• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss Diavari Victory T* FL 4-16x50. Reviews? FL?

Scottyman

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2008
Maine
I'm considering this scope for some target and mostly hunting w/300WM. 2nd FP/RapidZ 800.
Currently using an IOR 4-14X50 Tactical, but I'm not satisfied with it's lower end optical performance.
Is this model Zeiss the best value for my needs as far as top tier optical quality is concerned? ($2400-ish) Any distortion at any X range really annoys me.
Low light performance is a must. Repeatability is a given.
Why is this scope advertised as using FL? Don't most of the Zeiss scopes use lead free flourite glass?
Are there any other scopes in this tier and price range that are better deals?

Re: Zeiss Diavari Victory T* FL 4-16x50. Reviews? FL?

Zeiss use extra low dispersion fluoride glass only on selected FL concept models.
I've taken the 6-24x56FL ,optically is excellent absolutly no color fringing even in very hard test conditions (roof edge under diffuse white background on max magnification)here the fluoride glass is the winner,contrast is top notch,field distorsion are very low but on riflescope especially wide range zoom these are always presents to a certain extent.
There are only two major drawback for longrange especially the 6-24x56 and 72, adjustment range is very low only 11mRads ,4-16x50 instead has an acceptable adjustment range of 16,5mRads.
ASV also is a big problem for long range because the turret is mecanically limited with a pin stop to only one turn,so you need to remove the pin (with a punch)to get the full adjustment range always available.

If you are talking about the just-released 4-16x50, I would pass because it is not offered with any reticles usable for a tactical rifle. It is only offered in 3 hunting reticles and Zeiss is not willing to change the reticle to something it is not originally offered in after the fact.

The RapidZ 800 should be acceptable for my needs. Mostly hunting. Moderate targeting.

I've been checking out the Premiere Heritage 3-15X50 too. According to the reviews the glass is on par with most S&B's and just slightly below the Hendsoldt.

Price will be the determining factor if all else is equal or close.