• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Zeiss vs leupold

Pioneer_83

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2024
Sweden
Hi!
I’m getting a 223wylde 18” dmr that’s needs a scope.

I’m looking at leupold mark 4 hd 4.5-18 vs the zeiss lrp s3 4-25, any experience or good advice there?

Going too use it for primarily for matches and maybe some gas gun prs.

Hi!

I’m looking at leupold mark 4 hd 4.5-18 vs the zeiss lrp s3 4-25, any experience or good advice there?

Give me a call at 916-628-3490 and I can assist you with these options :)

-Richard

Unfortunately I live in Sweden so it is a big hassle to get the scopes here from your shops! But I would gladly take your advice.

• Wow
Reactions: CSTactical
Pick the reticle you like best.

I personally can't tell the difference in the glass on the examples I've looked through. I like the Leupold turrets, but the Zeiss aren't bad.

Reactions: BCP and Pioneer_83
Zeiss all day long between those two. Has a great reticle for holds in matches and excellent glass. A ton of elevation also. I'd definitely take it over a Mk4 reboot which isn't a bad scope but not up to the Zeiss S3.

Hi!

Zeiss LRP S3 all day everyday, and twice on Sundays. Leupold is overrated and overpriced Fudd optics.

I think that the Zeiss could very well be a great scope, but it is heavy and pretty big. Also do you need that much magnification?

How about the Delta Stryker 3.5-21x44 and the March 1.5-15x42? Those are AR sized scopes, at least in my oppinion.

I run the Razor G3 1-10x on my AR and would look long and hard on the March if I were to change.
(Men jag tävlar inte längre och skjuter sällan över 300 meter nu för tiden)

Reactions: Pioneer_83
I don’t mind the weight. For some reason I just think the pr2 reticle looks like a winner. But I really appreciate the 4-25 ratio on the zeiss, and the glass seems to be great! Leaning more towards the zeiss.

I don’t mind the weight. For some reason I just think the pr2 reticle looks like a winner. But I really appreciate the 4-25 ratio on the zeiss, and the glass seems to be great! Leaning more towards the zeiss.

The PR2 is their better reticle but the Zeiss reticle works great in matches for holds and is nice and dark.

since you're in Europe, you should check out the Element Nexus Gen 2, 4-25x. Should be easier/cheaper for you to find there and I believe one of the owners is based in Sweden. I suspect you have some local dealers of element optics.

It is the slimmed down 30mm version of the Zeiss S3, which is 34mm. Only 30 oz and more appropriate for an 18" AR, IMO. Same glass quality and excellent reticle.

Better than the Mk4HD in all aspects. I've had this 4-25x nexus side by side with a 6-24x mk4.

here it is on my 18" 6 ARC, adjusting the zero after my barrel sped up

Attachments

• IMG_4731.jpeg
    IMG_4731.jpeg
    613.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
You are comparing 2 different levels of scopes. S3 far outshines the Mark4. But will it match up to the Mark5? I just picked up a Zeiss Victory 8 2.8-20x56. The glass is better than the Leupold Mark5. Schott glass vs Japanese glass.

Reactions: Pioneer_83
since you're in Europe, you should check out the Element Nexus Gen 2, 4-25x. Should be easier/cheaper for you to find there and I believe one of the owners is based in Sweden. I suspect you have some local dealers of element optics.

It is the slimmed down 30mm version of the Zeiss S3, which is 34mm. Only 30 oz and more appropriate for an 18" AR, IMO. Same glass quality and excellent reticle.

Better than the Mk4HD in all aspects. I've had this 4-25x nexus side by side with a 6-24x mk4.

here it is on my 18" 6 ARC adjusting the zero after my barrel sped up
Thanks for the input! I like your setup. I’m getting an aero enhanced as well 👊🏻 already planning on a 6arc barrel as well.

Reactions: YotaEer and FuhQ
You are comparing 2 different levels of scopes. S3 far outshines the Mark4. But will it match up to the Mark5? I just picked up a Zeiss Victory 8 2.8-20x56. The glass is better than the Leupold Mark5. Schott glass vs Japanese glass.
I’m comparing them because they are about the same price here now with at bit of discount on the zeiss. I know the glass is not made by ze German's but it sounds like it’s getting nice critique!

Leupold is pretty hush hush on where they source their glass, not saying you're wrong, but where do you see that Mark 5HD is Japanese glass?

Hi!

I run a Viper PST Gen 2 2-10x32 on my 18” .223Wylde DMR rig. I feel like it matches and complements this cartridge/setup very well.