• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope for my 7.62x39 16" Ar-15 rifle?

primrosecrowther

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2017
I'm going for long distances like 800-1000 meters. Which is optimal one?

Attachments

• photo69999.jpg
    photo69999.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 14
You must choose very carefully. You will need to compensate for almost 1000 inches of drop at that range. I would suggest scopes with 34mm tubes.

Check our this one - Trijicon ACOG 3.5x35 Scope, Dual Illuminated Red Chevron BAC .308 Flattop Reticle w/ TA51 Mount.
This allows range estimation for silhouette targets.

What ammo / bullets will you be shooting? Even with Lapua match your going transonic at 450Y. You would need something like a NF ATACR 5-25 and a 40 MOA rail.

It would increase your options if you can find a 60 MOA rail.

No.
I'm not Will and I've never been in prison.
But I do find it funny shooting AK rounds out to 1000 meters.

To to each his own I guess.

No.
I'm not Will and I've never been in prison.
But I do find it funny shooting AK rounds out to 1000 meters.

To to each his own I guess.

I meant the question to be rhetorical and to the O.P.

The reference was joke about the Sons Of Guns 1000y AK47 project.

Vortex, Burris, Leupold, Nightforce and more.

As for a power range I would recommend a 2.5-10x, 3-15x or maybe even a 1-8x.

If we can be of help let us know our contact info is below.

Countersniper scope! That's the name I couldn't remember. That is what he needs. There is a 4x48-56 model with 60 MOA elevation. That plus a 60 MOA rail would give him 120 MOA elevation adjustment.

Um, 3.5x isn't going to work very well for 800-1k.

These shitbirds (him and Samuel Cruz) are just trying to advertise crap for sale at Moriarty's Gun Store. He's not actually trying to glean any useful information.

So so far he's discussed what rifle is best for precision shooting at 200 yards and now which optic is "best".

I recommend you guys stop trying to advertise for free on the Hide and stick to airsoft.

These shitbirds (him and Samuel Cruz) are just trying to advertise crap for sale at Moriarty's Gun Store. He's not actually trying to glean any useful information.

So so far he's discussed what rifle is best for precision shooting at 200 yards and now which optic is "best".

I recommend you guys stop trying to advertise for free on the Hide and stick to airsoft.

And now I know to avoid that place when someone ask me about something they have.