• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bushnell conx vs sig kilo 2200

ironsight1000yard

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
Bushnell is running a 25% rebate on their product which brings the down close to kilo2200?

With that, which is a better choice? Consider the Bluetooth just as an add-on, and focus on ranging mainly.

The Bushnell has many more options than the sig, and the design of the Conx is way better and being a Horizontal design makes it easier to hold steady Much like the Terrapin / G7 and it has a Built In Tripod Adapter.

Most people complain about the 10 pre set modes claiming they are not accurate, well here's the Rub, They are for "Factory Standard HUNTING Loads" and Standard Rifles, Not Home / Custom Loads or Custom Rifles, And They "ARE" within inches or "Less" and they will work out to over 800 yards, Or you can use one of the other mode that will give you the Ranges for as far as it can Range, The Conx has 4 Brightness setting, That work from low light when set at Number 1 and when set to Number 4 you can point it at the Sky and still be able to read the Screen, One thing I really like is the metal Diopter ring which has a lot of adjustment, And I have ranged things from 5 yards out to over a mile.

The Bushnell Conx gives you the option of 16 Ballistic Modes and Three Ranging Modes, and you have the Choice of "Line of Sight" or the "True" Ballistic Range, It will also give you the Bullet Drop in ( Cm, Inches, Mils and MOA ). This Now brings us to the "Conx" side of things,

You can connect it to the Conx App which will give you the Dope out to 1000 + yards, Then you can use the Kestrel App, Then You can Connect it to the Kestrel Sportsman or if you want AB's unlimited Software then you can Connect it to the Kestrel Elite Applied Ballistics which will take it out to as far as it will Go. When the Conx is linked to the Kestrel the Conx sends the range and the degrees to the Kestrel and then the Kestrel sends the Range and Adjustments back to the Conx which is then displayed on the screen of the Conx which is all done in nano seconds etc, Or you can set it up to give you the Full Beans and Type the DATA in to your preferred APP and MAX it right out, The only Limits on the Bushnell Conx are the Ones we put there and like all PLRF's ranging will vary Due to Weather conditions, Light etc.

I have ranged fence posts out to almost a mile, and Domestic Sheep at over 1300 yards and Trees at well over 1500 yards, I have hit sheds at a Mile 9 times out of 10. and Crows and Seagulls well over 300 yards, and Stone Rock Walls well past 1500 yards.

People have a bad habit of judging LRF's by how far they can go which is a big mistake, When they should be judging them on what they can do and "How" they can be adapted to suit your needs, It does not matter if a rangefinder can Range out to 10 Miles Although that would be nice as a conversation piece It has very little use to us in the real world. The earlier Bushnell 1 Mile ARC is a great LRF but with The Conx you have a couple of Cheats where you can use it to get the Range etc to feed in to your favourite App and get the Max Ranging formula's.

Having read many Military Tests and compared the Specs to what the Military required and then done my own Tests, The Bushnell Conx is well within what was asked for by the US Government / DOD. and since the Bushnell 1500 came out the DOD has ordered over 60,000 to 100,000 Bushnell rangefinders. Just as a side note the US DOD did not require an LRF to hit a 10" plate at 1200 yards so whether some can or can't is irrelevant, As I said above, It is how an LRF adapts to your needs is what is important, A classic example of this is the first G7 model that came out, Because it only gave you readings in MOA which although at the time I preferred MOA come ups, To me using a scope with a Mil Dot Reticle and MOA Turrets seems stupid and is more like having speed signs that read MPH and your Car/Trucks speedo reading KPH, Where as the G7 should of been switchable Like most other LRF's were when the G7 first came out and thank goodness G7 have now corrected this with the Mk II G7. We could go as far to drag the Vectronix range of LRF's in to the mix because they have the best ranging abilities of any LRF along with a couple of other companies that their range is measured in Miles not Yards or metres, But if we are honest they have very little use in our world,

The Bushnell Conx and the Sig 2200 and the Sig 2400 and the Leica 1600b and the 2000b are all excellent Rangefinders and the one a person should buy is the one that ticks all your boxes, Not the one that goes the furthest or is the most expensive, My reason for going with the Conx is because I wanted a Rangefinder that would give me the maximum amount of options to Access "ANY" App or scenario that would possibly arise, So If my Kestrel Crashed I could use my App or if my App/Battery in my tablet or phone Died then I could use the Kestrel or if both of them Died then I could use the Closest of the Ballistic Modes, And If my LRF battery died then I can use my Scope or Binoculars or my Spotter. The Conx fills in all the Gaps because of how flexible it is, My Conx gives me Ballistics My Kestrel gives me ballistics, My Tablet gives me Ballistics and So does my Phone, So without Range cards they give me 4 ways to get Ballistic solutions and with my Conx, Scope, Bino's and my Spotter they also Give me 4 options to acquire Range estimation. I want all bases covered and no Grey areas, One thing for sure is that being on the wrong side of the Scope at a Mile or So is a Dangerous place to be if the Conx is at hand.

Most of the Conx Reviews are just cut and paste and not one of them actually go in to what it can do and they just parrot out their version of what is on Bushnell's page. and the Manual although it is good does not cover it all and some of my findings I have relayed back to Bushnell via their importers.

There is No Best Range finder, But there is one that Ticks all your boxes, For me the Conx leaves nothing to Chance, "Yes" a Terrapin would be nice but it does not do enough to remove any margins of error, The PLRF 10, 15. 25 or the Vector IV, 21, or the 23 etc do a lot but none of them are needed unless a person is on the frontline and then the Government will supply you with them, where as a $500 - $1000 will cover most Hunting or Tactical applications at a fraction of the Cost.

Hope this helps,

John.

Last edited:
What a great review. It mirrors my experience with mine. When paired with a Kestrel they are fantastic. I bought mine after using my shooting partners during the Mammoth Sniper Challenge last year. We had several unknown distance stages that being able to have our rifle data already pre loaded it was blazing fast to laze targets and get a solution. It definitely took some abuse at that match and the entire match it never got above 10 degrees and it worked flawlessly. Ive since used mine in a couple of matches and it works excellent in a hunting scenario.

Reactions: MilDot1960
What a great review. It mirrors my experience with mine. When paired with a Kestrel they are fantastic. I bought mine after using my shooting partners during the Mammoth Sniper Challenge last year. We had several unknown distance stages that being able to have our rifle data already pre loaded it was blazing fast to laze targets and get a solution. It definitely took some abuse at that match and the entire match it never got above 10 degrees and it worked flawlessly. Ive since used mine in a couple of matches and it works excellent in a hunting scenario.

Thanks,

To be honest my original goal was to buy the Bushnell 1 mile ARC because I liked the features and the Colour and at the time I was holding back from getting the Bluetooth model because of not knowing whether it was a secure set up or not and then it all started to make more sense, And with the Applied Ballistic's and the Custom ( Gun 1, 2 and 3 Modes ) I realised that they were the edge that I was looking for, So with all the choices the Conx has there is not one area in which it can not cover, With many optics they are either too powerful or not powerful enough or too heavy or have pull up eye cups where as Twist up eye cups are more useful or the Reticle is too big or is always in your vision / Sweet spot, Where as the Conx does not suffer from any of these issues But most of all it ranges extremely well and it gives you many ways to access Ballistic Solutions out to a Mile or more.

So far I have not used it mounted on a Tripod but when I do I quite expect it to range even further, but as of yet with the aid of The Kestrel or my Apps I have not found it to be wanting, The Conx is the Real Deal and anything a person can think of is in there, and It does not need Weather features built in because that is what the Kestrel is for and my Watch also covers that too and reading wind manually is something we should all practice, So between the Kestrel and my Watch and my person skills again all bases are covered,

Hope this helps,

John.

Thanks for the long reply. I mainly focus on ranging and sheep at 1300 is pretty good.
my concern with Sig is that people's reviews are inconsistent. Some say it is great others say they suck. Yet for Bushnell there are not many feedback can be found.

I have ranged fence posts out to almost a mile, and Domestic Sheep at over 1300 yards and Trees at well over 1500 yards, I have hit sheds at a Mile 9 times out of 10. and Crows and Seagulls well over 300 yards, and Stone Rock Walls well past 1500 yards.

John.

Thanks for the long reply. I mainly focus on ranging and sheep at 1300 is pretty good.
my concern with Sig is that people's reviews are inconsistent. Some say it is great others say they suck. Yet for Bushnell there are not many feedback can be found.

Your Welcome,

The Conx is like a Swiss Army Knife it does everything So what ever Bushnell bring out next is going to have some awful big Boots to fill, Maybe add a Compass would be great for Drawing/making Maps/Range cards etc.along with giving the shooter the direction of fire. One thing to remember is that it was Bushnell that gave us the first Rangefinders so I think they are ahead of their Game.

Like you I came up against the same problems, There are no serious reviews except one or two and there are a lot that just quote Bushnell's sales pitch, The truth is you can adapt the Conx to suit your needs, I was also thinking of the New G7 but it's weather set up is incomplete yet it is a Great Rangefinder and I have seen them range way out there 3 years ago it was the Go To LRF but now everyone raves about the Sig but their past models have less than a 40% strike rate where over 60% of owners have had to return them or trade up to the next model, One major bug bare is the tripod mount which is an after thought and yet another piece of kit to carry, Why they never integrated the mount in to the housing just shows lack of forethought, With a little effort the Sig could have been really good so hopefully they will step up with their next version.

John.

Last edited:
I'm going to be the voice of dissent then, get the 2200MR. The Sig rangefinders are outstanding.

My PRF was stolen so i'm in the market as well. The 25% off the bushnell is very attractive as it's horizontal config is what i'm used to. So ranging animals at 1000yds isn't too much a problem. That's really all i'd ask of it in hunting scenarios is 1000 and below.

I bought my Bushnell range finder off of Promotive. The mil-discount is very nice, and made it the best deal I could find on a range finder.

I haven't paired it up with a Kestrell yet. I want to get the AB Elite version eventually. However there are two very simple work arounds, that I think might be better.

I use the AB Mobile App on my phone. I take the come-up data off of that and put it into the CONX program, and then my data is spot on at distance. And it's stored in the rangefinder, So I don't need to have my phone on me, Or a Kestrel. If I can range it, I can shoot it.

The other work around is to just use the app as intended. Zero your rifle at 100 yards, and shoot it on paper out to a good distance, get good data, and then plug it into the rangefinder. No ballistic truing or altering BCs of bullets or any of that junk.

I shot 6 deer in two days in part because of the rangefinder. My time between spotting game and shooting is very good. The furthest deer was just over 700 yards.

I also used mine at Mammoth this year, which was absolutely brutal. It didn't have a single issue and it never got above 10 degrees. I was happy with it. It worked better than I did at that temp.

I'm going to be the voice of dissent then, get the 2200MR. The Sig rangefinders are outstanding.

Yeah many people like it, but some are saying their units are just like some of the bad kilo2000s. Those don't range well.
I don't know but seems like Sig has some QC issue.

Yeah many people like it, but some are saying their units are just like some of the bad kilo2000s. Those don't range well.
I don't know but seems like Sig has some QC issue.

There's probably 10x the number of Kilo 2000s in the wild as the ConX. I had an older Bushy LRF, it was decent for the money...at the time, the Kilos are way better. The hyperscan feature is amazing.

This is the first place I've seen someone speak positively about the ConX. Seen plenty of people bitching about Bluetooth connectivity issues. Crappy ballistics software that displays drop but no wind hold, etc.

You'll find negatives everywhere. Where are the people complaining about the 2200s? I've not seen that yet. $1150 is supposed to be a bargain? I'd steer guys towards a Kilo 2400 for that kind of money, they're selling in the high 12s and low 13s and it's one device instead of two with all the same features and a better LRF.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
How do they compare to the prf? Also is it that complicated to design a horizontal oriented portable range finder? That's an honest question. It's a huge selling point for me. I can't stand the way standard range finders are shaped.

I so seriously consider 2200, but so many people have a bad 2000. The 2200 is relatively new so less reports but here is one

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/forum/...-world-reviews

The conx is a hair above $500 with the 25% rebate, really close to 2200.

There's probably 10x the number of Kilo 2000s in the wild as the ConX. I had an older Bushy LRF, it was decent for the money...at the time, the Kilos are way better. The hyperscan feature is amazing.

This is the first place I've seen someone speak positively about the ConX. Seen plenty of people bitching about Bluetooth connectivity issues. Crappy ballistics software that displays drop but no wind hold, etc.

You'll find negatives everywhere. Where are the people complaining about the 2200s? I've not seen that yet. $1150 is supposed to be a bargain? I'd steer guys towards a Kilo 2400 for that kind of money, they're selling in the high 12s and low 13s and it's one device instead of two with all the same features and a better LRF.

Last edited:

As BangBangBlatBlat said the Conx works really well, I have never shot that many Deer in a month let alone in two days. The problems arise when people try to connect it the way they want instead of the correct way, It Also scans really well which I guess is the same as what Sig call their Hyperscan.

With the Conx there is nothing to Brag about because it does Everything that Bushnell says it can apart from it Ranges on those Items a lot further and it is like holding a Hi Tech Terrapin or a G7, and you hold it like you would a pair of Binoculars which is the most natural position to our hands. being able to range to a Mile +/- is a huge bonus and I don't see the point in Shooting past that, Yes it is good to do it for a bit of fun, And if a person actually needs to range beyond that then buy a different model made for the job, yes it will cost quite a few $000 Dollars and that also depends on how often a person is going to shoot that far whether it is worth the extra cost involved but the first step up the ladder is the G7 but at around $1800 and then that takes you into the Vectronix range of products or the Divorce Courts, Lol.

If a person does not shoot beyond a Mile then there is no point in buying an LRF that goes out to 4 or 5K unless it is just to look good at the firing range or you can't survive without owning the Bragging rights, That may sound a bit Harsh But it's True, It won't make anyone a better shooter, When I joined a Club there was one Guy who was the club hero sportin a $10,000 Dollar hand made Rifle and mine cost $450.00, Needless to say I took the next two comps from him and have the medals to prove it, But to make light of it all, Shooting is a bit like sex it's not what you got it's how you use it,

Shooting out to fantasy distances needs extreme prep and planning, Because I know of a Horrific Accident that happened when someone tried that, And if someone buys an LRF that can go that far it won't be long before they or one of their mates come up with the Idea of giving it a go,

Shooting has changed a lot this past 20+ years or so, People would put a Target up out as far as they dare, then they started putting them up as far as they can see with the naked eye, Now they put them up as far as they can see with a Spotting Scope, And now I guess those new Laser guided Bullets will become the next phase at unheard of Ranges, who knows ?

There was a time when 3 to 500 yards was the safest Hunting Range but with modern Ballistics and Scopes etc those distances have gone beyond 1k, I wish we could travel back in time with some of these new gadgets and see the look on peoples faces, I wonder what Ol Carlos would think of them, Bless Him.

Any of these LRF's will work well except one particular model, Like I said before I went with the Bushnell Conx because it leaves nothing to chance when I use or pair it with any one piece of my Kit, There is only one thing I need now and that is a Night Scope that can hang with the Range of the Conx then my Kit would be complete.

John.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogbone
ConX owners how is the glass?

I would say it is up there with the best, it seems to be as good as my Leupold Tactical BX-2 Binos, In fact I tend to leave the binos at home now and use the Conx for glassing and it is almost half the weight of the BX-2 T's.

John.

That's great to hear. Interestingly enough there aren't that many reviews out there on it. Ranging animals to 1000yds and under it does well? That's essentially all i'm looking for. I mean don't get me wrong i wouldn't mind putting steel out to 1200 or so. My PRF would range pivots at nearly 1350yds despite it's rating for 1200. Thing was amazing, didn't have all the software and gizmos i'm now seeing in range finders but purely on a ranging perspective it was great.

That's great to hear. Interestingly enough there aren't that many reviews out there on it. Ranging animals to 1000yds and under it does well? That's essentially all i'm looking for. I mean don't get me wrong i wouldn't mind putting steel out to 1200 or so. My PRF would range pivots at nearly 1350yds despite it's rating for 1200. Thing was amazing, didn't have all the software and gizmos i'm now seeing in range finders but purely on a ranging perspective it was great.

Well a couple of weeks back I was zapping domestic sheep with it at 877 yards and above, That was in very bright sunlight, the mirage was one of the worst I have seen, it was almost like Mist, But still it hit them every time and under the same conditions I zapped a Tree at 1381 yards and an old stone Church at 1485 yards, That being the worst conditions I have used any optics in and it still managed to hit those ranges every time then I have little doubts it will do it all day everyday and under perfect conditions it will go a lot further,

I don't know why many other have not come forward with their results, But to be honest I have always wanted either a Terrapin but most of all the G7 But for the ranges up to a mile +/- I don't think I would have one of the others now, I still find it hard to believe that it can do all that and be stuffed into such a small package and the finish / Quality will put a smile on ya face.

hope this helps.

John.

I bought my Bushnell range finder off of Promotive. The mil-discount is very nice, and made it the best deal I could find on a range finder.

I haven't paired it up with a Kestrell yet. I want to get the AB Elite version eventually. However there are two very simple work arounds, that I think might be better.

I use the AB Mobile App on my phone. I take the come-up data off of that and put it into the CONX program, and then my data is spot on at distance. And it's stored in the rangefinder, So I don't need to have my phone on me, Or a Kestrel. If I can range it, I can shoot it.

The other work around is to just use the app as intended. Zero your rifle at 100 yards, and shoot it on paper out to a good distance, get good data, and then plug it into the rangefinder. No ballistic truing or altering BCs of bullets or any of that junk.

I shot 6 deer in two days in part because of the rangefinder. My time between spotting game and shooting is very good. The furthest deer was just over 700 yards.

I also used mine at Mammoth this year, which was absolutely brutal. It didn't have a single issue and it never got above 10 degrees. I was happy with it. It worked better than I did at that temp.

Do you know if you can get the promotive/expertcity price + the 25% mail in rebate?

I was going going to buy the Kilo 2000 a year ago, but the reliability/QC issues scared me off. Sounds like the 2200 may be hit or miss too. My buddy has a 1 mile Arc and it kept up with a PLRF to about 1760 off a truck and water tank. This thread hepled in the decision as a well. Thanks to Bushnell's rebate I have a CONX/Kestrel combo on the way where the range finder ended up being practically free. The other option was the 2400, but it is more than 2x and I'd rather have the kestrel w/AB over the whetherflow.

Last edited:
I was going going to buy the Kilo 2000 a year ago, but the reliability/QC issues scared me off. Sounds like the 2200 may be hit or miss too. My buddy has a 1 mile Arc and it kept up with a PLRF to about 1760 off a truck and water tank. This thread hepled in the decision as a well. Thanks to Bushnell's rebate I have a CONX/Kestrel combo on the way where the range finder ended up being practically free. The other option was the 2400, but it is more than 2x and I'd rather have the kestrel w/AB over the whetherflow.

Congrats on your new Toys, The Design and the colour of the ConX reminds me of the Terrapin and it is a good solid piece of kit, This is about the only major forum where there are some great posts about it.

I am waiting for the weather to clean up so I can go and do some Tripod testing with it, off hand I have zapped things just on a Mile in adverse condition where the humidity haze was brutal with changing light conditions with the sun over head and it returned the range on everything I Zapped so I might try some targets at sundown and see what happens.

Anyway good luck and have fun.

John.

kilo 2400..

Attachments

• photo52758.png
    photo52758.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 68
I just ordered a conx through walmart of all places. After the rebate it will be about $435.

The app in the photo is sigs applied ballistics app. It's what you use to load profiles. It also does the wind readings and talks to the 2400.

The app in the photo is sigs applied ballistics app. It's what you use to load profiles. It also does the wind readings and talks to the 2400.

Ok, Thanks Dave.

I have had to get a new phone because mine gave up the Ghost but the up side to that is I can now download the ConX App for Free so Now I have 5/6 options available with how I use the ComX.

1) I can use the pre sets.
2) or the Kestrel App.
3) or the ConX App.
4) with the Kestrel Sportsman or Elite.
5) Or as a stand alone unit with other Apps.

I have been checking out the 2400 and although they range well compared to other Sig models, It overall system seems to be made up of after thoughts, As in every time they have found something missing they have added it as an extra part to carry, Which is a shame because being able to range well is not enough to make up for all the short falls, Where as the ConX only requires 2 Items to get the job done and in some cases only the ConX it's self.

John.

I believe once everything is loaded onto the app and transmitted to the 2400, it does everything within the rangefinder except wind.

So you aim, hit the button, it does the inclinometer, distance, Coriolis, drag calculation, weather, but you need to have the phone for the wind.

At least I believe that's how it goes.

I believe once everything is loaded onto the app and transmitted to the 2400, it does everything within the rangefinder except wind.

So you aim, hit the button, it does the inclinometer, distance, Coriolis, drag calculation, weather, but you need to have the phone for the wind.

At least I believe that's how it goes.

From what I have just read/seen you need the LRF the phone and the Fan and the tripod mount so that's 3 or 4 bits of equipment, This does not detract anything from it's abilities, But they could of made it a little less dependant on Accessories.

John.

From what I have just read/seen you need the LRF the phone and the Fan and the tripod mount so that's 3 or 4 bits of equipment, This does not detract anything from it's abilities, But they could of made it a little less dependant on Accessories.

John.

Not correct. The only accessory that is additional to The conx is the tripod adapter if you feel you need one. You would need a kestrel with the conx to maximize accuracy. The only time you NEED the app is to upload your profiles. You can manually enter your wind direction and speed without the app or the wind meter. In actual field use all you absolutely need is the rangefinder and a way to measure wind if needed. I have absolutely never mounted a rangefinder to a tripod and actually feel that ability is overrated. That being said one of the cool features of the 2400 is the ability to mount it to the tripod and remote activate it with the app. I've used most rangefinders including the g7 and conx and I'm sorry but the kilo 2400 smokes them both. The thing is pretty damn amazing at its price point. Your initial review of the conx is great but the kilo checks all of those boxes and more. I have successfully entered estimated wind speeds using mirage and had multiple first round hits out to 1200 yards using only the kilo 2400 itself. I have confirmed the atmospherics on the kilo with my kestrel and they are always exact. The only thing that I can't get to match my strelok app is the spin drift but I still get hits..

Last edited:
Not correct. The only accessory that is additional to The conx is the tripod adapter if you feel you need one. You would need a kestrel with the conx to maximize accuracy. The only time you NEED the app is to upload your profiles. You can manually enter your wind direction and speed without the app or the wind meter. In actual field use all you absolutely need is the rangefinder and a way to measure wind if needed. I have absolutely never mounted a rangefinder to a tripod and actually feel that ability is overrated. That being said one of the cool features of the 2400 is the ability to mount it to the tripod and remote activate it with the app. I've used most rangefinders including the g7 and conx and I'm sorry but the kilo 2400 smokes them both. The thing is pretty damn amazing at its price point. Your initial review of the conx is great but the kilo checks all of those boxes and more. I have successfully entered estimated wind speeds using mirage and had multiple first round hits out to 1200 yards using only the kilo 2400 itself. I have confirmed the atmospherics on the kilo with my kestrel and they are always exact. The only thing that I can't get to match my strelok app is the spin drift but I still get hits..

Have you filled in the drop down chart with the FPS at different Temps, Or checked the Truing Page,

The point I am trying to make is that the Sig needs all those accessories to complete the package And whether a person chooses to use them or not is irrelevant , anyone can Guess what the wind/weather is doing but that is not the point I was making, Whether you use the tripod mount of not is also irrelevent it is still an added extra instead of being part of the Unit.

Three years ago all the shooting forums were a Buzz singing the virtues of the G-7 everyone was raving about them, I have seen many photos of them ranging well over 2500 yards on Rock faces water towers Signs and all sorts of Targets, Suddenly it has become a Dog in the eyes of shooters, as if they have just stopped being able to range targets just because Sig has started making rangefinders, Sig make great Guns but their Rangefinder are like a Childs Lego Kit, meaning you have to piece it together in order to use it and their last effort had a 60 to 70% failure Rate, And just because it can Range about half the range of the Terrapin everyone dismisses the all it's faults and some of those faults were listed when the 2000 and earlier models came out and they remain uncorrected and Sig are Still building what they want instead of what the people ask for or complain about, If they don't start listening this will turn round and bite them like it did on another certain US company and that started forum wars.

Being able to range 2 or 3000 yards does not make it a good range finder, that just means it is powerful, But so is a Bugatti Veyron but it is useless for dropping the kids off at school or towing a 5th wheel RV. And shooting out to subsonic ranges is a very dangerous thing to do and there will be some that will try it,

I Know the Sig out runs the ConX when it comes to how far it can range but at those ranges the Shooter is no longer in control, At a Mile a Man / Human is about 1.1 mils High and at 3000 yards a person would be around 0.66 Mils high so the shooter would not even see them let alone know they were there,

I would rather Sig made a model that just gave the Distance, Degrees and a Compass with an adjustable Dec so it could be used around the world and if they are going to keep making powerful Rangefinders then Build the Tripod mount in to the Unit. I would rather they made a unit that could do that instead of them trying to adapt Bushnells Ideas creating their version of things. It's like Johnny Cash's Cadillac.

John.

lmfao you're really hung up on the tripod mount.. you do know you can leave it on the rangefinder right? To maximize its effectiveness you have to have all the same items (except the tripod mount) with the conx...You're not going to take a conx out of the box and hit at 1000 yards. To measure atmospherics and wind you have to have a kestrel don't you? With the kilo you only need the rangefinder to measure atmospherics and if you need an EXACT wind hold(where you're standing) either use the included wind meter in a phone (which everyone usually has and you need to true your ballistics with your conx as well) or a kestrel...The point is the conx isn't any less of a childs lego kit than the 2400. Yes I have trued the ballistics and temp settings.. just as you had to do with your kestrel/conx. I would love to see where you got your 60-70% failure rate data and that is on a previous model rangefinder.. there are not many disappointed 2400 users and just because you see a bad review on a forum doesn't mean there aren't hunderds or thousands more that are happy. Also please explain to me why shooting out to subsonic ranges is dangerous in a safe area (you know where most of us do it). Hell I've had to shoot past transonic at matches! Look just because you do most of your shooting out at 800 yards doesn't mean the rest of us do. And those of us that shoot past a mile are usually using calibers large enough to stay supersonic well past that range. The conx/kestrel might fit your needs very well but you are lying to yourself if you think it is more capable than the kilo 2400.. not only does it range ridiculously far and fast but the ballistics data is accurate at those ranges. I owned the g7 and thought it was a decent kit BUT I never trusted the ballistics data. It never ran true to my data. It was great for hitting an elk sized target at 800 yards but not a 16" area on that elk sized target. I've ranged deer on a horizon at 1200 yards with this thing and confirmed the data with my strelok app and its dead nuts! Like I said its an AMAZING rangefinder and an equally impressive ballistics calculator. After all.. it the same program as your kestrel.

Last edited:
And for the record.. I own nothing else sig.. I bought this because it works better than my G7.. I am not a fanboy of any product. I own stuff from multiple manufacturers because they are the best bang for the buck.. Not because of who makes them..

lmfao you're really hung up on the tripod mount.. you do know you can leave it on the rangefinder right? You have to have all the same items (except the tripod mount) with the conx... to measure atmospherics and wind you have to have a kestrel don't you? With the kilo you only need the rangefinder to measure atmospherics and if you need an EXACT wind hold(where you're standing) either use the included wind meter in a phone (which everyone usually has and you need to true your ballistics with your conx as well) or a kestrel...The point is the conx isn't any less of a childs lego kit than the 2400. Yes I have trued the ballistics and temp settings.. just as you had to do with your kestrel/conx. I would love to see where you got your 60-70% failure rate data and that is on a previous model rangefinder.. there are not many disappointed 2400 users and just because you see a bad review on a forum doesn't mean there aren't hunderds or thousands more that are happy. Also please explain to me why shooting out to subsonic ranges is dangerous in a safe area (you know where most of us do it). Hell I've had to shoot past transonic at matches! Look just because you do most of your shooting out at 800 yards doesn't mean the rest of us do. And those of us that shoot past a mile are usually using calibers large enough to stay supersonic well past that range. The conx/kestrel might fit your needs very well but you are lying to yourself if you think it is more capable than the kilo 2400.. not only does it range ridiculously far and fast but the ballistics data is accurate at those ranges. I owned the g7 and thought it was a decent kit BUT I never trusted the ballistics data. It never ran true to my data. It was great for hitting an elk sized target at 800 yards but not a 16" area on that elk sized target. I've ranged deer on a horizon at 1200 yards with this thing and confirmed the data with my strelok app and its dead nuts! Like I said its an AMAZING rangefinder and an equally impressive ballistics calculator. After all.. it the same program as your kestrel.

Lol, I shoot a lot further than that, but only at official Ranges not open country, But that is another Topic.

It is not a case of I saw a bad review I have seen many people post Dozens and dozens of posts on this forum alone where they have had to return their sig 2000's and have gone for over 5 or 6 weeks before sig did the right thing by them, You only have to read this thread to see peoples comments and of those who have had to exchange them for a different model due to them being unreliable, I have pointed out the facts, and the blame lie's at Sigs door.

The ConX is more than capable of shooting at a Mile +/-, Like I have said already I have ranged sheep at over 1300 yards and fence posts a lot further and trees beyond 1500 yards and there are Videos on YT proving the fact.

If you like the sig then I am pleased for you, where as I come from an engineering back ground and I see what it is and what it could have been, At the same time I see the extra parts that need to packed in when heading Bush, But To be fair that is not such an issue when it is being used at the range,

I am not lying about anything So lets not start with the personal stuff, there is no reason why we can't keep the comments focussed on the products at hand,

I don't know who was singing the G7s praises but it was never anybody here. Frankly it's priced too high. For another $500 you had a Terrapin that would leave it in the dust.

The 2400 doesn't do half what the Terrapin does, it's within about 100-200yds of the Terrapin during independent testing. Is the ConX that close?

I think it's laughable that the Kilo is being criticized for including accessories you pay extra for with other offerings. But whatever... I'm just a guy with a Terrapin and experience with the Kilo 2400 posting in a ConX lovefest thread.

If it works for you great, doesn't make it better than other options though, unfortunately.

Just checked out the ConX at Bushnell's site and they list it having a max range of 500 yards on deer. Is that in bright sunlight, or just low light.

I don't know who was singing the G7s praises but it was never anybody here. Frankly it's priced too high. For another $500 you had a Terrapin that would leave it in the dust.

The 2400 doesn't do half what the Terrapin does, it's within about 100-200yds of the Terrapin during independent testing. Is the ConX that close?

I think it's laughable that the Kilo is being criticized for including accessories you pay extra for with other offerings. But whatever... I'm just a guy with a Terrapin and experience with the Kilo 2400 posting in a ConX lovefest thread.

If it works for you great, doesn't make it better than other options though, unfortunately.

At one time there were G7 adverts on the Banners of every forum and LRH did a lot to promote them as well, But they seemed to of fallen out of favour,

I have seen many posts and photos of the Terrapin Ranging out to around the 5000 metre mark which is a lot further than the sig, For the money the sig has great ranging power well beyond the range of most rifles.

This is not a love fest, But when you compare the two LRF's one is better thought out than the other, whether it is design or connectivity, Personally I like the Terrapin for all out power but they lack the features of the ConX and I like the G-7 but again I prefer the ConX because of the connectivity.It might not range much past 2000 yards but what it does it does very well, for an LRF in the 500 to 1000 dollar price bracket.,

Just checked out the ConX at Bushnell's site and they list it having a max range of 500 yards on deer. Is that in bright sunlight, or just low light.

That is a mistake, those figures are from what they posted about the lesser models, the Fugures on the Box quote 600/1200/1760 the fact is it will range Animals out past 1300 yards and Trees out past 1500 yards and fence posts out past 1600 yards, As of yet I have not tried it on highly reflective targets but I did bounce it off a shed at 1677 yards.

John.

At one time there were G7 adverts on the Banners of every forum and LRH did a lot to promote them as well, But they seemed to of fallen out of favour,

I have seen many posts and photos of the Terrapin Ranging out to around the 5000 metre mark which is a lot further than the sig, For the money the sig has great ranging power well beyond the range of most rifles.

This is not a love fest, But when you compare the two LRF's one is better thought out than the other, whether it is design or connectivity, Personally I like the Terrapin for all out power but they lack the features of the ConX and I like the G-7 but again I prefer the ConX because of the connectivity.It might not range much past 2000 yards but what it does it does very well, for an LRF in the 500 to 1000 dollar price bracket.,

Maybe on a mountainside, I've ranged to 3500+ yards with the 2400 too. That's not standardized testing. Applied Ballistics did a huge test with standardized conditions and target sizes and the 2400 was within about 100yds of the Terrapins performance.

Not so much with the G7, I'll look... pretty sure the ConX did even worse.

Maybe on a mountainside, I've ranged to 3500+ yards with the 2400 too. That's not standardized testing. Applied Ballistics did a huge test with standardized conditions and target sizes and the 2400 was within about 100yds of the Terrapins performance.

Not so much with the G7, I'll look... pretty sure the ConX did even worse.

How can you say the ConX did even worse when it is rated to 1760 not 2400 or 5 or 6000 yards, As long as they can range their quoted numbers that is all that is required. baring in mind the ConX gives a person the most options out of all of them,

just because the sig can range up to 3500 when it feels like it does not make it a good rangefinder, It just means it is unpredictable, And most people who buy them are praying that their does not give up the Ghost like so many have done already, The concept was good but the end product is a lemon.

How can you say the ConX did even worse when it is rated to 1760 not 2400 or 5 or 6000 yards, As long as they can range their quoted numbers that is all that is required. baring in mind the ConX gives a person the most options out of all of them,

just because the sig can range up to 3500 when it feels like it does not make it a good rangefinder, It just means it is unpredictable, And most people who buy them are praying that their does not give up the Ghost like so many have done already, The concept was good but the end product is a lemon.

It's easy...you design a test with specific target sizes and reflectivity levels. You design a method of testing performance. Say at 500/1000/1500 (the AB test was much more in depth) you then test the LRFs and document which ones returned hits and which didn't. The ones that didn't...did worse!

I don't care if the ConX is rated to 1760, rated to 1760 on what? A tree? A car? A mountain? I don't shoot at any of those objects. The AB targets were much much closer to what we actually shoot. Read the book instead of arguing senselessly.

It's easy...you design a test with specific target sizes and reflectivity levels. You design a method of testing performance. Say at 500/1000/1500 (the AB test was much more in depth) you then test the LRFs and document which ones returned hits and which didn't. The ones that didn't...did worse!

I don't care if the ConX is rated to 1760, rated to 1760 on what? A tree? A car? A mountain? I don't shoot at any of those objects. .

The targets they quote were Deer at 600, Trees at 1200 and Reflective at 1760, And so far I have found those figures to be under estimated by up to about 30 to 40% and in some cases to be in excess of more than 120% of the quote figures.

The sig is 3x the price of the ConX, and the G7 is 3 to 4x the price and the Terrapin is between 6 and 8x the price and still the ConX has more useable features, It is stupid to compare LRF's that are 3 to 6x the price, even though they lack the technology and they only thing that they have going for them is power,

I also saw the test where they had a few LRF's and the Bushnell model they used was 4 generations back, I have no trouble hitting a 1 Mil target at over 1670 yards at an angle free hand, I have yet to mount it on a Tripod and test it but I have no doubts it will go further.

I have no respect for sig, they market products that they know are defective instead of recalling them, Leaving the customer to do their field testing for them and when a custom does contact them and send their LRF back to them they then proceed to keep lying to the customer and keep them waiting for up to 6 weeks at a time.

With their lack of design skills and attention to detail and their Lack of customer service a person would be safer buying an LRF from China Via Ebay.

That is a mistake, those figures are from what they posted about the lesser models, the Fugures on the Box quote 600/1200/1760 the fact is it will range Animals out past 1300 yards and Trees out past 1500 yards and fence posts out past 1600 yards, As of yet I have not tried it on highly reflective targets but I did bounce it off a shed at 1677 yards.

John.

You should call Bushnell and tell them they're selling their LRF short by 800+ yards. They'll probably give you a free scope.

You should call Bushnell and tell them they're selling their LRF short by 800+ yards. They'll probably give you a free scope.

Lol, heaven forbid, I think they are sand bagging on their facts and figures, None of the above really matters as long as the user is happy with the brand and model they choose. I would be happy if someone would make an LRF with the range of the Terrapin that gives Degrees and with a Digital Compass that you could adjust the DEC on so it would be compatible all over the world. still we live in hope.

John.

I think I may have been slyly suggesting I've never seen any company purposely downplay their products to quite that extent. More like the opposite.

I think I may have been slyly suggesting I've never seen any company purposely downplay their products to quite that extent. More like the opposite.

There was nothing slyly about it, I thought it pointed out rather well what they all seem to do, the Terrapin was quoted as a 2500/3000 M LRF yet it has been known to go out to 5000/5200 + yards and the sig 2400 is meant to be around 2400 yards yet it goes out to a suggested 3500 and the Leica's can add another 25/30% + so there is a pattern forming.

I think you was pretty fair in all honesty.

John.

Again what extra parts NEED to be packed in over the conx? You have to use a phone to true data with the conx.. With the conx you have to have a kestrel to get actual data correct? . Not so with the 2400. In fact in the field you don't NEED anything but the rangefinder itself to get accurate ballistics with the 2400 if you have any ability to guess wind. A kestrel only gives you the wind hold at your location and atmospherics.. The kilo knows your atmospherics.. calculates spin drift and corialis. You only NEED the rangefinder.. I'm really lost at how you discount the kilo when the conx needs everything your complaining about with the kilo? Not trying to be disrespectful I just don't understand your logic. The kilos ability to range 3000 yards might not be a big deal to you but it makes it that much better at 1000 yards. The conx is inferior in every way to the kilo.. other than it has a tripod mount lol.

Last edited:
The targets they quote were Deer at 600, Trees at 1200 and Reflective at 1760, And so far I have found those figures to be under estimated by up to about 30 to 40% and in some cases to be in excess of more than 120% of the quote figures.

The sig is 3x the price of the ConX, and the G7 is 3 to 4x the price and the Terrapin is between 6 and 8x the price and still the ConX has more useable features, It is stupid to compare LRF's that are 3 to 6x the price, even though they lack the technology and they only thing that they have going for them is power,

I also saw the test where they had a few LRF's and the Bushnell model they used was 4 generations back, I have no trouble hitting a 1 Mil target at over 1670 yards at an angle free hand, I have yet to mount it on a Tripod and test it but I have no doubts it will go further.

I have no respect for sig, they market products that they know are defective instead of recalling them, Leaving the customer to do their field testing for them and when a custom does contact them and send their LRF back to them they then proceed to keep lying to the customer and keep them waiting for up to 6 weeks at a time.

With their lack of design skills and attention to detail and their Lack of customer service a person would be safer buying an LRF from China Via Ebay.

Last attempt here because you're clearly missing the point. There's absolutely a benefit to a standardized method of testing and using it on a wide range of LRFs and prices. They even published a chart about it...dollar for performance ratio. Broken down by cost and distance which models provide a good performance: cost ratio.

I'll have a look when I get home, I know the Kilo models were among the best in price for performance. I don't remember where the ConX, which is really a 1 Mile ARC with BT, wound up.