• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Optics WTS - Nightforce NSX 5.5-22x56 - NP-R1 Reticle w/ ZeroStop + LaRue 20 MOA PSR QD Mount

AdamP123

((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2017
PA
SPF TO Guss48. If interested, PM me and I will message the next person in line if the deal falls through.

I am selling my Nightforce setup. Please read this description. I have received a lot of questions via PM that have already been answered in this post. Anything that I have been asked because I failed to mention it is now answered in this description.

This scope and mount setup are in very good condition. Glass is absolutely mint. Everything functions precisely as it should. Adjustments are spot-on. Turrets are tactile and smooth. Most of you likely know this, but Nightforce scopes come with a transferrable lifetime warranty. Round count on this scope is less than 60. Illumination works perfectly. It has the ZeroStop feature for the elevation turret. This is a SFP scope. The reticle is the NP-R1 reticle (scroll down for more info on the reticle).

Included is a LaRue 20 MOA PSR Scope Mount QD, LT112 (cost me $264 + shipping). The mount is in excellent condition and one of the best QD mounts available as far as I am concerned. These mounts hold zero extremely well.

Also included is a Warne Switchview SV167-171 throw lever (cost me $60 + shipping).

The ONLY issues with this scope is that there are light scratches on the bell section of the scope. I touched them up with some Birchwood Casey Super Black and it is barely noticeable. See photos below. I did my best to capture the touch-up spots, but it is not very easy as they are fairly minor.

I have a bit over $2,100 in this setup. I am asking $1400 shipped or best reasonable offer. I am not looking for any trades as I am only selling this to fund another purchase.

For payment, I will accept Zelle, personal check (must clear before shipment), USPS money order (I'll ship ASAP), and PayPal Friends & Family (I will not accept Goods & Services on PayPal. Also, there must be no mention of anything firearms related on PayPal).

I WILL SEPARATE THESE ITEMS

Scope: $1250 + $15 Shipping

Mount: $175 + $9 shipping.

RETICLE INFORMATION:

NP-R1: Field Tactical, Varmint, Long-Range Hunting

This is an improved version of the NP-R2, providing the user with 1 MOA measurements on the elevation bar and 2 MOA measurements on the windage bar. This improved reticle design allows the shooter to range easily and accurately.

nf-npr1-ret.jpg

Nightforce-NP-R1-Reticle-Compare.jpg

Other questions along with my answers:

Q: Is the reticle thickness like the MOAR or MOAR-T?
A: As far as I understand it, the "T" is a bit finer. If that is the case, it's definitely more like the MOAR-T.

Q: Is the illumination good?
A: Yes. Illumination is perfect, just like it should be on a scope that cost nearly $2K.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    581.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    801.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    745.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    792.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
Moa ? Or mils?
What reticle?

Reticle: NP-R1.

MOA or Mils: I am honestly not 100% sure. I'm about 99% sure it's MOA. I'll have to call Nightforce with the serial number to verify.

This is what I know now:

NP-R1: Field Tactical, Varmint, Long-Range Hunting

This is an improved version of the NP-R2, providing the user with 1 MOA measurements on the elevation bar and 2 MOA measurements on the windage bar. This improved reticle design allows the shooter to range easily and accurately.

nf-npr1-ret.jpg

Nightforce-NP-R1-Reticle-Compare.jpg

So, I am fairly confident that it is MOA, but I don't want to tell you that and end up being wrong.

Last edited:
This is a good deal.

NPR1 is a awesome Moa reticle. Used to have a couple of them before I switched to mils

This is a good deal.

NPR1 is a awesome Moa reticle. Used to have a couple of them before I switched to mils

Thanks. It is an awesome optic. I am only selling because I sold the rifle it was on and I still have about eight to ten more optics than I have rifles for the optics. So, something has to go.

I only have it listed here because this seems like the ideal place to list it. After a couple of days, I will start listing it on multiple sites (ARFcom, AKFiles, M4Carbine, Outdoor Trader, etc.) and I don't expect it to last long at that point. I also have very extensive, 100% perfect feedback on those sites if anyone wants to take a look.