparently, the government had a hand in setting ticket prices, which kept them rather high. Once they got out of the way, prices dropped making air travel more affordable for the effluent 😭 instead of just the affluent 😎.

Deregulation did nothing to lower the cost of airline tickets.

@Long Range 338 - Thanks for the warning. I have not flown in about 6 years now. I will do my best to not fly anymore. My limit is more like 16 hours of driving (or there is an ocean in the way) before a flight might become an option. I can knock out 16 hours of driving in one day.

I usually needed to fly about once a year for work (sometimes twice), but even before covid I had the company rent me a car and I drove the 12 hours each way (on my own time) because I didn't want to fly

I have always felt like you are no longer a US citizen that has any rights when you fly. You become a prisoner with, anal cavity searches, and no rights once you enter the airport. I just want no part of it.

Reactions: dirtysanchez
    Deregulation did nothing to lower the cost of airline tickets.

Here‘s a little more light reading about it. Deregulation actually did lower the cost of tickets as compared to what they cost prior to 1978, even in todays dollars. I didn’t say ticket costs today are cheap, only that they cost less in todays dollars than they did prior to the 1978 Deregulation Act. That Act made flying much more affordable for the average Joe, and all their drama.

Part 1 - You have a large percentage of 3rd world people in a first world country that no longer make any effort to assimilate or learn to live more civilized, WTF do you think is going to happen?

Part 2 - you have mentally ill people that need help wondering around free to do whatever damage they want to do should they forget their pills or even while they are on their pills because the pills don't really fix the mental illness.

Part 3 - Any good citizen that does anything to protect innocent people from mentally ill and/or violent people is locked up for life.

Large parts of the United States are like living in a 3rd world country now. Violence rules the jungle, and sadly the only cure is more violence...
    There's a video of a mass of people waiting to board a connecting flight but the flight was being held up because someone in the crowd stunk so bad it was causing a problem with the other passengers. :LOL:

They sent an airline employee into the crowd trying to pinpoint the problem and he stopped behind a middle eastern or Indian woman wearing some sheet and pointed down at her.

They pulled her out and had to explain to her as delicately as possible that sometimes their foreign passengers don't have access to water in their countries but she would need to go to the Ladies room and 'freshen up' before she would be allowed to board.

• Haha
    Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Our society has changed. People aren’t afraid of creating conflict by being abrasive, some seek it out. I think it’s due to how much interaction is done digitally. When you can say anything without fear of a smack in the mouth it becomes the norm for you, and it goes with you into public.

I also think more people have less coping skills, so they see a doctor or therapist and get a pill for what ails them. Dependencies develop, a whole new group of addicts are created - those that need their mood stabilizers or emotional support animal.

I read your comment and remembered seeing this earlier in the year. It is apparently not impossible to open the door in-flight, just very difficult and possible only at lower altitudes;

Reactions: KYAggie

Last time I flew was in 2013... I think.

Took a hop from Tulsa to San Antonio by way of DFW. Crammed in that aluminum tube like fucking sardines... Both flights were behind schedule, etc... just an all around cluster. The return flight was overbooked and we got bumped up to 1st class... Same cluster but with 4 extra inches of leg room.

When I was a kid air travel was portrayed as the lap of luxury. In flight lounges, bars, plenty of room aboard.

Now you'd be better off in an old railroad cattle car... Probably get there sooner too.

Mike

Seeing more and more of this crap everyday. Pop was a captain with TWA in the 50's-60's so we flew a lot. This was unheard of in the day

American Airlines manager seriously injured in alleged ...

View attachment 8287176
    TheStreet
    https://www.thestreet.com › Travel
    ==============================

A couple's fight was so bad it caused a Lufthansa flight to ...

View attachment 8287177
    Gwinnett Daily Post

2 days ago — A 53-year-old Lufthansa passenger reportedly "threw food, tried to burn a blanket using a lighter, shouted at his wife."

=========================================

Close calls push airlines to stop passengers from opening ...

View attachment 8287178
    Gwinnett Daily Post

5 days ago — One nation's transport officials will require airline operators to add a new warning to the list of preflight instructions.
    Lufthansa... German.

Hearing a heated argument in German is terrifying. Hell, German is terrifying when people are being nice.

(Disclaimer: I'm joking. Mostly. I speak a bit of German and a smattering of the Scandi languages... The scary, strict ancestors of English. I know, I know... Don't forget Norman French. Fuck those guys.)

Mike

• Haha
    Last time I flew was in 2013... I think.

Took a hop from Tulsa to San Antonio by way of DFW. Crammed in that aluminum tube like fucking sardines... Both flights were behind schedule, etc... just an all around cluster. The return flight was overbooked and we got bumped up to 1st class... Same cluster but with 4 extra inches of leg room.

When I was a kid air travel was portrayed as the lap of luxury. In flight lounges, bars, plenty of room aboard.

Now you'd be better off in an old railroad cattle car... Probably get there sooner too.

Mike
    Yep, as Pop was a captain we flew first class called Royal Ambassador, at the time the premier flight service. Got cooked steaks which were pretty good, little travel bags with a toothbrush and paste, razor, for freshening up on international flights.

Last time I got on one was circa 1980. I was trying to talk myself back into it then 9/11 happened. I went to the airport to pick up a friend and soldiers with M4's

Now I hear the airports are all full of homeless and migrants.

Thanks but no thanks. I'll walk.

Have you ridden Amtrak?

R
    Its been 10 years but yes. Rode from SF to your town, Got a sleeper which comes with free, decent, meals and shower. They time it so youre in the scenic Sierra's and Rocky Mts during daylight. Beautiful scenery and great trip.

Reactions: TexPatriot
    Its been 10 years but yes. Rode from SF to your town, Got a sleeper which comes with free, decent, meals and shower. They time it so youre in the scenic Sierra's and Rocky Mts during daylight. Beautiful scenery and great trip.
    That might be worth the trip in itself, especially in Fall, if i could turn around before SF. If I had to unboard in SF, I'd wear shoe covers.

I rode the Amtrac from SF to Austin when I was three or four and got car sick. The inccessant clickety- clack rocking I guess.
    I flew all over the Pacific in the 50's in a tail dragger, to Hawaii, Okinawa, Tokyo as a little kid and never had a problem. My older sister was the plane puker.

The smell of some chiclet gum still gives me a headache tho.

That might be worth the trip in itself, especially in Fall, if i could turn around before SF. If I had to unboard in SF, I'd wear shoe covers.

I rode the Amtrac from SF to Austin when I was three or four and got car sick. The inccessant clickety- clack rocking I guess.
    I flew all over the Pacific in the 50's in a tail dragger, to Hawaii, Okinawa, Tokyo as a little kid and never had a problem. My older sister was the plane puker.

The smell of some chiclet gum still gives me a headache tho.
    You actually board in Emeryville, I believe, across the bay so you dont go into SF. Could be Richmond. If you can swing it, well worth the experience, a lot nicer than when you were a kid.. dont do it too early in the spring, its still cold as fuck up in the mts, June would be optimum or early fall when the aspens are turning.

Reactions: TexPatriot
    Not the double deckers/sleeper equipped versions.

R

Not the double deckers/sleeper equipped versions.

R
    The sleeper was a dingle deck but they had the double deck observation cars.

Edited to change to 'single' 😁

Last edited:
    Here‘s a little more light reading about it. Deregulation actually did lower the cost of tickets as compared to what they cost prior to 1978, even in todays dollars. I didn’t say ticket costs today are cheap, only that they cost less in todays dollars than they did prior to the 1978 Deregulation Act. That Act made flying much more affordable for the average Joe, and all their drama.

Again, deregulation did not do anything to lower ticket prices. The article you linked is a strawman argument. Look at the ticket price inflation data.

Effluent? I'd check that word, before claiming to be a cut above your fellow passengers.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: 91Eunozs
    I need my meds
    you can't get your meds
    but I need my meds
    No, sorry.
    If you can't act like a decent civilized human being without meds FUCK YOU STAY THE FUCK HOME!

Used to fly 2-4 times a year for work. New gig, I’ll fly on 20+ trips next year.

It’s okay though. I’m 50. So I lost my faith in humanity a long time ago.😂

Affluent…

Effluent is something else entirely! 😂

And closer to 30PSI.. we used to pressurize to around 26-27 at 30K feet or so (differential pressure between inside and outside the aircraft)

Edit: that can’t be right. We’d pressurize to about 9K altitude inside the cabin, so 10 PSI or so, with the outside at 4PSI or so.

So yeah 6-8 PSI differential sounds about right

I think I was remembering the max altitude when we had the cracks around the cabin windows in the C141. Yeah, I’m that old. LoL

Last edited:
    Because some idiot would video it with their phone and the perp would get turned into the victim by the media and courts; unfortunately. I’m just waiting for some entitled class individual to try something really threatening in the air when there’s an Air Marshal onboard and find themselves with an extra hole in their head upon their removal from the aircraft after landing.
    Air marshals aren't on most flights anymore. I believe that the potato has them working on the border

And closer to 30PSI.. we used to pressurize to around 26-27 at 30K feet or so (differential pressure between inside and outside the aircraft)
    You sure about that? The plane I fly has a max differential of 8.7 at altitude.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
    Sorry, I can't help myself. :)

ef·flu·ent
    [ˈeˌflo͞oənt, ˈefləwənt]

NOUN
    1. liquid waste or sewage discharged into a river or the sea:
      "the bay was contaminated with the effluent from an industrial plant"

classy effluent?:

View attachment 8287247
    Thought the same thing. Classy and effluent on a plane was a great mental image. Lol

• Haha
    You sure about that? The plane I fly has a max differential of 8.7 at altitude.
    Yeah, went back and edited my post… I don’t know what the hell I was thinking! LoL We were restricted to ~26K max altitude for awhile due to corrosion/cracks around the windows…must have had that number stuck in my head when I first replied.