• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Two stage trigger decision

Snipenace

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2011
GA
I have a Timney 510 and I shot a rifle this weekend with a Timney 2 stage Calvin elite and messed with a rifle that had a Tubb T7T. Has anyone shot one or both of these and would care to give me some of your thoughts on them. The Timney is $180 or so and the Tubb is $385 so trying to see if it's worth the money.

The Tubb is really nice but personally I like the Huber 2 stage better. Same price. Check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: diverdon
I didn't care for the Tubb. 18 ounces one pull, 12 ounces the next pull...It has a HUGE hangar that may require that you hog out some metal or fiberglass on your stock. I thought it was a disappointment. The Huber was ok, but I wouldn't get another one. The Timney's are great, but my favorite is the CG Extreme. Great trigger and highly adjustable.

I have two Timney Calvin Elites and for the money they get the job done, but there is a bit left to be desired from the second stage on both triggers. My first one was a regular shoe CE and it almost nearly feels like pistol trigger, has soo much take up when you get to the second stage before it drops the firing pin. The second is a flat shoe and it's much better but there is still some take up, they're both just similar to nice pistol triggers to me. Which is not a bad thing but i'd prefer follow through for the first stage in unison with a single stage like break for the second.

I've felt the Timney CE and I have a Huber two-stage. The Huber is certainly the best trigger I've ever used, though I've never felt a Tubb T7T. Also he reduced the price this year to $300 so it isn't as prohibitively expensive anymore.

Reactions: diverdon
I have the flat two stage timney and like it, but I'd love to know if the CG Extreme is worth its price at 2x what my timney is

I had the CE 2 Stage on my primary competition rifle for a while. I have since moved it to my backup rifle. I like it, but I still prefer the single stage.....at least for the time being.

The more I shoot my CG 2 stage triggers, the more I like 'em. Started with one Xtreme Mod22 trigger, and have since upgraded two other rifles with CGs.
Sorry, have never shot a Timney 2 stage, so can't compare with the CG. But I do find them nicer than AI's 2 stage, if that helps?

I have been using a Cadex 2 stage for nearly a year now. Great trigger wouldn't trade it for anything else.

I have the Huber set at 2.5 lbs. I would get it lighter then that but I don't have a problem with it. I really like having a defined wall and crisp break.

I've been nothing but happy with the two stage calvin elites, and have transitioned all my rifles to them

I have two Timney Calvin Elites and for the money they get the job done, but there is a bit left to be desired from the second stage on both triggers. My first one was a regular shoe CE and it almost nearly feels like pistol trigger, has soo much take up when you get to the second stage before it drops the firing pin. The second is a flat shoe and it's much better but there is still some take up, they're both just similar to nice pistol triggers to me. Which is not a bad thing but i'd prefer follow through for the first stage in unison with a single stage like break for the second.

This pretty much covers my thoughts on it. I sent it back to Timney, and it came back better, but the second stage is still not as good as their single stage triggers.

I would wait another month for the Bix'nAndy Tac Sport 2 Stage for $255

Absolutly amazing trigger.

I have a CG Model 21 going in my new match rifle. I have one on my prone gun and like it. They can be a little annoying to adjust, but are very good once you figure it out. Tom Meyers can help with that. Anyone that doesn't like the CG is probably because they didn't have one that was properly adjusted.

I would wait another month for the Bix'nAndy Tac Sport 2 Stage for $255

Absolutly amazing trigger.

I've been following this trigger myself and intend to check it out, assuming i can find a compatible trigger hanger for the Tempest.

I've been following this trigger myself and intend to check it out, assuming i can find a compatible trigger hanger for the Tempest.

Blackops_2 lucky for you we made some trigger hangers to fit the Bix'nAndy in the Tempest just befor shot show! I guesst they aren't on the website yet, but give us a call +1 701 371 4444 ask for Dave or Chris. $30

Reactions: 5RWill
Personally I would go Huber 2 stage! I've spent most of my shooting life behind AIs and if you like there triggers like I do the closest thing was Huber for me. Excellent Experience with them I told them exactly what I wanted and they delivered a perfect trigger. Anyways just my .02s

I can't tell about the Huber,CG and timney but i have a Bix'n-Andy on my Remington and it's as good as an Anschutz trigger, it's easy to setup and very smoth

Reactions: nbutze
I have a Huber and a Timney calvin elite and there is no comparison. The Huber is twice as crisp and the dealing with Huber is amazing. I had my trigger come out of adjustment and they took great care of me.

Give me the run down on why two stages are hot all of a sudden please.

I am a fan of the Huber. It was much better than the Timney Calvin 2 stage I had. The Timney had a bit more creep and the Huber seems to break cleaner. At least in my examples

Give me the run down on why two stages are hot all of a sudden please.

Better triggers for most people in field conditions. A two stage trigger with a three or four pound pull allows the shooter to have a trigger heavy enough to make snapshots without having a trigger so light overall that the shooter accidentally pulls it before he means to and it allows a shooter in a prepared position taking his time to simply apply the pound and a half or two to the trigger to pull through the first stage and then treat the second stage as a conventional single stage trigger with a pound and a half or two pound pull.

I drove out to accurate ordnance yesterday and ended up getting the Timney Calvin elite two stage. For the price it seemed like a good trigger and if I'm not happy with it I'll look into another more expensive one. But I'll keep a eye out for the bix'nandy. Thanks guys

Reactions: delfuego
I have owned every single 2 stage except the cadex. I own an AI, I will be excited for bix n Andy. Nothing compares to the AI trigger. It's not light but man is it solid and the reticle doesn't move when u break the second stage.

AI 2 stage triggers are pretty nice, but they're expensive, starting at about $4500, but they include a free rifle..

LOL - isn't that the truth - none better (well, maybe Sako) - I digress...
I haven't tried either of the triggers in the OP, but it seems the scope opened up a bit during the discussion, so I'll throw my $.02 in the pot.
Between the Huber, and CG - I prefer the CG Mod22 (though neither is really a BAD choice). For me, it comes down to the wall - which I think is more defined and has a sharper edge on the CG...