• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XT-22 ?

SRSDriver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2011
Northern CO
Any love here for the XT-22? I've found one pre-threaded, and it seems like it would be a good candidate to drop into a chassis I'm building to make it 'feel like' my .308...

Re: XT-22 ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRSDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any love here for the XT-22? I've found one pre-threaded, and it seems like it would be a good candidate to drop into a chassis I'm building to make it 'feel like' my .308...

</div></div>

i got an XT-22 into a M200 Cheytac chassis. its awesome and accurate

I have a Marlin 925 which I believe is very similar and I really like it a lot. It is very accurate with the right ammo and for the money, pretty hard to beat.

most of what i've found on them when i was going to get one are hit and miss, mostly reports of a few quality issues of stock / hardware fit and a few magazine alignment issues.

others report they are fine for the price, but it's hard to find an objective range report for 100yards or more. most are at 50 yards, which just about any rimfire is going to shoot well at that distance with ammo it likes.

type in xt22 into the search, it'll bring up a few threads on them. there's one in there about the size of the threading being the "wrong" size.

i'm still under the impression that for the price, the xt offers alot, even with the smaller QC issues talked about. in that price range, you are going to have that.

Okay, this isn't a definitive accuracy test...but I think it points to the possibilities of the XT-22.
Bought two of them for my sons this past spring.
Was aware of the possible QC issues so I asked my dealer (whom I have a good relationship) if I could look over his stock and pick out two 'keepers'. He had five in stock...but as far as I could tell all were flawless.
So far each has in excess of 1000 rounds. No issues apart from the few (less than a dozen total) FTF...all from one particular brand of cheap ammo (Federal Eagle).
The guns are box stock. Both have the Bushnell 3-9 rimfire scopes attached and a Caldwell bi-pod.
This past weekend my youngest son managed a number of solid 2-2.5" groups at 100yds, with the bi-pod and a Caldwell rear bag and RWS target ammo.
He's 9.
I'd say that this shows that the gun is a good platform to start from. I can well imagine that with a proper tune, trigger job and bedding that this would be a sub 1MOA gun.

they have a tube fed XT-22 which can shoot short rounds.

im planning to buy one next month because of the 25 rounds it can hold.

17 LR/25 Short/19 Long