• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mpa AT or AIAT Mpa. Here it is folks

_shawn_

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2011
Ft worth, tx
Got my mpa chassis in today so here it is. Let the questions begin

Attachments

• photo49499.jpg
    photo49499.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 248
  • photo49500.jpg
    photo49500.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 249
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
The big question...do you like it!?!

Then, what's the weight in the MPA chassis?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Congrats on having the guts to follow through with this. Any idea if there is an up charge from MPA for the AI action inlet?

Can you post a few pics of the bottom side of the action/quick lock?

I did it for the ergonomics and accessories.

why would I buy a badger? They're inferior to ai in every way. Pretty much garbage in my opinion

I'll upload the action pics shortly. I have to shrink them down

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Yes mpa is adding the inlets to their list but I don't know if there will be a price difference. Once I give them the needed changes and give the all clear they'll start filling orders. They are taking preorders now, a couple friends are already on the list

I am guessing the price for the AT + MPA chassis will still be less than an AX, which is just an AT with a different chassis and 1:10 barrel. Could be worth it for a lot of people that cant/dont want to swing an AX all at once and want more features than the AT chassis offers.

Can you remove the trigger without pulling action out of the MPA?

What's the process for getting the action out of the AI chassis?

If I remember correctly he used a small butane torch to heat and separate the action from the chassis. Not all that difficult, at least in his case...

I used a small propane torch with a rosebud head. 15 seconds per side on the joint. Keep the flame moving, don't rest on any spot so you don't chance messing up the heat treatment. Leave your barrel in so you have some to pull with and it'll come right out

Last edited:
I used a small propane torch with a rosebud head. 15 seconds per side on the joint. Keep the flame moving, don't rest on any spot so you don't chance messing up the heatime treatment. Leave your barrel in so you have some to pull with and it'll come right out

Did the action screws come out easily? Can you post a better pic of the AT chassis please? Id like to see how the epoxy is layed down. I love my ai ergos, so id never do this, its very interesting though.

Ran the gun at a club match at rifles only this week. Gun range flawlessly. Wish I could say the same about my performance

the actions screws came out normally. No epoxy there.

Attachments

• photo49935.jpg
    photo49935.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 104
fondled it this weekend...the chassis is comfortable as it gets...also i love the vertical grip, fits my hands better than the grip on my AT

Again, nice job taking on the unknown. I'm glad to see it up and running and shooting great!

ran the gun at another club match today at outback precision rifle club and yet again it ran flawlessly. gave mpa the info for the changes that were required to fit this action correctly and should be listed as an inlet option very soon. you should be able to call and place an order for it until they get the website updated. i know a few people are already on the list

Reactions: Victor Co Heather
it just flat out works. i haven't run into a single issue with mine yet

Same here. Mine still runs like a scalded dog in typical AI fashion. I’ve just completed my third match in the MPA chassis. The latest was a MPA club match which is on a square range, and most stages require at least three position changes. This is where the MPA comes into its own. Better balance with more weight up front, and the profile of the rifle is a lot lower which makes a difference getting the gun into holes.

Is it a must to compete with an AI? Absolutely not.

If AI is your queen, but PRS shooting is your mistress...then it might just be worth it ?