• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

XLR chassis and front sling attachment

taliv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2010
TN
I would like to attach a sling to the handguard on the XLR chassis. I'm not keen on any of the options i can think of off the top of my head...

1 attaching a pic rail and then attaching a QD mount to that
2 attach harris bipod to swivel and then sling to swivel on back of bipod
3 just run paracord loop through the holes in forearm

i plan to only attach the sling when i need it, for carry and slung in shooting

am i missing some obvious option?

Re: XLR chassis and front sling attachment

Look at one of the flush cup swivels, I've used the ones from mount-n-slot, seems like they might work for that application if you have a 1/2" hole or a spot to machine one.

Go to the XLR site, they have a QD mount that is made for their handrail. If its not on the site give Kyle a call.

so something like this will fit in the slots?
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=53515/avs|Manufacturer_1=IMPACT%20WEAPONS%20COMPONENTS/Product/MICRO-FLUSH-QD-SLING-MOUNT

i checked the xlr site before posting. i only saw QD mounts that fit on pic rails that attach to their handrail. I'll contact kyle too. thanks

ya..call Kyle. I'm sure he'll be able to give you options

Call Kyle, he has a qd that fits in one of the handguard holes, rails needed. I have one. Stand by for a pic...

The Mount N' Slot ones for the 1.5" handguards work great:

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-rotation-limited-mount/

(I actually had some for my Troy TRX and ended up using on my XLR).

I also tried using these for a while:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/960922/...-polymer-stocks

Awesomely low profile, but had problems with it contacting the barrel during use (I washer or two might resolve this, at the cost of some of the low-profile and sleekness).

thanks guys, that's exactly what i need

ALthough not on the site, we do have QD mounts available that attach directly to the hand guard. Cost is $25.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

qd001.jpg

thanks again. here are some gratuitous pics of what the flush cup will be attached to

6slr-b.jpg

6slr-c.jpg

6slr-d.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^ Hating you...</div></div>

2nd that. I won't get mine for another week or two.

Very nice rig. My chassis is due to come in around 1st week Sept. Getting close!

Nice new stick Tom! Only problem is that the bolt handle is on the wrong side
smile.gif

how is the XLR working out?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice new stick Tom! Only problem is that the bolt handle is on the wrong side
smile.gif
</div></div>

ya..damn lefty

thanks Dave! but at least i got the ejection port on the right side!

fox, so far it's a one-hole gun. all the rounds I've fired have gone into the same hole*

*yeah, i've only fired one round

What finish is on your XLR...I've never been a fan of anodizing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kyle beat me to it. Here ya go anyway...

DSCN0001.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aubie515</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What finish is on your XLR...I've never been a fan of anodizing.

</div></div>

That my friend is a high tech coating called Krylon
grin.gif

It only sticks O.K. as that anodize is hard stuff. I scuffed it up with green Scotchbrite pads before spraying. I also clear coated it with Minwax poly clear. If you want something real durable, Cerakote is the way to go.

Just got my XLR on order this week. I'm very optimistic about it after reading quite a few good reviews. Also, it just looks sexy, and it's still fairly light weight compared to a lot of the other chassis systems. Kyle is the best!